Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Rumour has it that workers have been called in for night work at the KPA printing facilities...

46 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Rumour has it that workers have been called in for night work at the KPA printing facilities...

One of the Triuri faithful saw someone frantically carrying a roll of paper stock through the back door of the KPA office. He thought he heard the guy mutter something about equipment maintenance.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Good news! I think a sound beating should raise the morale of the workers, so whip them hard! :devil:

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great! I think we should thank the KPA staff for sacrificing their sleep time.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, Bodi said:

Great! I think we should thank the KPA staff for sacrificing their sleep time.:thumbup:

Thank you :thumbup: I always enjoy reading the stories, even when I don't have the time to build.

Edited by merc

On 12/5/2018 at 12:28 PM, gedren_y said:

One of the Triuri faithful saw someone frantically carrying a roll of paper stock through the back door of the KPA office. He thought he heard the guy mutter something about equipment maintenance.

I think that was I wish they would hire some maintenance around here haha 

New and exiting options for black flags of all nations: Secret pirate hideouts!

As everyone knows, any real pirate needs a secret base from which to operate. A hidden cove, camouflaged anchorage, a giant sea cave hide-away, or similar. A place to refit and rest, enjoy good spirits and easy company, dock prizes, stow loot, sort their captured goods, and hold prisoners for ransom.

In short, they need a true pirate Hideout!

Such Hideouts can now be established in the Brick Seas, and these will allow Black Flag pirates a secret base to end their turn in while keeping their location secret from prying eyes and over-zealous port officials or tax collectors.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:21 AM, Kwatchi said:

I have a good Christmas rum pudding recipe.

If you find the time to share via PM: I have no recipe for Decembers WTCM. :classic:

When it comes to sistershipping and filling out the webform: do I link to the "sistership build" or the original ship MOC?

What are the rules regarding micro-build ships? I've been thinking about trying my hand at it recently, but I wasn't sure if the licensing requirements were different and in what way... Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

What are the rules regarding micro-build ships? I've been thinking about trying my hand at it recently, but I wasn't sure if the licensing requirements were different and in what way... Thanks in advance!

You can't license a microbuild ship unless you win the right to do so in a challenge or such.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

You can't license a microbuild ship unless you win the right to do so in a challenge or such.

But it can be very useful for for instance mrca result builds, or showing some larger story. So bring it on :)

On 12/19/2018 at 12:39 AM, Drunknok said:

When it comes to sistershipping and filling out the webform: do I link to the "sistership build" or the original ship MOC? 

I believe it is meant to be the sistership build. @Legostone

do you remember?

32 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Ah, I thought it was something like that...

30 minutes ago, Bregir said:

But it can be very useful for for instance mrca result builds, or showing some larger story. So bring it on :)

Hmm… That might come in useful!

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:
4 hours ago, Bregir said:

Hmm… That might come in useful!

Yes, definitely! Microships are cool! I thought you were just asking about licensing.

I don't know if this applies under the current rules, but I was able to make a micro ship licensable by including a partial ship vig at minifig scale. For the Puppy Hustler I included an interior hold scene with my character bedding down amongst the crates. @Maxim I bought it for MAESTRO, but this was before the new system, so I don't know if it is currently licensed.

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, or a happy similar winter solstice holiday. I love the community we've built here, and I love seeing all of your creations, and occasionally, blowing them up in game. 

Individual Thanks and Holiday greetings. 

Spoiler

SR: 

@Kwatchi, thanks for building a really cool settlement of Charlatan Bay, and the stories you've told with it. 

@Professor Thaum, thanks for being an awesome dude. I've loved seeing your builds from back since AG was a thing, and I can't wait to see them continue. Enjoy a very merry christmas with your family. 

@TomSkippy, thanks for joining this community, and keeping us entertained with funny builds. 

@Roadmonkeytj, thanks for your tireless work on the AMCRA committee, and the great things you've built. 

@Fraunces, thanks for joining this community as well, and I've liked seeing your builds progress.

@Bart, hope the high seas treats you well, and I look forwards to seeing you when you come back. 

ESL:

@Capt Wolf, thanks for your great work on the court, and everything you've brought to the game. 

@Maxim I, hope everything is going great for you, and I look forwards to your eventual return. 

@Elostirion, You're a great builder, thanks for being cool.

@Legostone Thanks for being a patient, kind soul, and also a fantastic shipwright. 

@Kai NRG Hope you have a great holiday, and thanks for not having Guy's Uncle String me up in a while.

@gedren_y Merry Christmas to the Craesh ne Truri, and thanks for your fun quotes.

OL:

@Bodi Thanks for your excellent builds, especially the ships you've built.

@Kolonialbeamter, Hope you come back one day, the Brick Seas miss you.

@Captain Genaro Thanks for being a good leader of OL. 

@Ross Fisher Have a very merry holiday, and I look forwards to the inevitable holy war between us. 

@Khorne Thanks for your excellent Graphic design skills. 

@blackdeathgr Hope the holiday treats you well, and I miss seeing your builds. 

COR:

@SkaForHire, thanks for creating is great game and community, and I hope you can one day return to build with us. 

@Bregir, thanks for putting up with our shenanigans, and I look forwards to seeing the return of Montoya. 

@Ayrlego, thanks for your amazing builds, and for keeping the peace between the WTC and COR

@LM71Blackbird, thanks for your great additions to the game, and the fleet you built for COR

@Mike S, I hope you are spending a great christmas with your family, and I hope one day you return. 

@Captain Dee, thanks for all your cool random projects, I always look forwards to them. 

@Brickwolf, hope you're doing well. Thanks for giving us a cool railroad project last year.

@Lord Buckethead, keep your head up man, I got the impression finals were rough, and I know that feeling. Now hurry on to Mokolei, as soon as you're ready!

@Flavius Gratian, I always like your builds, and I like the direction your stories take. 

And last, but not least of COR, @Drunknok, thanks for being a great friend, business partner, and confidant. The WTC wouldn't be what it is today without you, and I really hope you have a merry Christmas with your family. 

Really hope I got everyone, I know I almost certainly missed someone though. 

Thanks to everyone for this great community we've created, and I look forwards to seeing it go another year, or ten. I know I play a madman in game, but I really do appreciate all of you, and what you each bring to this community.

Everyone, I hope you have a great holiday, whether that's Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, or the New Year. Spend time with your families, and I look forwards to another year. 

Question towards leadership: Over the past year I almost never licensed any of my MOCs. May I do that now in retrospect?

In total I have licensed 1 non-challenge-prize MOC and 3 challenge-prize-MOCs for myself in 2018. Now I have a total of 10 or 11 MOCs ready to be licensed, all of which were constructed over the past year and a half.

May I license all of them in retrospect right away, or does the 3/month limit apply, so that I can only license 3/11 now, and 4-6/11 in January, 7-9 in February, and so on?

My understanding is that the rule is mainly to prevent cities emerging from 0 to hero within days, but that wouldn't be the case here as a) the MOCs are spread all over the brick seas and b) have been there for months, just not yet licensed. However I am fine with whatever the rules are, after all it's my fault to not have them licensed earlier. :-) 

@Mesabi Thanks for reminding me of the real important things. :pir-grin:  New Years Resolutions are right around the corner... maybe I'll get back to what this game is all about... :pir_tong2:

@Mesabi Yep that's me, the "Cool Random Project-er." :grin:

Maybe my next one should be a long story... :look:

Merry Christmas and don't spike the eggnog too much. :snicker:

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Question towards leadership: Over the past year I almost never licensed any of my MOCs. May I do that now in retrospect?

In total I have licensed 1 non-challenge-prize MOC and 3 challenge-prize-MOCs for myself in 2018. Now I have a total of 10 or 11 MOCs ready to be licensed, all of which were constructed over the past year and a half.

May I license all of them in retrospect right away, or does the 3/month limit apply, so that I can only license 3/11 now, and 4-6/11 in January, 7-9 in February, and so on?

My understanding is that the rule is mainly to prevent cities emerging from 0 to hero within days, but that wouldn't be the case here as a) the MOCs are spread all over the brick seas and b) have been there for months, just not yet licensed. However I am fine with whatever the rules are, after all it's my fault to not have them licensed earlier. :-) 

You can license the builds you haven't licensed before.  The number of licenses per month rule applies except for challenge prizes.  You can license challenge prizes outside of the 3/month rule. 

12 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Yes, definitely! Microships are cool! I thought you were just asking about licensing. 

Well, that was my original intent... but now I have some more ideas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

@Mesabi: also for you the best wishes! I hope to see more crazy stories from you :D