Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Just noticed in Octobers Account Summary that Zublius Von Wreck (NPC pirate) is currently in the red. Does that have any ingame implications?

On a similar issue: what happens to players who are in the red for some time?

Well, in Eslandola, Guy's Uncle strings your sigfig up by its heels. :pir-grin:

But seriously, there is no specific penalty for a player's account going negative, but there is generally an honor system of not spending money you don't have. Does somebody want to build a MOC of a debtor's prison? :pir-oh:

NPC pirates like ZVW don't buy new ships if they don't have the funds. (And he'll be in the black again, so to speak, once the MRCA results are added to the accounts.)

8 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Does somebody want to build a MOC of a debtor's prison? :pir-oh:

I am all over this. Give me some time...

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Well, in Eslandola, Guy's Uncle strings your sigfig up by its heels. :pir-grin:

It can happen elsewhere too... :pir-look:  Where does this Zublius Von Wreck hail from about now, I wonder? :pir-grin:

Does somebody want to build a MOC of a debtor's prison? :pir-oh:

The WTC is up to the task. :pir-grin:

34 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Well, in Eslandola, Guy's Uncle strings your sigfig up by its heels.

It can happen elsewhere too... :pir-look:  Where does this Zublius Von Wreck hail from about now, I wonder? :pir-grin:

Now we know the real reason NPC pirate locations are hidden! :pir-grin:

7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Now we know the real reason NPC pirate locations are hidden! :pir-grin:

But if a pirate is in debt...  To whom is he actually in debt to?  

13 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

The leadership is presently in a cycle of discussions/revisions regarding Sea Rats and player piracy in general.  This has produced the following three rules that come into effect as of today:

Loot: Sea Rats are always managing to scrounge up valuable bits to sell for a coin or two. Upon capture, Sea Rats receive 20 DBs per cargo point of the captured ship as loot. Players from other factions do not gain any value for a capture beyond the ship itself. This replaces previous looting rules.

Upkeep: The black flag pirate crews of the Sea Rats often find provisions and supplies by... alternative means. Sea Rats pay no upkeep for black-flagged ships. 

Prize Court: All un-MOC'd ships captured by NPC Pirates and Black Flag players can now be condemned (i.e. sold) to the Prize Court for a value of 50%-75% of their regular license value.  The rules for non-black flag players selling to the prize court remains unchanged.

Note that a second set of changes are still being worked on to complete this revision cycle.

Nice work!  Congrats to the leadership on thinking this one up - I've been wishing for something like this for a long time myself but hadn't come up with a way to actually make it work :thumbup:  Also congrats @Kwatchi on the well-deserved promotion! :pir-sweet:

These sound like some reasonable changes to me, and should make life more interesting for Sea Rats. :thumbup:

I agree with you, I think these rules could really promote piracy! Now it's time to build a ship filled with big guns and tear some black sail into pieces!  :pir-grin:

A question concerning Black Flags:

Assume two fleets from the same player, both flying the Black Flag, both sailing through the same zones in a turn, both set up to attack Black Flag ships of all factions (including the own). Would these two fleets attack each other?

29 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

A question concerning Black Flags:

Assume two fleets from the same player, both flying the Black Flag, both sailing through the same zones in a turn, both set up to attack Black Flag ships of all factions (including the own). Would these two fleets attack each other?

Yes - you Black Flag (COR) ships are set to attack other Black Flag (COR) ships, an intercept will be attempted.

Just now, Bregir said:

Yes - you Black Flag (COR) ships are set to attack other Black Flag (COR) ships, an intercept will be attempted.

Interesting, and good to keep in mind. Thanks! :thumbup:

49 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Moral: dog doesn't eat dog or he might eat his own tail. :pir_tong2:

I have a question about properties, just for information as I'm not about to built such a large one :

- as the rats do no' have any "official" government (King, Queen, Grand Pensionary, etc etc) how can they have a charter to built a royal property (if they wanted one / are able to built such a big thing) ?

Edited by Professor Thaum

2 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

a charter to built a royal property

This charter is an OOC thing, so you have to inform your leadership, which then informs the court. Once it is posted, the court will, as with any other royal property, let you know if you need to make any additions or improvements to license it.

9 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

OK, just a BoBs court decision... I believed it was a "IC political" matter... thanks @Bregir for the quick answer.

To be clear. Sea Rat leadership grants you a charter (And why shouldn't they?) and informs the court. Once posted, the court checks if it lives up to the standards, and possibly asks you for some additions or adjustments.

A question to everybody:

As you may be aware, I put a recipe into each issue of the "WTC Monthly". So far they have all been contemporary, and not always chosen with the Age of Sail or BotBS in mind. Would people be interested in more historically accurate recipes? For example, I do own "Feeding Nelson's Navy" by Janet Macdonald, and could use quite a lot from it.

The question is: are people interested? So far I got little cosntructive feedback on the WTCM in general, and none at all about the recipes. So I wonder what people would like to see.

@Drunknok I love the recipes! If I weren't so lazy, I might even get round to trying one. I think either would work. I really enjoy historical recipes, mainly because they either use tons of spice to cover up the germs, or gallons of alcohol to drown them. Either way, keep up the good work! #lovefakenews

Edited by Ross Fisher

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

The question is: are people interested? So far I got little cosntructive feedback on the WTCM in general, and none at all about the recipes. So I wonder what people would like to see.

you have to know the WTCM is greatly appriciated and I always like the recipes at the end, although I am not a cook myself, I like the touch in the wtcm. Historical recipes which would sound crazy in the 21st century could maybe be a fun addition :laugh:

While i can't exactly say I enjoy the slandering of my characters, I think it would be fun with some historical recipes. :)

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

#lovefakenews

Just now, Bregir said:

i can't exactly say I enjoy the slandering of my characters

Wait, what? *oh2*

All the articles in the WTCM are carefully researched, and report the truth, the truth, and nothing but the truth. From a certain point of view...