Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

While we are on the subject... If I were to license 2 class-10 ships and sail them together, would they be undefeatable or could a class 2 blow them smithereens with the roll of the die?

Nothing is undefeatable, but the larger ships will typically win.

However in some cases extraordinary results will happen (look at the latest Ironsides vs Sea Rats encounter).

So never think yourself undefeatable... ;)

24 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Short question: I have to pay for the right to fight (and likely lose ships) for another nation - where is the profit for me? This does not add up...

Captured ships are lawful prizes. 

5 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

If I were to license 2 class-10 ships and sail them together, would they be undefeatable or could a class 2 blow them smithereens with the roll of the die?

They would not be undefeatable, but I don't see how a Class 2 would defeat them. The dice add some unpredictability, but not enough for entirely absurd results. 

Just now, Bregir said:

Nothing is undefeatable, but the larger ships will typically win.

However in some cases extraordinary results will happen (look at the latest Ironsides vs Sea Rats encounter).

So never think yourself undefeatable... ;)

Yeah, I saw the Ironsides vs Sea Rats, and just wanted to double check before spending a boatload of Dbs on the bigger ships.

Just now, Captain Genaro said:

They would not be undefeatable, but I don't see how a Class 2 would defeat them. The dice add some unpredictability, but not enough for entirely absurd results. 

Awesome.

Thank you both for the clarification!

3 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

Captured ships are lawful prizes.

True, but I can achieve that already without paying somebody else first.

Just now, Drunknok said:

True, but I can achieve that already without paying somebody else first.

Only against black flags. Anything else is piracy. 

A Letter of Marque would give the holder the right to attack any and all Sea Rat shipping without any consequences for being a pirate. If you do that without a LoM, you will be branded a pirate and anyone else can attack you without penalty, they may seize your vessels, you will have limited ports, etc. None of those issues apply here. 

LoM is ship specific correct? 

25 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

Only against black flags. Anything else is piracy. 

A Letter of Marque would give the holder the right to attack any and all Sea Rat shipping without any consequences for being a pirate. If you do that without a LoM, you will be branded a pirate and anyone else can attack you without penalty, they may seize your vessels, you will have limited ports, etc. None of those issues apply here. 

That's the first I hear of this rules

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Short question: I have to pay for the right to fight (and likely lose ships) for another nation .

Prio/Romantica (could we pick one of these btw and stick to it? Real confusing at times) is hardly flush in coin like other nations, or even players, and down to three active ships.  Something of a failed nation state.

OOC: Honestly, I think that @Captain Genaro & council have played this hand wrong but that is my opinion.  It was a great story-line the SR created for themselves that is kind of mucked up now by inviting everyone else into a free-for-all.  My 2 dbs.

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

Only against black flags.

Or NPC pirates. Which is exactly the point. I could attack certain ships now already, opening  "second front" with the SR has no added benefits for me - only higher risks. And all for a buy-in of 100DB. Thanks, but no thanks.

16 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Prio/Romantica is hardly flush in coin like other nations, or even players, and down to three active ships.  Something of a failed nation state.

Sounds about right - now I was never in favour of helping those losers :laugh:

Wait, are they really that bad off? :look: Maybe Eslandola should get in on this and just swallow them :grin: :pir_tong2: (Or is it someone else's turn? :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:)

To be fair: unless the GMs decide to handwave a huge war fleet of Prio into existence (on top of some defensive structures for Alexport), Prio has as much chances as a snowball in hell of surviving this.

I reamain curious though. [IC] And the WTCM is eagerly taking notes... :devil: [/IC]

4 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Maybe Eslandola should get in on this and just swallow them :grin: :pir_tong2: (Or is it someone else's turn? :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:)

Wait a minute, as the true defender of Mardier's interests and legal heir of Mardier's possessions:tongue:, Prio should fall into Oleon hands, since Mardier is momentarily uncapacitated.:pir-devil:

Ah, the Glory of self rule! Isla de Victoria has learned the rightness of it, being a part of a nation ruled by the consent of the governed.

7 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Prio/Romantica (could we pick one of these btw and stick to it? Real confusing at times) is hardly flush in coin like other nations, or even players, and down to three active ships.  Something of a failed nation state.

OOC: Honestly, I think that @Captain Genaro & council have played this hand wrong but that is my opinion.  It was a great story-line the SR created for themselves that is kind of mucked up now by inviting everyone else into a free-for-all.  My 2 dbs.

Wait prio and romantica are the same? @Phred then Alexport is listed twice in the account sheet :0

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

To be fair: unless the GMs decide to handwave a huge war fleet of Prio into existence (on top of some defensive structures for Alexport), Prio has as much chances as a snowball in hell of surviving this.

I reamain curious though. [IC] And the WTCM is eagerly taking notes... :devil: [/IC]

That should be a bit weird as prio/Alexport doesn't have the coin to pay for that. 

And hold your boats going after this LoM. The searats are discussing a respons.

Edited by Bart

15 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Does this mean that a fleet can simply pay the cost of a licensed build to Trador without actually building anything? Or is an actual build required? Because Trador will quickly become a ghost town if the latter.

They actually have to build something. But maybe I should make it:

• 1-3 vessels (same flagship): 1 small property
  • 4-6 vessels (same flagship): 1 medium property or 2 small
  • 7+ vessels (same flagship): 1 large property or equivalent.

Hahaha it would be a ghost town then without ghost ships as those ghost ships are not able to build :p In all seriousness, I think/hope this is a nice initiative to reward those visiting a mayor trade port. The lesser people in the harbour (because of the extra work), the more interesting for those who do visit it (and make the building effort). On top, you have your extra monthly income due a property or the one-time reward when letting Trador licence your build.

And the more properties, the more interesting for you when visiting Trador again in the future :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Bart said:

@Maxim I in Trador does one ship count as a fleet? 

Yes :tongue: Blame it on the strange Trador bureaucracy :grin:

8 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Sounds about right - now I was never in favour of helping those losers :laugh:

Wait, are they really that bad off? :look: Maybe Eslandola should get in on this and just swallow them :grin: :pir_tong2: (Or is it someone else's turn? :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:)

Hmmm MAESTRO is an all time ally of Prio. We sent troops in their independence war and they have an embassy in Trador...

What is the procedure if I want to change stats on an already licensed ship?

26 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

What is the procedure if I want to change stats on an already licensed ship?

I thought you should MOC the changes. But I don't know how to do the paperwork...

13 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I thought you should MOC the changes. But I don't know how to do the paperwork...

It is about a bought license for a currently unmocced ship.

Maybe @Legostone knows about the paperwork aspect?

8 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Hmmm MAESTRO is an all time ally of Prio. We sent troops in their independence war and they have an embassy in Trador...

Hmm - what is the procedure if I want to change your mind about a (totally worthless, :grin:) ally? :tongue:

11 hours ago, Bodi said:

Wait a minute, as the true defender of Mardier's interests and legal heir of Mardier's possessions:tongue:, Prio should fall into Oleon hands, since Mardier is momentarily uncapacitated.:pir-devil:

Honestly, I think that'd be a fabulous idea!  Such a classic move for an imperial power to slip in while nobody else is looking! :grin: :moar: And this is a great opportunity, as nobody really cares about Prio (except for Maxim :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:) - anyways, I will most happily sit by the sidelines and let y'all take over if you want - I take credit for the idea, though :pir_tong2:

Come on - it'll be a service to the Brick Seas to prevent it from falling to the Sea Rats' hands! :pir-laugh:

8 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Honestly, I think that'd be a fabulous idea!  Such a classic move for an imperial power to slip in while nobody else is looking! :grin: :moar: And this is a great opportunity, as nobody really cares about Prio (except for Maxim :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:) - anyways, I will most happily sit by the sidelines and let y'all take over if you want - I take credit for the idea, though :pir_tong2:

Really? Can I do that?:excited: Express Rampant Imperialism is ready to go, everyone aboard, this is the last wahhrrrrrning.:pir_tong2:

7 hours ago, Bodi said:

Really? Can I do that?:excited: Express Rampant Imperialism is ready to go, everyone aboard, this is the last wahhrrrrrning.:pir_tong2:

I wouldn't be too sure everyone will just sit idle by while you expand your borders illegitimately... Just saying :p

MAESTRO Declaration of Protection towards the nation of Romantica.

Since the very beginning of the Prio rebellion, the Mpya Stedor All-Encompassing Science Trade & Resources Organisation (MAESTRO) has been a partner of Romantica. Soldiers of MAESTRO fought back to back with the Prio soldiers, forging a strong future between MAESTRO and Romantica.

The bond between the two entities translated in a MAESTRO residence/embassy in Alexport and a Prio residence/embassy in Trador. Trade has flourished between the two.

Due the recent events around Prio, MAESTRO will once more fullfill its duties as loyal partner and send resources towards Prio.

Given the weak position of our partner, we would also like to inform that we hereby declare us being the protectors of Prio. Any imperial power preying on Prio or one of its subjects, will have to deal with MAESTRO as well.

As first step, Prio will receive a loan of 8000 db's with no determined payback date. This is to be used to rebuild a fleet and defensive structures.

Long live Romantica, long live MAESTRO!

July 11, 618 AE

General Samu 'Whitedragon'
Head of MAESTRO Military Operations & Defensive Structures (MAESTRO-MODS)

Edited by Maxim I

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

I wouldn't be too sure everyone will just sit idle by while you expand your borders illegitimately... Just saying :p

Thank you for reminding me, but it would be a shame to let such an opportunity slip.:pir_tong2:

2 hours ago, Maxim I said:

we would also like to inform that we hereby declare us being the protectors of Prio. Any imperial power preying on Prio or one of its subjects, will have to deal with MAESTRO as well.

Interesting, a self-proclaimed protector.:hmpf_bad: By imperial power, I assume you meant the glorious empire of Oleon:wink:.

Let's solve this peacefully, will you, here is my proposal, we recognize Prio as a protectorate of Maestro, or should I say of Eslandola. In return, you let us establish a concession in Prio, preferably a harbour city, to make trade etc. This sounds very reasonable, nee?:pir-devil:

I think Prio would like to have a say before anyone starts settling their lands, really ;)

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Thank you for reminding me, but it would be a shame to let such an opportunity slip.:pir_tong2:

Interesting, a self-proclaimed protector.:hmpf_bad: By imperial power, I assume you meant the glorious empire of Oleon:wink:.

Let's solve this peacefully, will you, here is my proposal, we recognize Prio as a protectorate of Maestro, or should I say of Eslandola. In return, you let us establish a concession in Prio, preferably a harbour city, to make trade etc. This sounds very reasonable, nee?:pir-devil:

MAESTRO is not speaking for Eslandola. They aren't claiming territory either. Merely protecting an old ally...

Included in the transferred 8000 DBs are the fees for the letter of Marques for the following vessels:

Tritao, class 7 (Legostone)
Cardinal's Shadow, class 6 (Legostone)
Cardinal II, class 6 (MAESTRO)
Peregrine, class 4 (Fuerte Unido)
AQAR, class 7 (Maxim I)
Beluga, class 5 (Maxim I)
La Mystique, class 3 (Maxim I)