Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

16 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

So, I've got a quick question for you about MRCA profits. Last month I made 1204 in profits, so does that mean I should get 1204 Dbs? Or is there a different multiplier for that?

Thanks a lot!

Your MRCA income will be 1204 DB unless your faction has raised taxes. However, if your ships base upkeep is above a certain tier, you’ll also be charged upkeep. 

14 minutes ago, Legostone said:

Your MRCA income will be 1204 DB unless your faction has raised taxes. However, if your ships base upkeep is above a certain tier, you’ll also be charged upkeep. 

Sweet! When does the amount usually get added in the account spreadsheets?

Thanks a lot!

38 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

So, I've got a quick question for you about MRCA profits. Last month I made 1204 in profits, so does that mean I should get 1204 Dbs? Or is there a different multiplier for that?

Thanks a lot!

That is generally what it means, yes, but you will also see upkeep deducted from your account. :)

Couple of questions:

a) Would it be acceptable to license this build as a plantation or similar license?

b) Can someone give me the size range that is considered acceptable for a Class 2 ship license?

9 minutes ago, Bregir said:

A) I seem to remember that a small plantation requires a larger footprint than other small properties. So the subject matter is fine, but the stud footprint may be too low.

Small plantations have a suggested size of 32x32 studs. The build of @kaiju has maximum dimensions of 32 studs in both dimensions - in summary being just a bit smaller than a rectangular small plantation due to the irregular base. I doubt anybody would really complain.

I've got a few questions regarding class 0 and class 1 boats.

1. For the MRCA if I sail them out a class 0 boat 1 zone and then bring them back to the port of origin, that would essentially be like a fishing trip right? and I would get a profit from them?

2. They are cheap to license, and I assume that I couldn't just license a thousand rowboats, but would each one have to be completely different from each other?

3. Would it even be worth it to sail a fleet of class 0s or class 1s to get MRCA profit?

Just something I was thinking about recently, thanks for any input!

54 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

1. For the MRCA if I sail them out a class 0 boat 1 zone and then bring them back to the port of origin, that would essentially be like a fishing trip right? and I would get a profit from them?

56 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

3. Would it even be worth it to sail a fleet of class 0s or class 1s to get MRCA profit?

You could earn some revenue, but I cannot say if it would be profitable. That would depend on upkeep costs as well as the value of the port you would be sailing to and from. 

55 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

2. They are cheap to license, and I assume that I couldn't just license a thousand rowboats, but would each one have to be completely different from each other?

Each vessel is expected to be unique. It is not uncommon for vessels to look similar, but it is expected that they be new builds.

10 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

Each vessel is expected to be unique. It is not uncommon for vessels to look similar, but it is expected that they be new builds.

The "signature vessel" for class 0 is a prefab canoe. So anything similar to that is - officially - just fine. Prefab canoes, prefab rowboats, et cetera.

As much as I agree with your point in regards to ships from class 1 and upwards, there is no basis to demand class 0 ships to be "unique". In fact, I will be licensing a couple of those soon, and their builds are... similar, to say the least.

33 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

The "signature vessel" for class 0 is a prefab canoe. So anything similar to that is - officially - just fine. Prefab canoes, prefab rowboats, et cetera.

Do not simply license a prefab canoe or rowboat as your build. Prefabs can be used as the basis for a build, just as prefab hulls are acceptable for larger ships, but they should not consist of the entirety of the build. The Class 0 example is part of a larger MOC, and that is why it is acceptable. Had the boat been alone without the surrounding display, it would not be acceptable for a license.

55 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

As much as I agree with your point in regards to ships from class 1 and upwards, there is no basis to demand class 0 ships to be "unique". In fact, I will be licensing a couple of those soon, and their builds are... similar, to say the least.

When I say unique, I mean that they must be different vessels. It is okay for the vessels to have similar looks, colors, features, and characteristics, but reusing builds with minor changes, especially in LDD, is not allowed. A good example of this is Phred's Class 0 fleet. Each boat looks very similar, in some cases almost identical, but they are all separate vessels. 

I doubt we will run into serious problems. I have ten unique class 0 ships - meaning that there are ten individual builds, each one different from the next. This is no LDD C&P shenanigans. There will also be a larger build going alongside all of them. Of course I will use this to license the build as a large land property, as well as each of the ten class 0 ships.

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I doubt we will run into serious problems. I have ten unique class 0 ships - meaning that there are ten individual builds, each one different from the next. This is no LDD C&P shenanigans. There will also be a larger build going alongside all of them. Of course I will use this to license the build as a large land property, as well as each of the ten class 0 ships.

Just make sure then that the boats are not part of the footprint requirement :) I mean: if you fill a large plate with ten small boats you got a large property OR 10 small boats. Only if you can proof that the build itself is sufficent enough for a large property without the small boats, you will be allowed to licence those

I guess you are thinking about some fishy plantation build?

7 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Just make sure then that the boats are not part of the footprint requirement :) I mean: if you fill a large plate with ten small boats you got a large property OR 10 small boats. Only if you can proof that the build itself is sufficent enough for a large property without the small boats, you will be allowed to licence those

I had not thought about this, but you are of course right. It will not be an issue with what I have in mind.

7 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I guess you are thinking about some fishy plantation build?

No. Another wharf build. I would never license fishing boats! :laugh:

I was thinking of doing something similar. I have a 'ship in dock' build, and would like to license both. For the commerce property license I think I should only claim the size of the dock area. That seems the most appropriate course.

I was doing some digging, and found a bunch of pictures of Quinnsville on @Tomsche MOCpages account. I also updated the new settlement thread with all the licensed mocs I could find!

While I was looking I also noticed that their was a prospecting build done for Quinnsville, but I can't find anything on what kind of mineral was found or even whether or not a mine was set up.

If someone could look into that when they get a chance, I'd would appreciate it! Thanks!

Dear all,

Leadership is happy to announce that we are now introducing BoBS cards for vessels. As rules are developed, we may introduce cards for armies, properties, settlements, or characters, but for now, please find the rules here:

Introducing BoBS Cards!

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

While I was looking I also noticed that their was a prospecting build done for Quinnsville, but I can't find anything on what kind of mineral was found or even whether or not a mine was set up.

If someone could look into that when they get a chance, I'd would appreciate it! Thanks!

This is the only prospecting build in Quinnsville, and there is no mine licensed for it. I'll look into getting the results shortly.

6 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

This is the only prospecting build in Quinnsville, and there is no mine licensed for it. I'll look into getting the results shortly.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

@LM71Blackbird Clerks in the Colonial Ministry recently found what appears to be some lost prospecting samples from Quinnsville dated from May 616! An investigation shall of course be conducted into why the samples have remained unprocessed for so long, but for now it can be announced that the citizens of Quinnsville have discovered Saltpeter.

45 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

@LM71Blackbird Clerks in the Colonial Ministry recently found what appears to be some lost prospecting samples from Quinnsville dated from May 616! An investigation shall of course be conducted into why the samples have remained unprocessed for so long, but for now it can be announced that the citizens of Quinnsville have discovered Saltpeter.

Wonderful! While precious metals certainly would have caused a jubilant celebration throughout the settlement, potassium nitrate (saltpeter) is a vital component to a certain dark colored powder that goes boom! 

Thanks for getting the results! I have some new story ideas now! 

@LM71Blackbird

To the honourable citizens of Quinnsville, and to whom it may concern in its administration,

word has reached us that a sizable deposit of saltpeter has been found near your fine settlement quite some time ago. The WTC wishes to offer its help and expertise in mining and processing this tricky mineral. Funds shall not be an issue.

Kadeus Mordo of the WTC

Mesabi Landing, 30th day of the fifth month, 618

@Drunknok

Kadeus Mordo,

The citizens of Quinnsville would be most grateful for the expertise of the WTC in helping us mine and process this mineral. As the citizens are more adapt at shipbuilding and farming, your help and time will be most valuable to us.

In service to her Majesty,

Richard Brickford,

Royal Surveyor of Quinnsville

(OOC) I know you live in Germany, but for a minute I was wondering why you said the 30th of may! It's only 8pm on the 29th here on the east coast of the US. :iamded_lol:

2 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

(OOC) I know you live in Germany, but for a minute I was wondering why you said the 30th of may! It's only 8pm on the 29th here on the east coast of the US. :iamded_lol:

I am from the future. :classic: