Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

1 hour ago, Kwatchi said:

You can reach the FTA’s page by clicking the banner in my signature (I think it works anyway).

Could you post the link please? I've deactivated signatures...

As far as I understood a plantation isn't tight to a settlement, but to the island, correct? 
It doesn't influance the city/town/largetown statuses

Drawing upon that, can one build a plantation on an island that has no settlement? 

6 hours ago, Bart said:

As far as I understood a plantation isn't tight to a settlement, but to the island, correct? 
It doesn't influance the city/town/largetown statuses

Incorrect. Plantations are considered to be in "the hinterlands" of a given settlement (essentially, near or in the area of). In the original rules they did not count toward a settlement's status until the settlement reached a certain size, but at some point we discarded that rule. While "plantation" is not one of the categories a settlement needs to advance, a plantation does count toward the total number of builds the settlement needs.

So, if you were to build a plantation on an island without a settlement, you would in effect be starting a new settlement and would presumably need a charter from your faction, etc.

Thanks for the clarification Capt Wolf,

As a Sea-Rat I believe I do not require a charter, as we have no ruling body to give such a charter. 

So any building can start a settlement (besides the charter)

Bart

8 minutes ago, Bart said:

So any building can start a settlement (besides the charter)

Yes, I think so.

Are you looking at building on an island already recognized as belonging to the Sea Rats? If not, it would be considered a squatter settlement and could presumably be appropriated by another faction at some point.

I had a Sea-Rat island in mind, but it's still a bit speculative.

I know about the squatter's having a change to be absorbed by another faction, but did that ever happen?

Bart

33 minutes ago, Bart said:

...I know about the squatter's having a change to be absorbed by another faction, but did that ever happen?...

Not so far but that uncertain status isn't exactly a settler/builder-magnet :wink:

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Not so far but that uncertain status isn't exactly a settler/builder-magnet :wink:

Well, technically there is Nova Malto, which is now owned by Eslandola...

So I have a question for leadership ... I built a class 5/6 vessel but never finished the rigging and sails .... Now due to unforseen circumstances in my personal life the ships progress is hindered indefinately ... I've maintained a build log of the ship with intent to licence once finished.  Am I able to licence this vessel with its current build progress? As it may be over a year before I can get it back in shape (it and all of my BoBs builds are half busted up into one big tote) (Don't get married/divorced)

The last photos don't do it justice and I had added a few things after these were taken but never photographed

IMG_20171223_030932IMG_20171223_030834

It's hard for me to tell its full condition from the photos, but it looks like it's just missing sails and rigging; is that correct? If so, and it has all its masts and spars, I'd be ok with you licensing it, although I'd also like to hear from others in leadership on this. @Legostone? @Bregir?

On 4/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, Capt Wolf said:

It's hard for me to tell its full condition from the photos, but it looks like it's just missing sails and rigging; is that correct? If so, and it has all its masts and spars, I'd be ok with you licensing it, although I'd also like to hear from others in leadership on this. @Legostone? @Bregir?

That is correct all yards and spars were hung from full masts ... The guns were all fitted ... Minifigs posed lol the only sail fitted was a temp out on the bow spirit.  I actually have a picture of shrounds on her (can upload if needed)but i pulled them off after two days to rig it with dead eyes. And never git any further then getting the dead eyes threaded on the ship 

Edit: this was before the deadeyes

IMG_20171205_080204

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

It would not be the first one published with these conditions, so I don’t see a problem with it (as member of the Naval Licencing Court). I’ll wait for the others to jump in, but I don’t see a problem here :p

@TitusV

I hope you are the right person to ask here. I noticed that in the Settlement Index the link for Quinnsville still leads to the old thread, instead of the new one.

In short: please replace the link with the new Quinnsville settlement thread:

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Developments in Quinnsville!

For those of you who may have noticed, I am working on restoring the forgotten settlement of Quinnsville back to it's former glory before @Tomsche left Bobs. I've created a new settlement thread which you may have already seen by now. So, what I would like to do is invite you to come build in Quinnsville! The settlement is in need of some new buildings such as residences, factories, artisans, etc. I can't offer any rewards for doing so like my friend @Drunknok can, but I would certainly appreciate the support! If you can spare some time and a license or 2, I would be most grateful! Also, if you want to collab, just let me know! 

Thanks all and brick on!

Question regarding licenses: does a free license won as a price count against my "monthly three licenses"?

34 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Question regarding licenses: does a free license won as a price count against my "monthly three licenses"?

I'd say yes, but I will bring the question to court.

This year in November, Brick Mania Antwerp will take place again. Next to a wonderfull exposition with more than 8000 visitors (the past editions), is is an unofficial gathering of European EB-Pirate lovers :D

Two years ago we did an enormous lay-out (84m²) and as we have a bigger exposition hall this year, we are going to try to beat that :sweet:

If you want to be part of this amazing convention, let me know here or in PM!

Transport has to be arranged by yourself, but some of us can help you with a sleeping place.

Date: November 24 & 25th.

Setting up: November 23th (& November 24th before 10h).

Cool EB-members attending:

@Maxim I, @Legostone, @Captain Green Hair, @Sebeus I, @kabel, @TitusV (and hopefully @Captain Braunsfeld, @Bonaparte, @Ecclesiastes and many more)

32 minutes ago, kabel said:

A new hall? Not Waagnatie any more?

Nope :D bigger and better and outside the low-emission zone in Antwerp :laugh:

On 26.4.2018 at 11:36 AM, Maxim I said:

Nope :D bigger and better and outside the low-emission zone in Antwerp :laugh:

That makes me curious!

So we'll have more space and I can come with a lorry? :pir-laugh: