Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

33 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Like this?

:pir-laugh:

Ok, time to fess up. What's he smuggling under that hoop skirt? :grin:

That expression is perfect... :laugh:

Some pirates like fancy clothing... he must've got it from a victim, or captured a ship loaded with pretty dresses. Or maybe the owner done stoled his outfit while he was drunk, and left her dress for him... So many possibilities!

Out of curiosity: are people holding back their Orchid Challenge entries? There are only five days more to go, and while there are quite a few Cat.A entries, Cat.B has only two contenders so far, and there has yet to be posted a Cat.C entry.

Huge influx of entries incoming on the coming weekend, or genuine lack of interest?

I have some quite large entries for a and c that I need to photograph and at least one cat b :)

I've got an A in the works and hope to squeeze out a C at the least, maybe a B too!

Start of the year always involves more burdens for me. I have a category A that I hope to finish saturday, and then try to see if I can get together a B or C entry. Hopefully both.

I am going for a CAT A as well. But the chances to squeeze a B and/or C will be small

I have a bad cat a and want to do a cat c but I think it will end up as b in the end as there are no ruins.

Then I might do an LDD build for C. If I have time. If no-one else puts an entry in I might get third?

8 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Ok, got another quick question. What is the MRCA? I've seen it a lot the past couple days, but I have no clue what it is. :sad: Thanks!

The MRCA is the ingame actions we do with our ships. It typically runs every month or so, depending on the speed of which the last one is rolled by the game masters (BTW, the AMRCA results are slowly coming along. Sorry all for the delay).

So when you have your first ship, Corrington will help you with some good advice, but for the trade MRCA, what you do is basically moving between two ports in range of your ship and trading or patrolling. :)

You can read the results of the last one in the Kings Port Advertiser published recently. (Topic somewhere below.)

Edit : Here it is

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/158360-kings-port-advertiser-and-ship-list-vol-3-issue-1-january-618/

6 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Ok, got another quick question. What is the MRCA? I've seen it a lot the past couple days, but I have no clue what it is. :sad: Thanks!

The MRCA is the Monthly Raiding and Commerce Action. The pinned topic from January is here, with links to the main rules (for both Trade and Adventure) within. In the Trade MRCA, players send their ships on trade runs or patrol to attack other ships, and earn DBs or capture (or lose!) ships, and the results are posted in the Kings Port Advertiser. In the Adventure MRCA, you build MOCs and progress through a story of your and a reviewer's making. Both types of MRCA run simultaneously, ideally once a month. I work more closely with the Trade MRCA, so can answer questions about it better. Others (Bregir, Legostone) work more closely with the Adventure MRCA.

5 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The MRCA is the ingame actions we do with our ships. It typically runs every month or so, depending on the speed of which the last one is rolled by the game masters (BTW, the AMRCA results are slowly coming along. Sorry all for the delay).

So when you have your first ship, Corrington will help you with some good advice, but for the trade MRCA, what you do is basically moving between two ports in range of your ship and trading or patrolling. :)

You can read the results of the last one in the Kings Port Advertiser published recently. (Topic somewhere below.)

Edit : Here it is

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/158360-kings-port-advertiser-and-ship-list-vol-3-issue-1-january-618/

Ok, I'll check it out! Thanks for the reply!

3 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

The MRCA is the Monthly Raiding and Commerce Action. The pinned topic from January is here, with links to the main rules (for both Trade and Adventure) within. In the Trade MRCA, players send their ships on trade runs or patrol to attack other ships, and earn DBs or capture (or lose!) ships, and the results are posted in the Kings Port Advertiser. In the Adventure MRCA, you build MOCs and progress through a story of your and a reviewer's making. Both types of MRCA run simultaneously, ideally once a month. I work more closely with the Trade MRCA, so can answer questions about it better. Others (Bregir, Legostone) work more closely with the Adventure MRCA.

Cool. Sounds fun! I'll probably participate in February's MRCA after I establish myself a bit more. Thanks for the reply!

I have a build for Cat A, but unfortunately I have had an acute lack of ideas for the other B and C, the nature theme wasn't exactly right up my alley :sceptic:. We'll see if I come up with something, but I'm going away next week so it's unlikely.

2 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

I have a build for Cat A, but unfortunately I have had an acute lack of ideas for the other B and C, the nature theme wasn't exactly right up my alley :sceptic:. We'll see if I come up with something, but I'm going away next week so it's unlikely.

Just paticipate in Cat.A of the challenge. It is not mandatory to participate in all categories:

The exploration challenge will consist of three sub-categories. Participants may choose to enter any number of sub-categories, however all participates must submit an entry to Category A in order to progress to the other two categories. 

15 hours ago, Flavius Gratian said:

Is a lack of parts holding you back? Because I wonder how much "inspiration" is really needed. To put it bluntly: just build something with a real world counterpiece, and maybe add something weird or special. Flower, insect, fish, bird, snake, ape... just a few things that are found in a jungle, each coming in a myriad different forms. Pick one, done. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Is a lack of parts holding you back? Because I wonder how much "inspiration" is really needed. To put it bluntly: just build something with a real world counterpiece, and maybe add something weird or special. Flower, insect, fish, bird, snake, ape... just a few things that are found in a jungle, each coming in a myriad different forms. Pick one, done. :thumbup:

I think what hes saying is hes a stay inside and play with legos kinda person not a go outside and look at flowers lmao 

Question: what do general stores fall under? Commercial or artisans? I've seen them as both but I need an artisan for a settlement 

Just now, Mesabi said:

Question: what do general stores fall under? Commercial or artisans? I've seen them as both but I need an artisan for a settlement 

I think a general store is quite clearly a commercial property. A tavern could be both though...

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

If it is only selling things made by others, I would count it as a commerce property. If it is a "Mom'n'Pop" store with some selfmade bread, cakes and lemonade, which also sells egg and bacon from the chickens and pigs living right behind the house, it could also be an artisan. In my opinion there needs to be something handmade or manufactured for an artisan property - it comes down to what your build actually shows.

Another question about licensing: where do fishermen belong to in terms of categories? I can see a (weak) argument for "commerce" (technically there are "money and goods exchanged"), and equally good ones, at least in my opinion, for both "plantation" (interpreted as an aquaculture) and artisan (in a broader sense, fishing as a craftsmanship).

How was this handled in the past, and what are peoples opinions on the matter?