Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Dear all,

I have updated the By land topic to mention that governmental buildings that do not clearly fit in a different category belongs in the Art and Culture category.

/B

@Bregir: Thanks a lot, that will help to avoid confusion in the future! :thumbup:

Two questions concerning mines:

1. Is a prospect build necessary for every mine? Or does each prospect build allow an unlimited number of mines of the given type?
  2. Does a prospect build of player A allow player B to set up a mine of the given type? As an example: I have discovered coal on Argentia, and wonder if Mesabi can set up a coal mine.

As usual: thanks in advance!

Just now, Drunknok said:

Two questions concerning mines:

1. Is a prospect build necessary for every mine? Or does each prospect build allow an unlimited number of mines of the given type?
  2. Does a prospect build of player A allow player B to set up a mine of the given type? As an example: I have discovered coal on Argentia, and wonder if Mesabi can set up a coal mine.

As usual: thanks in advance!

1. Until now, one prospect has led to one mine. I think we will stick to that, but we will let you know if we decide otherwise.
  2. Yes, you can cooperate like that. The prospecting build is to be considered a mining permit for the given material, and can be traded.

Let me know if this isn't clear. :pir-blush:

1 minute ago, Bregir said:
  1. Until now, one prospect has led to one mine. I think we will stick to that, but we will let you know if we decide otherwise.
  2. Yes, you can cooperate like that. The prospecting build is to be considered a mining permit for the given material, and can be traded.

Let me know if this isn't clear. :pir-blush:

Nope, crystalclear, thank you. We'll do it like that. :thumbup:

Dear all,

I am looking for a few good men to help with the adventure MRCA write-up for this month.

Last month, Professor Thaum and Mesabi lent a hand (thank you!), but I would like to cycle through more people to a) get new inspiration, b) spread the workload, and c) ensure more people knows how to run the AMRCA.

You will be working with one or more people from the brethren court (probably me, LS and KB), who will lead the process and make sure everything follows the spirit and rules of the aMRCA.

Please send me a pm if you are interested this month or following months. It is actually quite fun! ;)

Cheers

Bregir

May I ask if there are any people with arachnophobia around here? In that case I would have to spoiler one of my Orchid Challenge entries.

Is there a general consensus on the timeframe for voting on minichallenges? I had two weeks in mind, but maybe that is too short? How have others handled this in the past?

On 12/01/2018 at 9:05 PM, Drunknok said:

May I ask if there are any people with arachnophobia around here? In that case I would have to spoiler one of my Orchid Challenge entries.

Not I, but now I have very high expectations for some life-like brick built arachnids! :pir-grin:

1 minute ago, Drunknok said:

Is there a general consensus on the timeframe for voting on minichallenges? I had two weeks in mind, but maybe that is too short? How have others handled this in the past?

Two weeks sounds like a reasonable timeframe to me. I think it has been similar in the past, if perhaps a little shorter?

Hi, I'm really interested in joining, just had one question... I usually only build in the Lego Digital Designer because of my limited brick collection [I also have a fair amount of off brand mixed as well :( ], are only digital builds allowed? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Hi, I'm really interested in joining, just had one question... I usually only build in the Lego Digital Designer because of my limited brick collection [I also have a fair amount of off brand mixed as well :( ], are only digital builds allowed? Thanks!

In general this should not be an issue. In some challenges LDD builds might not be allowed, but challenges are not mandatory.

41 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

In general this should not be an issue. In some challenges LDD builds might not be allowed, but challenges are not mandatory.

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply! One more thing, how to I add insert pictures from Flickr?

Edit: never mind, I found what I was looking for! Thanks again though!

Edited by LM71Blackbird
Figured out question

51 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

So far LDD builds were allowed in every challenge, but they were exempt from winning physical prices (someone correct me if I'm wrong). @LM71Blackbird Looking forward to your stuff, what you have on flickr looks interesting! Pick the right faction ;)

46 minutes ago, Legostone said:

So far LDD builds were allowed in every challenge, but they were exempt from winning physical prices (someone correct me if I'm wrong). @LM71Blackbird Looking forward to your stuff, what you have on flickr looks interesting! Pick the right faction ;)

Thank you! I got tons of ideas, so I'm sure I won't disappoint! I'm thinking about joining Corrington, but I'm going to give all the factions another look before I officially join!  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Thank you! I got tons of ideas, so I'm sure I won't disappoint! I'm thinking about joining Corrington, but I'm going to give all the factions another look before I officially join!  Thanks again!

Join the rats !

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Do it! We're the best faction! :grin:

2 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Join the rats !

:pir_tong2:

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

If you have any questions, just send me a PM. We are a friendly bunch, but if you want to go for a more "piraty" approach, there is also the WTC - we have blackjack and hookers!

3 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I am sure all the factions will be happy to welcome you, sir. For faction choice and your first few steps in BoBs, this guide may be helpful :

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/147995-a-quick-start-guide-to-brethren-of-the-brick-seas-bobs/

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

@LM71Blackbird Welcome, and I hope you find the right faction for you. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you! You've all been most helpful so far!

41 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I am sure all the factions will be happy to welcome you, sir. For faction choice and your first few steps in BoBs, this guide may be helpful :

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/147995-a-quick-start-guide-to-brethren-of-the-brick-seas-bobs/

Thank you! I will definitely read through it all!

It has been asked for for a while since we started allowing stuff to happen in the Old World -- here is the rest of the known world pre-exploration. 

39755399861_171f2ff54d_c.jpgSouthern Halos by skaforhire, on Flickr

Have at it peoples. 

7 hours ago, Drunknok said:

If you have any questions, just send me a PM. We are a friendly bunch, but if you want to go for a more "piraty" approach, there is also the WTC - we have blackjack and hookers!

Cards and fishing poles??? Hahahaha

17 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Don't let those Corries smooth talk you... Eslandola is the faction to join, whether you want drama, war, adventure, trade, debate, progress, or complicated constitutions! :pir-laugh:

@SkaForHire - map looks great, lots to explore! :pir-classic:

8 hours ago, SkaForHire said:

It has been asked for for a while since we started allowing stuff to happen in the Old World -- here is the rest of the known world pre-exploration. 

39755399861_171f2ff54d_c.jpgSouthern Halos by skaforhire, on Flickr

Have at it peoples. 

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

@Mesabi: Now plunder away explore for the Crown!

Edited by Drunknok

Ok, so I'm working on my Character and backstory, I just had a couple of more questions. (1) How much leniency do I have towards uniform design and colors? (2) Can I start out with a custom ship MOC, and if so is there a size limit (I assume I can't start out with a fleet of 80-gun, ships of the line?)? (3) Can I create and command my own private military force/companies whenever or do I need permission (I assume proper character progression is needed as well?)? (4, last one) What does WTC and OOC stand for? Thank you in advance! Brick on!