Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Just now, Drunknok said:

Excellent, thanks.

What is the difference between a trade company and an officially chartered trade company, and how do you get to "second level"? The EGS rules seem to only mention the first one.

Anyone can create a company IC, but to get the EGS advantages(owning and operating ships, own licensing limit), it has to be chartered by the faction. And each faction can only charter three, so the factions will probably set up some conditions before giving out a charter. (Eg. well established in the lore, minimum amount of members, and proof of loyalty). On top of that, to be chartered, the TC needs to have a Headquarter, a warehouse and a ship.

Just now, Bregir said:

Anyone can create a company IC, but to get the EGS advantages(owning and operating ships, own licensing limit), it has to be chartered by the faction. And each faction can only charter three, so the factions will probably set up some conditions before giving out a charter. (Eg. well established in the lore, minimum amount of members, and proof of loyalty). On top of that, to be chartered, the TC needs to have a Headquarter, a warehouse and a ship.

Just now, SilentWolf said:

It must be granted a charter by the Faction, and must consist of several players, a headquarters, and warehouses. 

Understood. Tanks for the quick responses!

Now the question is: do I support @Mesabi and the WTC, or @SilentWolf and the WETEC? Suggestions and/or bribes via PM or in the Corrington PM thread please! :pir-grin:

38 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Now the question is: do I support the WTC, or the WETEC? Suggestions and/or bribes via PM

You really missed your calling. You'd have looked good in ESL green... :pir-grin:

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

You really missed your calling. You'd have looked good in ESL green... :pir-grin:

And we have bigger bribes :pir-laugh:

I started out active in bobs Era 1 with (i blieve 2) buildings that could make dubloons, but as far as i know i never spend them, did they accumulate all those time? and did they transvere to era 2? where do I find out?

@Bart Check the monthly account sheet - here's the link to the most recent one! Yes, all your licensed properties accumulate DB for you, even if you're not active. Seems you're making 12DB each month :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Bart said:

I started out active in bobs Era 1 with (i blieve 2) buildings that could make dubloons, but as far as i know i never spend them, did they accumulate all those time? and did they transvere to era 2? where do I find out?

Welcome back Bart

@Kolonialbeamter thanks, that is cool. Haven't spend a single coin the whole era still one of the poorest players :P you'd think having the only pleasure house in Bastion would have given you a bigger income, but maybe it doesn't have enough employees ;) 

But Rodsh is still in some foggy waters exploring the world far beyond the bobs maps, so it may be months before he (or his associates) begin a new place. 

Just now, Kwatchi said:

Welcome back Bart

I wish, I was planning to dust of the bricks, but Tuesday I got a call I've to sail Friday. So I'll be at sea (the real wet one) for the next 3 months. 

1 minute ago, Bart said:

So I'll be at sea (the real wet one) for the next 3 months.

Do some pirating! :laugh:

Godspeed, and may Poseidon (the real one :grin:) bless your journey!

3 hours ago, Bart said:

I wish, I was planning to dust of the bricks, but Tuesday I got a call I've to sail Friday. So I'll be at sea (the real wet one) for the next 3 months. 

Best of luck! Pop in when you get back and I am sure  we can help you out if need be.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:53 PM, SilentWolf said:

When a ship is bought back from a pirate or won in an auction, where does that ship start for the MRCA? 

I guess it depends on where it was captured but it would be easier for the system to start from its previous destination point I guess.

What is the consensus on licensing "temporary scenes" - things like a circus visiting a town, a parade, a market day?

On 11/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, blackdeathgr said:

I guess it depends on where it was captured but it would be easier for the system to start from its previous destination point I guess.

I would like to get an official ruling on this from the Court.

12 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

What is the consensus on licensing "temporary scenes" - things like a circus visiting a town, a parade, a market day?

Well a market day would be commerce like a normal market (unless you are being creative), I think the other two would fall in arts and culture unless you have them happening in a certain area (along a dock, along a street of residences, in front of businesses) that would cause it to be possible to license as another category. In general though, as long as the item can be qualified in some way as one of the categories, it can be licensed. 

8 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

I would like to get an official ruling on this from the Court.

@Capt Wolf knows more :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Basically what @SilentWolf said. Just make sure your scenes can still be seen as a property. A parade, for example, wouldn't work if you only depicted minifigs (otherwise we'd be having a slavery debate again :grin:). If you added a structure like a memorial however, this would work.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:33 AM, blackdeathgr said:
  On 11/2/2017 at 2:53 PM, SilentWolf said:

When a ship is bought back from a pirate or won in an auction, where does that ship start for the MRCA? 

That is still being debated in leadership. It will likely be the port from which it is being auctioned or a port in a nearby sea zone. We'll get this answered definitively in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay on the answer.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, SilentWolf said:

OK, we've solved the problem of where they start from. @SilentWolf, I can't seem to find the data for where the Flying Colt was captured. Tell me where it was sailing and I can fix a new location for it. I will post starting locations for the next MRCA for all the ships sold at auction in the auction thread.

Just now, SilentWolf said:

@Capt Wolf The Flying Colt was traveling with the HMS Alice from King's Port to Elizabethville.

OK, it's in Leopoldis (zone 24) and will have to start from there in the November MRCA.

For building and licensing buildings in different colonies, do your character have to be associated with the building? Can you even build building in different colonies? 

Same thing with ships? Does the ship have to be associated with you character etc.

32 minutes ago, merc said:

For building and licensing buildings in different colonies, do your character have to be associated with the building? Can you even build building in different colonies? 

Same thing with ships? Does the ship have to be associated with you character etc.

I still consider myself a beginner in this, so do not quote me here. But I think the answer is "no". There seems to be no rule or guideline that your main character has to be linked to a build of yours.

What you can do is introducing a new side character for each colony, or even one build only. You do not have to though. If you are looking for examples: check my MotBS index (see my signature below): it has different minor characters associated with builds in different colonies, and so far nobody complained.

Edited by Drunknok

Merc, Drunknok is correct, you can build in several colonies if you'd like. Generally people build in the same faction based on the needs of that settlement and/or based on their own story. Many people have several different characters they have developed who hold various positions in settlements as well as ships. 
Once you decide which faction you want to be a part of you can introduce your character & back story in that faction's thread. Then you will be allowed in PMs for that faction and you can go from there.

31 minutes ago, merc said:

TLDR: No and No

Basically you can build anywhere or anything you like. It's good if your sigfig can be part of the story for your build, but it won't always make sense. Many of us players who have been around a while have many, many secondary characters, some of whom only appear once or twice! For example, my sig fig is definitely not a sailor, although I currently own two licensed ships. One has a named captain who has appeared in a few of my builds, the other I have never bothered with any characters for.

Same with licensing buildings. For your first few you might want to include your sigfig, just to consolidate your story, but it is not certainly not mandatory. I would guess that most of my buildings don't include Allcock as it wouldn't make sense for him to appear everywhere.

To begin with most of us started by picking one settlement, (in Corrington it is usually Arlinsport - probably Breshun in Oleon???) place a few builds there then moved deeper into New Terra. But basically you can do what you like. Unlike other RPGs you will be familiar with, as long as you aren't trying to bend them to gain advantage, the rules are fairly loose and more of a guideline. But any questions ask here and you are sure to get a bunch of responses!

Also as part of Challenges and mini-challenges you could be building properties in territory outside of your own faction's.  You can squat on other faction's turf but they could seize your property if they so choose. :pir-classic: