Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Just now, Maxim I said:

I guess I am sending too many troops with me then, as I thought they would help in sea battles...

Weeeelll. The AMRCA is run by gamemasters and may (i guess - its almost as new to us as to you) have some very different outcome. Stats only work as input to the gamemaster, not for a mathematical machine (as in the TMRCA), so they may not prove useless, especially not once you disembark! :)

Just now, Bregir said:

Weeeelll. The AMRCA is run by gamemasters and may (i guess - its almost as new to us as to you) have some very different outcome. Stats only work as input to the gamemaster, not for a mathematical machine (as in the TMRCA), so they may not prove useless, especially not once you disembark! :)

Yeah, but I sent 1x platoon and 1x battalion with me. I don't have that many cargo points...

@Kolonialbeamter:

Does troops "claim" that cargo point? I mean, when returning from a mission, will a vessel can bring as many gold with it as it has cargo points minus number of platoons?

Just now, Maxim I said:

Does troops "claim" that cargo point? I mean, when returning from a mission, will a vessel can bring as many gold with it as it has cargo points minus number of platoons?

IMO, troops are stored in Cargo (poor them :grin:), so you can either carry troops or gold.

I'm not sure, however, how the payout in the A-MCRA works... more precisely, whether you have to bring your gold back to port, or win it 'automatically' once your MOCs/story are approved by the game-masters. :def_shrug:

@Maxim I:

We will find a way to play this into your outcome - and as it is a misunderstanding and the first AMRCA round, we will consider being lenient for the sake of fairness :pir-wink:

I asked this before MRCA 2.0 was ready but I will ask again as it has been unanswered. The rewards for challenge 5 included an option of either increased mrca trade in certain ports or increased output of properties licensed in certain cities for the "next 3 months". However, as the mrca is just now happening does the 3 months start now for trade? 

Also did the building bonuses start right away? 

Just now, SilentWolf said:

I asked this before MRCA 2.0 was ready but I will ask again as it has been unanswered. The rewards for challenge 5 included an option of either increased mrca trade in certain ports or increased output of properties licensed in certain cities for the "next 3 months". However, as the mrca is just now happening does the 3 months start now for trade? 

Also did the building bonuses start right away? 

I think you have it right. Building bonuses started right away (I know some players have already used that), and "next 3 months" officially translates as "next 3 MRCAs" if that option was chosen.

Congrats @Maxim I, a huge effort!

Leadership,

Over the course of the last year and a half Corrington has raised a fair number of troops in the EGS. Not including those being used by members for AMRCAs, I have the job of deploying them around our settlements, however as a faction while we know what we have raised, we have largely lost track of where they are, or they have never been placed.

Rather than potentially confusing matters further by attempting to fill in 500 forms, would it be possible for me to PM one of the leadership team with where we want them placed?

Thanks in advance,

11 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Leadership,

Over the course of the last year and a half Corrington has raised a fair number of troops in the EGS. Not including those being used by members for AMRCAs, I have the job of deploying them around our settlements, however as a faction while we know what we have raised, we have largely lost track of where they are, or they have never been placed.

Rather than potentially confusing matters further by attempting to fill in 500 forms, would it be possible for me to PM one of the leadership team with where we want them placed?

Thanks in advance,

nevermind, the form is different than I remembered - it was relatively easy to resubmit for all.

Hey this is a little random. Canned food, where do we stand on that? It was invented in the napoleonic era, but it's not very colonial, so I thought I'd ask. I need something to do with my two Eraser CMF heads.

I would go with canned spices, and they would be more like metal jars. POTC Dead Man's Chest had those early in the film. The heads could plausibly work for that.

Is there an establisehed equivalent of China or Japan in the BotBS verse? If not: are the powers that be fine with me making up some minor background?

31 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Is there an establisehed equivalent of China or Japan in the BotBS verse? If not: are the powers that be fine with me making up some minor background?

There is for sure, and there are characters roaming around with an origin from those countries.

But those countries are not explored yet. So I would suggest that you send a vessel to the unknown waters to discover those lands and once you discovered them ingame, feel free to add the background :)

Just now, Maxim I said:

There is for sure, and there are characters roaming around with an origin from those countries.

But those countries are not explored yet. So I would suggest that you send a vessel to the unknown waters to discover those lands and once you discovered them ingame, feel free to add the background :)

It's the other way around. I want to have a NPC from there show up. One of my Oktoberfest entries is centered around it.

38 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I've always taken Mokolei to be a form of China, although more mongol like if anything.

But as for Japan? We know it exists, but we haven't discovered it yet. Additionally, Japan was quite isolationist IRL, so I would just leave it for now. 

Really, I'd leave it alone, at least for now.

43 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

You could always leave out the name of the country, if a generic approach works for you. That leaves things open for any minor background details you want. I don't think a true Japanese or Chinese NPC country has been identified.

You might also PM @MKJoshA. He has been using some Orient-themed figs and ships in his builds and storytelling. You might be able to align your background with some of what he has presented as background in his stories.

Just now, Mesabi said:

I've always taken Mokolei to be a form of China, although more mongol like if anything.

I thought Mokolei was more Indian subcontinent. I guess we'll find out soon as these Adventure MRCAs evolve.

I leave those kinds of characters' origins a bit vague. I describe them as coming from somewhere west or southwest of New Oleon.

I was thinking about something similar to Imperial China, which I think is best done by claiming "a kingdom from the far south" without going into detail.

Just now, Drunknok said:

I was thinking about something similar to Imperial China, which I think is best done by claiming "a kingdom from the far south" without going into detail.

I think that would work perfectly.

You guys realize there's still a huuuge map to discover. Is there land to the south to begin with? And maybe 'BoBS-China' is in the East? No need to define such things at this point. Every definition now only limits options for later development. Rumors should totally suffice here :wink:

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

But as for Japan? We know it exists, but we haven't discovered it yet. Additionally, Japan was quite isolationist IRL, so I would just leave it for now. 

Really, I'd leave it alone, at least for now.

Well, Mokolei Empire is more like Ottoman/Persia Empire IMHO. That's also the way Lord Buckethead envisions it (and he is the one exploring that region).

Tellvok, Pan and Saleek are in my eyes a bit like the Barbary States/Egypt/Morocco/Tunesia

The Kingdoms of the Great Raider sounds to me like a mix of Mongol and Russia...

Well Maxim summed up my interpretation of the Mokolei pretty well. I also think it's worth noting that we've not only seen oriental characters but ships as well, I believe there are a few junks floating around. Anyway I envisioned there being an oriental state further to the west, imagine this. We take a map of Europe and Asia and flip it, as we know the Middle East separates south east Asia from Europe, Europe being Halos, the Middle Kingdoms and the Northern Mokolei Empire being the Middle East and China being a yet unexplored state further West. They were just my thoughts and they are bo no means definitive, I hope they help though.

Not wanting to burst any bubbles, but as the lead Junk maker I figured I should through my info in. From the beginning of the game we were told that the Asian like countries were in the South. And I've had personal communication about this with Ska. So if you want to talk about the Bai'Pei or Towakan (those are the official Ska names) go ahead, but do know that their lands are South, not West.

And another question...

Is there a definition of what makes a property "small", "medium" or "large"? There is a residence in the works right now, so that needs to be sorted out, but I also would like to have some guidelines for the future.