Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Can we add a section in the Master Index with NPC common colors and examples of uniforms.

I keep mixing up different nations, especially yellow/orange, but also purple. I am putting together some CMF, trying to follow up Elostirion and Ayrlegos posts, and I don't want to add confusion.

Examples in the old discussion thread are missing the pictures :/

Here is what my brain can't seem to fathom:

Mardier: Yellow? Orange?

Terraversa: Purple? Gray?

Garvey: Orange? gray?

Edited by Sir Stig

5 minutes ago, Sir Stig said:

Can we add a section in the Master Index with NPC common colors and examples of uniforms.

4th post in this very thread :wink:

I like the idea of adding pics of troops or typical characters, as @Elostirion and @Ayrlego have created.

So, whoever's got anything that we can add to the overview, just (post it and) suggest it in this thread, or shoot leadership a PM.

@Sir Stig: It took me ages to find this last time we had this discussion - it is hidden away in a post in the middle of some discussion in the History and Background thread. I like the idea of putting it somewhere more prominent with some examples!

On 13/06/2016 at 4:34 PM, SkaForHire said:

Garvey wears purple, Mardier wears Yellow and Orange. We can change Altonia around to be more Dutch. I don't see a huge problem with that. They could also wear orange, they were once part of Mardier, so keeping similar colors would be fine. Maybe their colors are green and orange. I do have a flag for them somewhere, I can change up the colors. Namere wears grey, and their colors are grey and purple, with a wolf emblem. Carno's color is red... I have to find the original file to let you know about the other ones.

A little more on politics of the smaller nations near Mardier:

Namere, once part of Mardier, are the easternmost people on the continent. They are avid seafarers, but mostly travel west. They control the gateway to the north coast of Halos, and have a pretty strong local navy. They are currently involved in open support for the rebels in the Mardier Civil War, and have been issuing letters of mark. The rebels opinion is that any of the major nations that still trade with Mardier (all of them) are supporting the "False King" in power currently. So a Namere privateer would have permission from Mardier rebel command to plunder any ships of another country not currently backing the rebels (Namere, Carno, Garvey, Altonia).

Here are some of my examples for inspiration purposes:

Mardier

32677731462_c231285ecb_n.jpg23646255518_a4c53b47be_n.jpg

Garvey

33199631096_55e9c06179_n.jpg 36788697604_53f14b2a54_n.jpg

I created seven Mardierian soldiers for this purpose today and will take picutres tomorrow. :-) 

Also I would love to put some effort into developing all those nine (?) NPC nations: Clearly define colours, create a flag (if non exists yet), define some characteristics, write a small text, create some exemplary soldiers or other minifigures. Maybe also create a MOC or two in their settlements, but let's not reach too far for now.

Procedure could be: We come together as three to six motivated BoBS-members, we discuss each nation and agree on colours and characteristics, someone creates sigfigs (with feedback from the group), etc. When ready for all nations we present the results to the leadership-team (not to discuss every detail, but accept that it fits well into BoBS) and then publish it all, either in the history & background or in a separate topic.

So: Who wishes to join me? @Sir Stig? @Ayrlego? Anyone else interested in giving some more life to all NPC nations? :-) 

bobsnations.PNG.f5b8b1aad1d372f99722807faed3a5e2.PNG

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V0hxsmW7WrnnGvTlzls8mUQuoy_12O3N0OvKuZDZyDs/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Elostirion

@Elostirion I'd love to help, if you'll take me. Whatever you do, please write down what the npc nations realworld counterparts are. I.E. It would really help me if I knew that Varcoast was an analogue to Russia or something. 

5 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I created seven Mardierian soldiers for this purpose today and will take picutres tomorrow. :-)

Just to add to the confusion, I have been portraying Mardier in all white uniforms with deep yellow frogging. I also have a bit more stuff for them created that I never got around photographing yet.

FWI3u4h.jpg

If you are looking for SR input, I'll throw my hat in the ring for the NPC nation committee.

I made some Prio Guards (purple) & Garvian Engineers (those CMF Conquistadores).

Those Garvians are also used in some other builds by me.

I would love to help developping some of those countries

Edited by Maxim I

So we have:

@Lord Buckethead, @Ayrlego, @Mesabi, @Kolonialbeamter, @Kwatchi, @Sir Stig, @Maxim I and @Elostirion already.

That is eight people, 3x COR, 3x ESL, 1x OL, 1x SR, veterans and newer players - should work. Is anyone else willing to join us?

Now we just need someone to setup a pm conversation. Can @Kolonialbeamter do this?

This sounds like a great project, and once finished will be a valuable source for veterans and starters alike.

Currently I have enough on my plate already, and my minifig collection would be of no help anyway. You have my moral support and best wishes though! :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok

Work in progress of my Mardierian Soldiers (will need some black epaulettes, yellow feathers, yellow epaulettes, etc.)

23715683248_86571647f7_z.jpg

7 hours ago, Elostirion said:

That is eight people, 3x COR, 3x ESL, 1x OL, 1x SR, veterans and newer players - should work. Is anyone else willing to join us?

Now we just need someone to setup a pm conversation. Can @Kolonialbeamter do this?

@Elostirion, I'd like to be involved in this, too. Please include me when you set up a PM. Thanks.

What is this brick you use to attach the sabre to the muskets, if I may ask, @Kwatchi? (Looking great, btw!)

Edited by Elostirion

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

What is this brick you use to attach the sabre to the muskets, if I may ask, @Kwatchi? (Looking great, btw!)

Those aren't sabers. The Brickarms U-clip and Brickarms Bayonet are things of which I have some acquaint. I'm surprised that you aren't already familiar with these aftermarket products.

With the new MRCA and AMRCA starting soon:

Where are the troops?

Are they located there where they were in ERA I or is it tabula rasa and do we have assign them again?

Some troops were on vessels, I guess they aren't now anymore?

And what about troops that are bought in bulk and now a part of that bulk is assigned for the AMRCA?

Troop locations are generally reset and you can place them anywhere (like ships). I am not sure the automaters are going to send many kisses your way if you start splitting up troop units, but I am not sure how that works.

Those on ships (as extra crew) are no longer on board as extra crew, as that functionality has been removed for ERA II. (We will replace it with something else in the "near" future)

3 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Troop locations are generally reset and you can place them anywhere (like ships). I am not sure the automaters are going to send many kisses your way if you start splitting up troop units, but I am not sure how that works.

Those on ships (as extra crew) are no longer on board as extra crew, as that functionality has been removed for ERA II. (We will replace it with something else in the "near" future)

Ah ok, so there is no extra crew on ships now.

The only fighting crew on a ship is the crew assigned to a ship in its stats then?

But in an AMRCA, if a vessel got engaged, what happens with the troops on it? Will they fight as well or not?

edit:

to who do I send a list with the current status of my troops and those of MAESTRO?

Edited by Maxim I

Just now, Maxim I said:

The only fighting crew on a ship is the crew assigned to a ship in its stats then?

Correct :thumbup:

Just now, Maxim I said:

But in an AMRCA, if a vessel got engaged, what happens with the troops on it? Will they fight as well or not?

IMO, they can only count as cargo, and thus will remain inactive until landed on an island. Otherwise, you'd be circumventing the 'no Marines!' rule/decision.

16 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Correct :thumbup:

IMO, they can only count as cargo, and thus will remain inactive until landed on an island. Otherwise, you'd be circumventing the 'no Marines!' rule/decision.

I see your point.

I guess I am sending too many troops with me then, as I thought they would help in sea battles...

And take care you only got as many platoons as your ship(s) feature Cargo 'points'... otherwise the game-masters might feed some of your troops to the fishes :wink: