Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

Just now, MKJoshA said:

What is this country of Molokei that people keep talking about?

The Mokolei Empire in the south part of the old world - look at the map in the first post of this thread. :)

7 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The Mokolei Empire in the south part of the old world - look at the map in the first post of this thread. :)

Beyond the talk of an expedition, has any other lore been created for them?

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Beyond the talk of an expedition, has any other lore been created for them?

Very little, I believe. Lord Buckethead has an expedition there that might start doing so.

Hello my fellow sea-faring folk!

My town of Rassilon will pay 40 DBs to anyone who licenses a Culture or Education property in the month of Sept (any size). Please PM me if you are interested!

On 9/18/2017 at 10:17 AM, Maxim I said:

ere I am not agreeing with you. Eslandola was in a state of war with Mardier. So why do you expect Eslandola to claim in front of everyone (and Mardier): "hey guys, we paid 500 db's to Garvey so they will do the next move. Oh and please, act like you don't know when this action happens". The reason for this payment is known by SkaForHire, the game master of those events...

Don't forget the whole RNTC thing was because I spotted the transaction between RNTC and Mardier. They never publicly declared what it was for and even denied it in the beginning. This is a game where we agreed we try to talk as much IC as possible.

Another reason public accounting to NPCs should not exist.    Now, it should be an adventure MRCA to spy out who is paying who.   Sounds good to me... you can now buy spies with your armies!  [don't take that as new rules, Bregir will have a heart attack]

On 9/16/2017 at 4:57 PM, Bregir said:

Dear all,

You can now start licensing your ships in this form:

Ship licensing form

There will be no general controlling of the chosen classes, but the Naval Licensing and Prize Court and the Brethren Court reserves the right to step in if players do not follow the spirit of the classes (in terms of sizes).

/Bregir

Can this link be added to the Master index?

1 minute ago, Sir Stig said:

Can this link be added to the Master index?

It can and it will - the whole index beckons a clean up, and it is on our list. :)

On 9/14/2017 at 5:47 AM, SilentWolf said:

Will BOBS members be earning Special Tags for their profiles in this new era? A BOBS tag? Individual faction tags?

This is a great question and I think it may have got missed in the flurry of activity in this thread.

I was thinking maybe something like a faction tag for all members who made at least one challenge entry in Era 1, similar I think to what GoH did at one stage?

6 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

This is a great question and I think it may have got missed in the flurry of activity in this thread.

I was thinking maybe something like a faction tag for all members who made at least one challenge entry in Era 1, similar I think to what GoH did at one stage?

Oh man, that'd be awesome! My Kawashita tag is lonely. And increasingly irrelevant. :hmpf_bad:

I get the impression that Sea Rats are currently vastly underrepresented, is that correct?

There is a good chance I'll throw my hat into the ring for Corrington soon, but the Sea Rats are... starving? I might go that route instead...

20 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I get the impression that Sea Rats are currently vastly underrepresented, is that correct?

Yes, I think that is a reasonable statement, although all factions could do with more active players.

I would choose the faction that interests you the most, regardless of representation. I think it is far easier to find the motivation to build and participate that way and you'll be more likely to enjoy the game and thus play for longer!

And of course we'd love to have you in Corrington :pir_laugh2:

Regardless of who you choose, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! There is the beginnings of a new starters guide here.

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

There is a good chance I'll throw my hat into the ring for Corrington soon, but the Sea Rats are... starving? I might go that route instead...

Yeah Pretty much. But Corrington is still fairly underrepresented compared to Eslandola. We'd love to have you though.

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I would choose the faction that interests you the most, regardless of representation.

This.

But yes, I believe the sea rats are a great bunch (not wonderfully orderly like us, of course! Some might even call them anarchists!), but fairly limited in number.

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Yeah Pretty much. But Corrington is still fairly underrepresented compared to Eslandola. We'd love to have you though.

The interesting fact is that Eslandola hasn't a new member since ages :p

@Drunknok, feel free and go for the Sea Rats (are those are the free people hahaha) :p Just kidding, every faction has its  romantic aspects...

16 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Honestly, go with your first choice if you think it will give you the most inspiration. 

On 22.9.2017 at 12:11 AM, Ayrlego said:
On 13.9.2017 at 9:47 PM, SilentWolf said:

Will BOBS members be earning Special Tags for their profiles in this new era? A BOBS tag? Individual faction tags?

If I remember correctly, this has actually been discussed a while ago. Not sure about whether any conclusion was reached, though.

Anyway, been in the process of making an OL-icon, and decided to quickly make a few more that could be used as tags:

37352977386_d540fc4bc3_o.png

Size can always be changed. Marked with 'I' for 'Era one', thus easy to create similar ones for future eras, or replace with the number of each challenge. Comes in silver and gold. Silver could be awarded for participation in at least one era I challenge, gold for either participation in all challenges or having won at least one challenge category throughout era I. And in order to occupy only one 'tag slot' at all times, gold always replaces silver, and newer tags replace older ones. Or it's left up to the awardees.

Is this going somewhere?

20 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Is this going somewhere?

I sure hope so. Those look great to me!

And welcome back KB!

Welcome back, KB.  Those tags look great.  We can certainly dole them out to participants of ERA I.  :pir-classic:

Drunknok, you are free join whichever faction interests you.  Although, being drunk might be more fun as a Sea Rats.  :pir-grin:

29 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

If I remember correctly, this has actually been discussed a while ago. Not sure about whether any conclusion was reached, though.

Anyway, been in the process of making an OL-icon, and decided to quickly make a few more that could be used as tags:

37352977386_d540fc4bc3_o.png

Size can always be changed. Marked with 'I' for 'Era one', thus easy to create similar ones for future eras, or replace with the number of each challenge. Comes in silver and gold. Silver could be awarded for participation in at least one era I challenge, gold for either participation in all challenges or having won at least one challenge category throughout era I. And in order to occupy only one 'tag slot' at all times, gold always replaces silver, and newer tags replace older ones. Or it's left up to the awardees.

Is this going somewhere?

Amazing! I'd be happy to compile a list of players to reward if we develop/approve those rules and if it saves the court some work!

Loving the tags! They all look very nice, almost like a war medal. Only thing I'd change is I think there should be a black outline on the "I" It blends in a little too much for me.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

I'd be happy to compile a list of players to reward if we develop/approve those rules and if it saves the court some work!

If you've got the time, go for it!

Glad you guys like those tags. But it's good to have a choice, so here's an alternative design looking a bit more coin-ish, which I think fits better to our pirate theme:

37149457930_9a80a2061f_o.png