Rick

2018 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Discuss rumours regarding 2018 Friends sets in this topic. No wish lists or "what I would like to see" please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

41339 Mia's Camper Van (lime truck with tree, tent, horse and assessories)

41338 Stephanie's sport stadium with Vicki and Stephanie, Tennis playground and basketball

41336 Emma's Cafe of arts

41340 House of friendship, a lot of Play functions, 3 mini dolls, dark nougat (?) house

41327 Mia's room (sport action)

41328 Stephanie's room (sport action)

41335 Mia's treehouse

41332 Emma's Kiosk of arts

41330, 41333, 41334, 41329

Edited by Sir von Lego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for this information, Sir von Lego! :classic:

I've got three questions:

1. Is Emma's Cafe Of Arts about the same size like the cafe from 2015?

2. Is the House Of Friendship some sort of youth center (where youngsters meet) with games like table kicker, billiard etc. and is it about the size of the 2017 training center?

3. And how big is the Kiosk?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter
spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, thank you very much about all of this!

Very interesting with tree house, van ( and tent), and kiosk and cafe.

I don't know what to think about the playhouse. Need to see picture.

But IMO it seems to be a good wave!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

41339 Mia's Camper Van (lime truck with tree, tent, horse and assessories)

41338 Stephanie's sport stadium with Vicki and Stephanie, Tennis playground and basketball

41336 Emma's Cafe of arts

41340 House of friendship, a lot of Play functions, 3 mini dolls, dark nougat (?) house

41327 Mia's room (sport action)

41328 Stephanie's room (sport action)

41335 Mia's treehouse

41332 Emma's Kiosk of arts

41330, 41333, 41334, 41329

This theme's winter waves have been so boring lately, but I love the Sports Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very hard to say. Arts imo could be music or paintings. Since the kiosk presumably will be the smaller set, I more guess that the cafe will have a small music stage and in the kiosk there are paintings sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is getting exhausting! :wacko:

Again, Instagram user lego_peru has prelims up of four 2018 sets for Friends, including a very nice camper in White, Lime Green, and Dark Azure I think.

Edited by Digger of Bricks
Oh, 800th post. I didn't even realize!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are images of five more 2018 sets on Instagram for the theme, which include...

41330 Stephanie's Sports Park, 41332 Emma's Art Stand, 41333 "HLC Vehicle" (not final name likely), 41334 Andrea's Performance Park, and 41335 Mia's Tree House.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:12 AM, Rune Haako said:

What's the biggest set called?

41340 House of Friendship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can I see photos? Are there 2 pages? I 've seen the page where house of friendship is on the left side and on the right side is camper van. 

On 8/25/2017 at 3:55 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

There are images of five more 2018 sets on Instagram for the theme, which include...

41330 Stephanie's Sports Park, 41332 Emma's Art Stand, 41333 "HLC Vehicle" (not final name likely), 41334 Andrea's Performance Park, and 41335 Mia's Tree House.

41340 House of Friendship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Where can I see photos? Are there 2 pages? I 've seen the page where house of friendship is on the left side and on the right side is camper van. 

Yeah, there are two pages, but I'm not sure where to find the image now. It was one of the last leaks posted by a particular Instagram user before it was pulled, and I just checked both Reddit and YouTube but to no avail. :sceptic:

Everyone was all over all the other big name leaks such as Star Wars, DC Comics, City, etc; but I know, there was not much discussion nor coverage of leaks of themes such as Friends and Creator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did notice there are two male characters and I read the fine print that Friends is undergoing a brand reboot.  I hope that means that there will be some more characters.  We have like..409848 Mias! The play features seem more in line with the other action series' sets... talking specifically about the tree house.

 

It looks like maybe the bedrooms are companion sets to the house of friendship?  They look fairly small as well...wonder if they are taking the place of the <$15 animal sets/subtheme?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehh... We are never going to get Mia house right? :P

 

I really like the rooms actualy - they are great way to get good furniture!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A brand reboot? That's an interesting idea - I wonder what it means? That they will change all the characters? Or turn them back into minifigures? Change the colour schemes? Why would they change anything? I thought Friends was now one of the top three best selling themes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for the Friendship house. I love the Lego Friends houses, so this is a welcome addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the "brand reboot" thing might have more to do with the media than with the sets themselves. I'd love to see them move away from the CGI style they've used for all the webisodes so far, which I've never found very appealing.

I do hope they stick with the core group of Friends, since I love a theme that sticks with its main characters. Have the Friends characters ever been released with different facial expressions? That would be a way to add variety without abandoning the existing main characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is slightly related speculation, but I wonder if we will ever see TLG tweak the current minidoll in the near future for additional articulation, particularly next year.

Why? Well I'm wondering if this will be necessary if we were ever to see minidoll characters make an appearance in 2019's The Lego Movie 2. This seems to me to be highly possible given what we know about the major role Finn's sister plays in the sequel. It just would be awkward to see minidolls animated within the confines of the established rules for motion of characters in the cinematic movies done so far.

But then again, WB could just cheat with the animation irrespective of the actual physical product. :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is slightly related speculation, but I wonder if we will ever see TLG tweak the current minidoll in the near future for additional articulation, particularly next year.

Why? Well I'm wondering if this will be necessary if we were ever to see minidoll characters make an appearance in 2019's The Lego Movie 2. This seems to me to be highly possible given what we know about the major role Finn's sister plays in the sequel. It just would be awkward to see minidolls animated within the confines of the established rules for motion of characters in the cinematic movies done so far.

But then again, WB could just cheat with the animation irrespective of the actual physical product. :hmpf_bad:

I have been thinking this too... I don't think the mindolls will change... I have always wondered why they were taller though...seems to make a lot more sense to have the figs/dolls the same height. I think there is a lot of potential in Finn and his sister embracing each other's Lego and their forces uniting!

In my house they coexist peacefully though with no issue 😌

The reboot did reference tv tie ins.  I wonder what will change about the show! I'm guessing more adventures and activities beyond rescuing animals.

The tree house had a zip line feature and a water gun... Looks super fun. I'm not hoping they move away from the core group...just add to them!  Maybe at least change up their outfits every year like they do in the elves line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone have the photos of the sets? cause i cant find them :/

does anyone have the photos of the sets? cause i cant find them :/

Edited by JimBrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some additional (preliminary) info:

There will be a new flower piece in pink. The 28573 bracelet upper part will get a new mold with five (instead of four) pieces standing out - which is imo a peeve for thoese who ordered a lot of the "old" pieces in order to make flowerbeds. Plus there'll be a part which resembles a 180° leaf for under that kind of small flowers, looking realistic and really cool.

The cafe is set on a 16x16 plate and is a corner building. It uses the new frame from 2017. The interior might be nice. Plus there's a small 8x8 terrace with a small roof. In this set as well as in others, there'll be a white cup with I"heart"HLC printing on it - a nice detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you see that from the preliminary pictures? 🤔When the preliminary pics came out I saved them on my ipad and they are all blurry, i can recognize the buildings but when i zoom in, can't really see the small pieces very clear. You have a good eye or I don't have the same pictures. 😱 Would love to see those! From your description flowerbeds and leaf part sound really cool.

On 10/23/2017 at 6:43 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Here's some additional (preliminary) info:

There will be a new flower piece in pink. The 28573 bracelet upper part will get a new mold with five (instead of four) pieces standing out - which is imo a peeve for thoese who ordered a lot of the "old" pieces in order to make flowerbeds. Plus there'll be a part which resembles a 180° leaf for under that kind of small flowers, looking realistic and really cool.

The cafe is set on a 16x16 plate and is a corner building. It uses the new frame from 2017. The interior might be nice. Plus there's a small 8x8 terrace with a small roof. In this set as well as in others, there'll be a white cup with I"heart"HLC printing on it - a nice detail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2017 at 3:16 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This is slightly related speculation, but I wonder if we will ever see TLG tweak the current minidoll in the near future for additional articulation, particularly next year.

Why? Well I'm wondering if this will be necessary if we were ever to see minidoll characters make an appearance in 2019's The Lego Movie 2. This seems to me to be highly possible given what we know about the major role Finn's sister plays in the sequel. It just would be awkward to see minidolls animated within the confines of the established rules for motion of characters in the cinematic movies done so far.

But then again, WB could just cheat with the animation irrespective of the actual physical product. :hmpf_bad:

Wasn't there a Friends game and TV show? They must have cheated with the animation then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Lego ever release a male Friends character in formalwear? Is there a chance one would be released in the next wave? I could really use one for my MOC idea, but currently the best thing available is Mia's tux from 41001.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.