Rick

2018 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

19 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

With the advent calendar, it looks like the reindeer has gold pearl antlers. Has this color been used before? Would be nice to spruce up the Santa's Workshop reindeer. EDIT: never mind, it looks like a different part to that used in the Workshop set.

Other than that, will definitley try and recreate some of the builds from this, and cross fingers the City one is just as good!

For what it's worth, the antler pieces from Santa's Workshop (or earlier versions of them) have been available in Pearl Gold/Warm Gold since 2006, in over 30 sets!

2006–2008 version: https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4498544

2011–2018 version: https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6006741

At BrickLink, they're readily available for under 10 cents apiece!

Old version: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=53989#T=P&C=115

New version: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=98313#T=P&C=115

Thanks, will have a look next time I order from Bricklink. It had never occured to me to fancy them up before. :)

Just noticed that the big screen in the Drifting Diner doubles as a phone/device stand so you can use it to play real videos. Pretty clever touch.

Loving the new suitcase piece in the Accessory Shop although it looks too big to really be usable with minifigs.

15 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Thanks for the link @cebelicamya:classic:

By the way, I hadn't noticed this before, but apparently the GoKart sets have introduced a new helmet piece with an attached ponytail. Now I'm looking forwards to seeing how they will work on minifigures. 

Drifting-Diner-41349

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I hadn't noticed this before, but apparently the GoKart sets have introduced a new helmet piece with an attached ponytail. Now I'm looking forwards to seeing how they will work on minifigures. 

eagle eyes! 

While I was looking at the pictures I wasn't aware that the helmet has something attached. Is there a better picture of just helmet part so we can see ponytail mould better? 

But will definitely add it to my hair pieces list.

Edited by cebelicamya

15 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Is there a better picture of just helmet part so we can see ponytail mould better?

Not that I'm aware of, as that official set image looked to have the best angle of the part I could see.

That's a neat airplane, especially with that dark pink and dark azure color scheme...

4 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

New lego friends set!!

A minidoll biplane? Who would've thought?! *oh2*

Say, is a Sky-Fi subtheme for Friends perhaps on the horizon? :head_back:

I think this is just a continuation of previous Friends aviation sets like the Heartlake Flying Club, Heartlake Hot Air Balloon, Heartlake Private Jet and Heartlake City Airport.

8 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

New lego friends set!!

*snip*

Neat bi-plane.  Does it seat one or two? 

10 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

New lego friends set!!

What's the reason for the arrows showing the propellor rotation?  That seems an obvious and unnecessary call out, unless there is some functionality linked to the prop rotation.

Any thoughts?

That's a nice looking set! I like the mini builds a lot! :classic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, is a Sky-Fi subtheme for Friends perhaps on the horizon? :head_back:

Why not?! But thinking about all summer Friends sets, I think TLG has another goal: making Friends sets appealing to boys! :tongue:

19 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Neat bi-plane.  Does it seat one or two? 

Depends on if you consider a hamster a legit passenger :laugh:

22 hours ago, Tomahawker said:

What's the reason for the arrows showing the propellor rotation?  That seems an obvious and unnecessary call out, unless there is some functionality linked to the prop rotation.

Any thoughts?

Arrows and other "chalk markings" just seem to be part of the design language for this year's LEGO Friends box art. Compare with the spiral arrow on the fire pole, straight arrow on the winch, and double arrow on the garage door from the Friendship House box. Together with the other "doodles" on the box art it gives them sort of a arts-and-crafts/d.i.y. flavor. The GoldieBlox building sets, which a lot of critics of LEGO Friends seemed to respond more favorably to, have had a sort of similar marketing approach, even though the toys themselves are usually more focused on abstract contraptions similar to K'nex or Tinkertoy, and less on playable scenes that imitate real life.

I love how beautiful the biplane in this set is! The airport scenery is also pretty swell. I wonder when we'll start seeing pics of the Spinning Brushes Car Wash?

We now have high-quality images of all of the summer wave! . . Except that biplane one. That's news to me. 

http://www.ibrickcity.com/lego-friends-summer-sets/

41349 Karting Snack is definitely a standout in my opinion. 41348 Service Truck is pretty cute too, certainly something I want to consider getting to sit on my streets. (Full props for the dark azure/white colour scheme.) I also like the stained-glass arches adorning the roof on 41344 Andrea's Accessory Store, as well as the stickers on the windows, and that lovely-looking teal wig. 

On 5/13/2018 at 5:53 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

We now have high-quality images of all of the summer wave! . . Except that biplane one. That's news to me. 

http://www.ibrickcity.com/lego-friends-summer-sets/

41349 Karting Snack is definitely a standout in my opinion. 41348 Service Truck is pretty cute too, certainly something I want to consider getting to sit on my streets. (Full props for the dark azure/white colour scheme.) I also like the stained-glass arches adorning the roof on 41344 Andrea's Accessory Store, as well as the stickers on the windows, and that lovely-looking teal wig. 

I was about to say we're also still missing pics of 41350 Spinning Brushes Car Wash, but then I found some! Not very big but still a welcome surprise.

34 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

I was about to say we're also still missing pics of 41350 Spinning Brushes Car Wash, but then I found some! Not very big but still a welcome surprise.

Thanx, i diddn't know we were missing this set. 

2 hours ago, sousmarineuse said:

I don't know if I am in the good topic, but creative rings pics on Zusammengebaut 

https://zusammengebaut.com/lego-friends-kreative-ringe-und-im-detail-50540/

Many colors, creative, a very good idea! 

Thanx for the link, i think it is a cool idea!

There is also a better photo of friends junior set Stephanie's Lakeside house if somebody hasn't seen it yet in details. :)

https://brickset.com/sets/10763-1/Stephanie-s-Lakeside-House

Edited by cebelicamya

On 5/10/2018 at 8:08 PM, Tomahawker said:

Any thoughts?

I don't know why they added the arrows, but they are oriented the wrong way. If the prop would rotate clockwise, the plane would move backward.

I just wanted to point out the Friends calender will not sell well because it has no figs. Maybe I will get it cheaper then, because for right price it will be a great part pack.

20 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Thanx for the link, i think it is a cool idea!

There is also a better photo of friends junior set Stephanie's Lakeside house if somebody hasn't seen it yet in details. :)

https://brickset.com/sets/10763-1/Stephanie-s-Lakeside-House

Yes, junior set are always a good way to have cool print part and this one seems to be the same!

My young girl is kind of these mini print base plates, easy way to build her own house or castle (the frozen one is the most beautiful in my opinion ;)). 

About the friends calendar, so do I. 

I'm not a big fan of these kind of calendar. I prefer 24 mini things to build a big one at the end.