Sign in to follow this  
fritz4783

[MOC] Underground Mine Scoop (42060 Alternate Model)

Greetings all, 

This summer, I am away from home at an internship with a mine so the only set I had was 42060, Roadwork Crew. I've never built a technic MOC before, but I'd figure I'd try after seeing all of the machinery underground that it would be a good challenge, especially since I only had the pieces from one kit. Most of the scoops at this mine are either Sandvik or Eimco, but this model is not specifically modeled after either make.

The functions include raise/lower arm, movable bucket, steering, adjustable lights and opening door. Photos are below. 

From the front:

35455622780_720ab42677_z.jpgUnderground Scoop 05 by Fritz4783, on Flickr

From the rear:

35455622660_d9ebaf6ef7_z.jpgUnderground Scoop 11 by Fritz4783, on Flickr

Functional arm:

35033856023_b187b77768_z.jpgUnderground Scoop 01 by Fritz4783, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Also, this is my first post, so feel free to let me know if I need to do anything differently for the future.

Very nice looking. I admire the creativity you had to build a good MOC like this from such a small set. I can't even do much from large sets, though that's partially because of my difficulty in free-building with Technic. It's also neat that you modeled it (somewhat) after real vehicles you're around currently. Good job!

Welcome to Eurobricks @fritz4783 :classic:.

And what a great C-model you have built, I don't think you could do any better than that - even if you did have more parts!

10 hours ago, fritz4783 said:

Also, this is my first post, so feel free to let me know if I need to do anything differently for the future.

You have done great, but you might want to post in the "Hello! My name is..." forum :wink:.

Thank you all for the kind words! I just got a few new sets, so I am currently working on a continuous miner. This time it will be built in bricks instead of Technic pieces though.