Maxim I

[NTSC] Minichallenge - The 617 New Terra Soccer Cup at Trador

On 9/14/2017 at 9:59 PM, Maxim I said:

Ranking:

1. Buffed Shirtless Athletes
    1. 500 db's
    2. the right to organise the next soccer cup!
  2. HMS Royal Oak Team
    1. 300 db's
  3. Onondaga Leather Ball Team
    1. 100 db's

GZ to all the winners and particularly to Maxim I for running the really successful First New Terra Soccer Cup!!! I say let's make that a tradition and next year a different colony can organize that!

Congrats to the winners and all the participants, and thanks to Maxim for a great mini-challenge!

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

New Terra Soccer Cup!!! I say let's make that a tradition and next year

I agree! And from the rules in the first post: "The winning team also has the right to organise the next Soccer Cup!" So it looks like the Sea Rats and @dr_spock will be hosting next year.

Neat little challenge, Maxim, and how generous of you with those prizes. While I didn't take it seriously at first it did look kinda fun in the end. Lot of good entries, and I think the heavy focus on minifigs was a lot of the appeal. But you put more work into the actual games than I ever would've done!

And it was cool to see the Sea Rats win something, even if it was randomly generated.

But I have to agree with this sentiment:

On 7/16/2017 at 6:19 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Although I vastly prefer THE sport, namely basketball...

BD, what's your vertical? Can you jam it like Giannis? I'm perfecting my windmill. Of course the goal is not lowered. :grin:

5 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

BD, what's your vertical? Can you jam it like Giannis? I'm perfecting my windmill. Of course the goal is not lowered. :grin:

Nah, Giannis flies above us all and I am really happy for him (basically we all are)! Sadly for me, a knee injury (that requires surgery) in the last season of the company year long tournament made my commitment to LEGO sturdier than my love for basketball so no practicing anymore :tongue: For the record I was more of a Shved guy rather than a dunker. Hehehe!

On the other hand, go Serbia go (for tomorrow's Eurobasket 2017 finals)! 

Congrats to the winners and participants.  :classic:

Thank you, Maxim I, for running the challenge and the great write-ups. They're a fun and entertaining read. I didn't think the shirtless crew would make it this far. All the drinking and eating training must have really helped. 

It looks like Sea Rats have the rights to host next year's Cup. Time to read up on soccer rules and save up some funds.

blackdeathgr, I think we'll stay with soccer for now. The Sea Rats' Amara and her Amazons friends may have an advantage. :laugh:

35902897921_da7d6a0523_m.jpgFriendly Basketball by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

You know, this was a great challenge. At first, I was a little on the fence (Partly because I was mad you were able to launch your minichallenge before me) but I really had fun with this challenge. Thank you, @Maxim I, and I really hope we can do this again next year.

@blackdeathgr, @Ayrlego, @Bodi, @SilentWolf, @MKJoshA, @Faladrin, @Mesabi, @dr_spock, @Captain Braunsfeld, @Capt Wolf

I have transferred the rewards for participating (and winning if that is the case) to your accounts. Thank you very much for participating!

@all: I am very happy with your positive feedback! It was a pleasure to organise it! :sweet:

Edited by Maxim I

Thank you Maxim! It was a pleasure to read your comments on the matches. Congratz to the winner.

Thank you !

A real pleasure this little challenge ! Thank you for the writing and for this funny soccer cup ! And congrats to the winners !