Hi friends,

You know me for my big scaled one of a kind ship models that i build in commission for ship onwers and shipyards and have build many of them, but the most time i create and design and liver very exclusive construction kits for my clients.

The last 3 year i have created more than 10 different kits and sold a couple of Thousand of them.

My designs with the construction kits are nothing, without the great work from my great friend JunkstyleGio for all the renders and instructions and Jaap Technic for his sticker sheets.

This year is a very busy and the first 4 sets are ready to deliver out and here is the first sneak previeuw of the first construction kit that is gona be deliver to a client in Brasil this week. 

It's a Tugboat that is build at the scale 1/87 and have 1457 pieces and is for my client a new build tugboat that is liver by Damen shipsyard design 2412, build in Brasil and is sailing in the second week of August.

Here are the first pictures of the construction kit and later on more news of her.

I hope you like it, and this is a set and not a one of kind model where i can go mad in details.:wink:

35536140870_c72388cd6c_c.jpg

35883748836_2c0ff7c837_c.jpg

35084748174_1bd91a7288_c.jpg

And JunkstyleGio and me make a joke in the disclaimer and the client must laugh very much on it and have to stay in the final printart.

35536142270_39fb0d2f26_c.jpg

Regards,

Edwin

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Wow - must be tricky to make sure you have enough parts sourced for however many sets you need to do! Looks awesome.

@Edwin Korstanje Working with you is so much fun. It makes the massive amount of time I put in for every instruction totally worth while.

Every time we do an instruction I rally get scared of the statistics:

For a 52 page instruction-book with 83 building-steps i put in:

• Total amount of hours on CAD building: 32 hours, 48 minutes  and 12 seconds.
  • Total continuous rendering time: 6 days, 19 hours and 31 minutes
  • Total amount of working hours; 240 hours and some minutes
  • Total amount of different files used to create the completed instruction (in 20 different maps:) 2.038
  • Total amount of bytes in this project: 14.338.457.600 (13.3GB)

Don't forget the countless hours of conferencing with you and the customer

and so on...

@Leonardo da Bricki Sets like these are not for sale.. Sets like these are exclusively made for specific shipyards, who sell them to their staff or their own customers. 

On ‎15‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 4:29 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Good job! You have done a lot! Is it available for sale yet? Could I buy one? And I must say, I love the disclaimer! :rofl:

Thank you @Leonardo da Bricki for the great comment.:thumbup: The most of my designs are not for public sale and only exclusive for my clients and are for the most time relation gifts.

On ‎15‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 4:09 AM, JonathanM said:

Wow - must be tricky to make sure you have enough parts sourced for however many sets you need to do! Looks awesome.

Best @JonathanM, it's indeed very tricky to make construction kits and from the start with the design you must know that every part you use is also avalible in the market and for a good price.  

It all looks great Edwin. I have one question, you build and then @JunkstyleGio makes the BI. To make the BI, do you breakdown your build and make then step by step pictures? Just curious how that works..:wink::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by JDL1967

Just now, JDL1967 said:

It all looks great Edwin. I have one question, you build and then @JunkstyleGio makes the BI. To make the BI, do you breakdown your build and make then step by step pictures? Just curious how that works..:wink::thumbup::thumbup:

Complete correct Jesse.:wink:

Just now, Edwin Korstanje said:

Complete correct Jesse.:wink:

Tnx..:thumbup:

Great work! 

Im a big fan of fishing boats especially so most of your models are right up my alley. It's great to hear people can make some money from this.

Interesting thread. :)

How do you source such massive quantity of parts ?

2 hours ago, Anio said:

Interesting thread. :)

How do you source such massive quantity of parts ?

Most off it comes via Bricklink @Anio.:wink:

Really ? Oo

But when you produce a kit, you have to deal with 100K parts, don't you ?

I suppose you take only new parts.

Can you tell what average price per part do you have ?

It would be something interesting to know given the huge quantities you buy.

11 minutes ago, Anio said:

Really ? Oo

But when you produce a kit, you have to deal with 100K parts, don't you ?

I suppose you take only new parts.

Can you tell what average price per part do you have ?

It would be something interesting to know given the huge quantities you buy.

The first half year i need only 500k of parts and offcourse only new parts.

The average price depents of the kits and the one of a kind models, what parts i need.

Also i never speak in public about prices and discount, but you can give me a PB.:wink:

On 7/15/2017 at 4:42 AM, JunkstyleGio said:

@Edwin Korstanje Working with you is so much fun. It makes the massive amount of time I put in for every instruction totally worth while.

Every time we do an instruction I rally get scared of the statistics:

For a 52 page instruction-book with 83 building-steps i put in:

• Total amount of hours on CAD building: 32 hours, 48 minutes  and 12 seconds.
  • Total continuous rendering time: 6 days, 19 hours and 31 minutes
  • Total amount of working hours; 240 hours and some minutes
  • Total amount of different files used to create the completed instruction (in 20 different maps:) 2.038
  • Total amount of bytes in this project: 14.338.457.600 (13.3GB)

Don't forget the countless hours of conferencing with you and the customer

and so on...

@Leonardo da Bricki Sets like these are not for sale.. Sets like these are exclusively made for specific shipyards, who sell them to their staff or their own customers. 

I love that you offer some stats here on how much time building, rendering,  takes.  I think the time aspect of our hobby is so underappreciated sometimes.

6 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I think the time aspect of our hobby is so underappreciated sometimes.

Amen to that.

Finaly all the construction kits are deliverd to my clients for these year and with 5 differents kits and counting more than 500 K of bricks for the kits , that i am complete done with it.*huh*

Lucky for me that's from now on to the spring next year only have to build 6 one of a kind and complete different models .:sweet:

Here are the last two construction kits.

For Saam Smit Mexico, Canada and Panama my biggest kit jet i have created with 1892 parts.

37916083742_9bd7a90463_c.jpg

37916054442_b501d53162_c.jpg 26165171219_ba764c7499_c.jpg 

And for Royal IHC a small construction kit with only 154 parts and is a cutter suction dredger.

37946934821_191e32d0ff_c.jpg

37906996661_6d231bc10d_c.jpg

37219980834_a17a680603_c.jpg

I wanted thanks @JunkstyleGio for his amazing instructions and renders and @jaaptechnic for his great sticker sheets.

Some projects i do take some times to make it public and here is a project i did with my buddy @JunkstyleGio for a non profit charity custom kit for the third biggest superyacht shipyard in the world. The yard AMELS from the Netherlands that support many orphan houses in Romania and wanted give them for Christmas a extra pressent with a small custom LEGO kit of one of there ships and was linked at a drawing contest for the kids for making a drawing of any ship. The winner of the contest got a enlarged painting and all the departments from AMELS and DAMEN shipyards have a copy for display the drawing. Because the request and the great idea behind it, that we operate both for free and got only payed for the purchase price of the bricks and makes hundreds of kids happy. The small custom construction kit with only 87 parts was fun and a honor to do and we have seen the pictures with all the smile on there faces that it was complete worth all the time we put in.

24322180067_52c5b3d8fb_c.jpgAmels Microship presentation 2 by VFracingteam, on Flickr