Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Completely forgot about this, but I remember wishing Flash would have yellow power blast accessories to represent his lightning throwing like in the TV show. Glad I got my wish :laugh:

I actually really like Flash's design, first glance I thought it was a 2014 rehash but I love the lightning across his torso. Can't remember if that's the New 52 or Rebirth design, but I'm a big fan

He hasn't change his suit since the New 52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Honestly you should keep in mind that whenever cyclic stress is applied to a material over a long time, microcracks can develop into cracks and make it fail by fatigue. If you do it often enough, probably swapping out legs out and back into a minifigure torso can crack it. So if you want to be 100% that your figures won't suffer that fate, you have to avoid playing with them as much as possible. If you want to enjoy them more fully, then the possibility of fatigue is something that you should accept.

Glad you mention that, I have advice for the people who make purist figures;

CUE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT ALERT!

If you want to remove arms from a figure, remove the hands first, otherwise over time the arms will crack around the hand socket

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT OVER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes unnecessary and foolish. 

Thanks everyone for using the report button. If similar issues occur again, continue to use the report button--it alerts all Mods and is the fastest way to hunt trolls. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yes unnecessary and foolish. 

Thanks everyone for using the report button. If similar issues occur again, continue to use the report button--it alerts all Mods and is the fastest way to hunt trolls. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Repeated button pressing to alert the mods? Cheers for the tip :)

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I was reading the press release and it states that Batman is in his Rebirth costume but fails to mention about killer frost in rebirth costume; maybe because it's her first appearance? We've established her Minifigure design has been strongly influenced by Rebirth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well that was just unnecessary

Wait, did that person join on a new account just to say something rude on this thread? That's pretty dumb. 

I honestly am really happy with the new sets. Disappointed about the hair on Killer Frost but I'm definitely picking all of these up on day one and I'm thrilled about the mech and helicopter builds since I had very low expectations for those! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing about the Rebirth Batman does disappoint me though, the fact that his belt is entirely gold instead of having a black belt with gold rims like the actual Rebirth costume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2017 at 3:51 AM, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Very basic designs - lego is going backwards. I can't understand why lego hasn't included leg printing and dual moulded legs - for characters with very obvious boots! It's like they get halfway through the design and just stop!

It's definitely strange...their decision to use or not use dual molded legs. Like with Superman, he got them in 76046, but not 76044. Both of which came out in the same wave, at the same time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It's definitely strange...their decision to use or not use dual molded legs. Like with Superman, he got them in 76046, but not 76044. Both of which came out in the same wave, at the same time. 

Well, 76044 was a much smaller set and we don't often get dual molded legs in sets that small. Plus, it made the one in 76046 more desirable. It's ridiculous that he's missing them in the Flying Fox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It's definitely strange...their decision to use or not use dual molded legs. Like with Superman, he got them in 76046, but not 76044. Both of which came out in the same wave, at the same time. 

All I can guess is that they are factored in at the last moment after the set design is finalized. They are probably, like many have speculated, expensive to produce; so if there is enough room for dual molded legs on any of the figures while maintaining the target price for the set, they go ahead with it. If not, then they simply forgo them. 

As far as Superman goes, I'm concerned about the lack of his traditional hairpiece in the Lobo set, instead opting for the one introduced for the DCEU verison. I hope they haven't scraped the hairpiece this early on. :distressed:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as Superman goes, I'm concerned about the lack of his traditional hairpiece in the Lobo set, instead opting for the one introduced for the DCEU verison. I hope they haven't scraped the hairpiece this early on. :distressed:

 

Surface-level, no big deal, but yeah, it kinda hurts my heart.  :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

All I can guess is that they are factored in at the last moment after the set design is finalized. They are probably, like many have speculated, expensive to produce; so if there is enough room for dual molded legs on any of the figures while maintaining the target price for the set, they go ahead with it. If not, then they simply forgo them. 

As far as Superman goes, I'm concerned about the lack of his traditional hairpiece in the Lobo set, instead opting for the one introduced for the DCEU verison. I hope they haven't scraped the hairpiece this early on. :distressed:

I guess you could buy the ones that are already made from Bricks and Pieces? That's what I'd do in your shoes.

On 14 July 2017 at 11:08 PM, 8BrickMario said:

Have we seen circular nets before?

No, don't think we have.

On 14 July 2017 at 11:40 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I really want to see clearer pictures of Cheetah, Firestorm, Lobo, and Killer Frost's other face.

Same here :sad: 

On 14 July 2017 at 11:59 PM, Captain Nemo said:

Cheetah and Reverse Flash appear to be Light Bright Orange (RF especially so). I'm unsure about Firestorm, but he looks standard yellow. 

You mean Flame Yellowish-Orange?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Krypto will probably get a similar cape to this:

6170273.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, J4ck said:

So Krypto will probably get a similar cape to this:

 

Isn't that the one from the Super Hero High School? It looks like it's the same cape on Krypto. 

Edited by Captain Nemo
Do not quote pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Superman set! Lobo looks fantastic, as does his bike! The trap is pretty neato, too, but that's not what anyone's buying the set for. Krypto looks great, my only problem being the default stern face. He's a dog. Let him enjoy it. I think the Scooby-esque mold is pretty brilliant. The big disappointment for me is Superman, who's exactly the same as ever but without his iconic hair. They make a mold exclusively for him, why would they not use it?

Cyborg's helicopter looks better than I expected it to, but that was a low bar. The Freeze Car is underwhelming, though it reminds me of the classic Mr. Freeze figure in some odd way. The figures are the real selling point, obviously, and that should do it! The new Flash prints are wonderful, and Reverse Flash is great! Boot printing would've been nice, and I don't get why they couldn't've just used the legs that they just made, since Flash isn't quite a perfect counter to Reverse Flash anyway. Cyborg's not quite as good-looking as the previous one, and his helmet printing doesn't match up with the Rebirth design they're pulling from, thanks to the blue dot, but it's nice to have. Killer Frost isn't what any of us were expecting, but she's starting to grow on me a little bit. I don't like how dark the blue they used for her skin is, and I think they should've used the coat from the Rebirth outfit they're using. The biggest let down is her hair, though, which is nowhere near as punk as it oughta be, despite having multiple other hair molds that would've worked perfectly in white. As a Flash fan, this is getting picked up quick.

That Lex mech is definitely going to take the old one's place on my shelf. The Lex minifigure is also my absolute favorite. Cheetah looks great, but some arm printing would've been appreciated. That Wonder Woman is my new default Wonder Woman for certain, with all the best qualities of the DCEU Diana but with a bit more comic book faithfulness. It would've been nice to get her bracers printed on, even if it was the same piece DCEU Wonder Woman used, but that's at least manageable. I don't like Rebirth Batman's costume, but the minifig looks rather nice and is a nice variant to have, although I don't know why he has Affleck's stubble. Firestorm looks pretty great. I'm confused as to why they would use Jason Rusch instead of Ronnie, who's a major character in Justice League Action, or even Jax from Legends of Tomorrow, unless it simply is because he's the only Firestorm to not require any special legs :laugh: I don't mind too much, though, since it's easy to modify what they gave us to fit the Firestorm of our choosing. Flash head and old flaming head piece for Ronnie, Hank Pym legs and some black or red hands for Jax. 

Overall, this is a pretty nice wave that makes my nerdy little heart happy! A lot more new prints and pieces than I expected, even if they don't all hit the mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ill be getting all 3 sets for sure I do appreciate all the extra green bits in the lobo v krypto and superman set

I don't read any comics i only follow the animated shows like young justice and justice league for my superhero knowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to sound ungrateful but how do we not have inf on the other two DC MMs? We were given info on just one but not the rest? What's the point of that? That's so annoying! Rant over.

The set with Lex goes with the set Lobo is in according to the press release.

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Isn't that the one from the Super Hero High School? It looks like it's the same cape on Krypto. 

Yes it is from the Super Hero High School. I was on Bricks and Pieces today and saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J4ck said:

The set with Lex goes with the set Lobo is in according to the press release.

Yeah, the batteries in each of the 3 sets attach to Lex's mech on the arms and battle axe. http://kastorskorner.com/wp/lego-reveals-2018-dc-superheroes-sets/hyperfocal-0-5/

 

I'm a bit late to the party, so I'll keep this brief.

The builds look pretty good IMO, excluding the ice car, definitely some of the better ones in this line.

Figures look good, nothing great though.  The hair piece choices on Cheetah and Frost look odd to say the least, but those can be easily swapped for better ones.  Liking the prints (especially Frost, on whom I seem to be the minority.  Never been a big fan on Reverse Flash so I may just brinklink her).  I am disappointed that not a single figure this wave has leg printing yet alone molded boots.  I understand they want to keep the costs down seeing as these are smaller sets, but still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, J4ck said:

I guess you could buy the ones that are already made from Bricks and Pieces? That's what I'd do in your shoes.

Well, it not that I need one, it's that I am still hoping that we will see new recolors of that particular hairpiece. It repurposes nicely for other custom figure designs, but also I would like to see it done in different shades of brown, blond, and red before the part is eventually retired.

But having said all that, maybe that hairpiece might be licensed to WB, making any reusage beyond its original purpose out of the question. But I don't know that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, it not that I need one, it's that I am still hoping that we will see new recolors of that particular hairpiece. It repurposes nicely for other custom figure designs, but also I would like to see it done in different shades of brown, blond, and red before the part is eventually retired.

But having said all that, maybe that hairpiece might be licensed to WB, making any reusage beyond its original purpose out of the question. But I don't know that for sure.

I doubt it's licensed to solely WB, it was reused in an orangish color on an archer minifigure from the team gb cmf series. Other than that, we can only guess that they simply decided to budget certain pieces to save costs, like they've been doing to Lex Luthor by giving him 2012 Bruce Wayne's head for the third time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I doubt it's licensed to solely WB, it was reused in an orangish color on an archer minifigure from the team gb cmf series. Other than that, we can only guess that they simply decided to budget certain pieces to save costs, like they've been doing to Lex Luthor by giving him 2012 Bruce Wayne's head for the third time.

Wow, I wasn't even aware of that CMF! Thanks for mentioning it, I guess that premise is out the window now.

I must say, that hairpiece does work well in orange!

th?id=OIP.pI8TBcj-kK7k-vfbmIYaOAEsEs&pid=15.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About time we get a bit more variety with the DC sets, nice to see that only one contains Batman and the rest are loaded with other characters :)
I wonder if the submissions on LEGO Ideas for CW sets nudged TLG into creating Reverse Flash, Frost and Firestorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kizmoz said:

About time we get a bit more variety with the DC sets, nice to see that only one contains Batman and the rest are loaded with other characters :)
I wonder if the submissions on LEGO Ideas for CW sets nudged TLG into creating Reverse Flash, Frost and Firestorm

Could be. If nothing else, they've had a much higher public presence since the CW used each heavily, and since we got members of the Suicide Squad when there was more of a public spotlight on them, that could've been TLG watching the public (and us fans) to see who'd be in high demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kizmoz said:

About time we get a bit more variety with the DC sets, nice to see that only one contains Batman and the rest are loaded with other characters :)

That is a great point! This is the most unbatman series since 2015. A very welcome change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.