Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

What an interesting set.. can't complain about a pretty unique looking Batman minifigure.  Was looking for more parademons for army building also.  Hopefully the build will be passable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that is one of the most unexpected, but pleasant, surprises in a long while. Even if it was tied in to some of Zack Snyder's cut Justice League content, it's still a year late. Won't stop me from getting it, though! The printed goggles are neat, and such detailed legs are a nice surprise. Anyone have a clue how we're getting it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Well, that is one of the most unexpected, but pleasant, surprises in a long while. Even if it was tied in to some of Zack Snyder's cut Justice League content, it's still a year late. Won't stop me from getting it, though! The printed goggles are neat, and such detailed legs are a nice surprise. Anyone have a clue how we're getting it?

The Lego Shop online for certain. Available from 1st August for £10.99 here in the UK. It wasn’t under New, but put Knightmare into the search and you should find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very glad this little set is coming out, the Nightmare suit is nice and more parademons are always welcome. While I abhor the Justice League film, Parademons might be one of my favorite generic alien army figures that Lego has ever made. 

I'd love a similar mining pack with a Jared Leto variant of the Joker, given that he probably won't be showing up in any movie any time soon, considering the solo Batfleck movie seems to be in something of development hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

I'd love a similar mining pack with a Jared Leto variant of the Joker, given that he probably won't be showing up in any movie any time soon, considering the solo Batfleck movie seems to be in something of development hell.

Other than his own Joker movie and quite possibly Suicide Squad 2, you mean? Unless I have drastically misjudged them, I don’t see Lego making a Leto Joker due to the sheer number of tattoos and the subject of some of them. I know there are bootlegs, and I know that Lego tattoos exist, but I just don’t think they would do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Other than his own Joker movie and quite possibly Suicide Squad 2, you mean? Unless I have drastically misjudged them, I don’t see Lego making a Leto Joker due to the sheer number of tattoos and the subject of some of them. I know there are bootlegs, and I know that Lego tattoos exist, but I just don’t think they would do it.

Suicide Squad Harley is going to be in TLM2 apparently so maybe a figure of her is within the realm if possibility. Maybe her and SS Joker in a little pack together? But yeah the tats may pose a problem. Lego didn’t even print them for Aquaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 3:46 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

Weirdly the aquaman set is already up on targets app for purchase. The dcpi for the set is 204-00-2187.

I'm not surprised.  It was available at Comic Con.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm if the new Batwoman head piece is white? Im talking about the one in Brother Eye Takedown

Edited by Mountain Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Can anyone confirm if the new Batwoman head piece is white? Im talking about the one in Brother Eye Takedown

As someone who owns both that and the Talon set, I can confirm that it is indeed white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

As someone who owns both that and the Talon set, I can confirm that it is indeed white

Thats a bit of a disappointment, I was hoping to use some of these new pieces for my customs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Suicide Squad Harley is going to be in TLM2 apparently so maybe a figure of her is within the realm if possibility. Maybe her and SS Joker in a little pack together? But yeah the tats may pose a problem. Lego didn’t even print them for Aquaman.

Is that why there was no shirtless Aquaman picture? I was really hoping for 2 Aquaman sets for both shirtless and classic suit versions, but I didn't know Lego had anything against Tattoos. Is that a similar rule to their 'no guns' rule? I know there's been a CMF with a tattoo arm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingSpoozle said:

Is that why there was no shirtless Aquaman picture? I was really hoping for 2 Aquaman sets for both shirtless and classic suit versions, but I didn't know Lego had anything against Tattoos. Is that a similar rule to their 'no guns' rule? I know there's been a CMF with a tattoo arm

I don’t think LEGO has anything against tattoos. There have been multiple CMF with tattoos including as recently as the Ninjago series. They probably didn’t make shirtless Aquaman because they’ve only made one set.

They also don’t have a blanket “no guns” rule. They just don’t make guns in a contemporary civilian or military setting, though guns seem to be allowed in historic or fantasy settings and there have been military-type sets as part of a License (Indiana Jones, at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were also guns in the Batman Movie theme. Which means superheroes themes are not included in the no-guns rule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

 I know there's been a CMF with a tattoo arm

Lego Motorcycle Mechanic - Complete SetLego Arm, Left with Red Flames Tattoo Pattern

The minifig is called Motorcycle Mechanic, he was in Series 10 CMF, which came out way back in 2013

Lego Battle Dwarf - Complete Set with StandLego Arm, Right with Yellow Short Sleeve and Dragon Pattern

Another one you could be thinking of is Battle Dwarf, who was in Series 17, which came out just last year. So I don't think Lego has rules against tattoos.

Edited by Mountain Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mountain Drew dang, I was thinking of the CMF pirate who has an anchor tattoo. Anyway, I don’t think it’s tats per se, but I do think if the subject of a shirtless Leto Joker came up then it would be quickly taken off the table. A bit like why a shirtless Jack Sparrow never appeared, but with a more psychotic bent. I don’t see them having the same issue with Aquaman because his tats are Maori inspired and (unless there’s something hidden in there) harmless. In short I would narrow it down to two factors - scale and content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maui from Moana also has tattoos, and Darth Maul and Savage Opress both canonically have face tattoos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drax has tattoos all over his torso, so I don't think it would be a problem to make a shirtless Aquaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think its the tattoos, it probably has something to do with masculinity and how Lego has always taken a stance against that kind of stuff, like how they originally didn't make gray pieces because they didn't want children to build tanks. Heck, I think the closest thing we've gotten to military-based themes is Star Wars. Plus, Suicide Squad didn't get any sets in the first place, because of how violent some of the characters were. But maybe we could see some variation of Joker with tattoos in a future set. We've already gotten tattooed arms in Joker's Low Rider from LBM. As for Aquaman, I think Lego probably thought it would be better if they made a minifig of him in his costume (or armor) like what he seems to be wearing most of the movie, instead of a version of him shirtless and covered in tattoos, which we'll probably see in only a couple of scenes.

I could be wrong though, maybe some Lego designers just have something against guys who are built (pun intended)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I don't think its the tattoos, it probably has something to do with masculinity and how Lego has always taken a stance against that kind of stuff, like how they originally didn't make gray pieces because they didn't want children to build tanks. Heck, I think the closest thing we've gotten to military-based themes is Star Wars. Plus, Suicide Squad didn't get any sets in the first place, because of how violent some of the characters were. But maybe we could see some variation of Joker with tattoos in a future set. We've already gotten tattooed arms in Joker's Low Rider from LBM. As for Aquaman, I think Lego probably thought it would be better if they made a minifig of him in his costume (or armor) like what he seems to be wearing most of the movie, instead of a version of him shirtless and covered in tattoos, which we'll probably see in only a couple of scenes.

I could be wrong though, maybe some Lego designers just have something against guys who are built (pun intended)

Have you seen the ridiculous muscles on these superhero figures? Even Riddler was as buff as Superman in 2012 for some reason. I'm not sure it's masculinity they're against as much as modern gun/war violence, which is why it's a treat to get a tommy gun or Indiana Jones pistol nowadays.

I think Joker's tattoos wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for a few of them like the arrow through a robin and a knife stabbing a bat symbol. Even then there are plenty of other outfits that'd be suitable for a figure like the tuxedo or the outfit where he's got a purple coat (with no shirt to show tattoos), Batman tights, and those weird Booster Gold shorts. Both outfits arguably had more screentime than him being shirtless anyway, like Aquaman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a pretty good set for $30, you get 3 exclusive figs and a bunch of useful pieces, but Im gonna wait until it goes on sale before getting it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I previously wasn't 100% on Aquaman's armor musculature, especially with the gap in the breastplate, but looking at it in that video, I actually quite like how they did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2018 at 4:31 AM, Duncan Young said:

As someone who owns both that and the Talon set, I can confirm that it is indeed white

How did you get it before the street date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I got it at a Legoland a few days ago. They had it and the brother eye set.

Ahhh fair play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.