Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 7/19/2018 at 2:49 AM, RedHoodPug said:

This Aquaman movie looks like it could give Lego the ok to dig out the Atlantis figures. Some of the characters revealed really lend themselves to a minifigure. I do like the sub, even if they went with a generic shark to match the one in the poster.

@retrotaco nice Raven. Looks good.

Wouldn't get your hopes up. 3 Thor movies in and still no Asgardian soldiers, no Odin, no Sif & the Warriors 3...

Honestly not a fan of the sub. It seems too bricky when it should be smooth. Mera's printing is really nice, but I can't stand that hairpiece on any fig. Honestly a bit of an uninspired set overall. There are a lot of cool characters from the trailer that could've been made and here we get two variants and just one new one. Maybe another set could rectify this problem. 

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

Wouldn't get your hopes up. 3 Thor movies in and still no Asgardian soldiers, no Odin, no Sif & the Warriors 3...

3 Thor movies in and only two sets from one of them, but then one of them was Dark World. BvS didn’t give us Doomsday either. I’ve not got my hopes up at all, more surprised at the (potentially) missed opportunity for fantastic figures. 

After that trailer I really want an Orm figure and I wish that we had gotten an Atlantis set. Also, Mera’s hair is bright red so why did Lego give her an orange hairpiece??

Love the new Aquaman set. The sub looks a bit more compact compared to the last one but the design looks great and the play features don't detract from its appearance. The movie version of Black Manta looks even cooler than the comic version and I love the realistic take on Aquaman's classic costume. I agree Mera's hairpiece is a letdown - both the color and the overused mold, but aside from that I'm pretty happy with the rest of the figure.

Bit late but here are my thoughts on the new Aquaman movie set. Well I think the new figures are good, that's about it. The sub is a boring black mess with only a cockpit making it a very boring vehicle, honestly I liked the one from the 2015 set better. I was hoping for some cool side build Atlantis structures but none are to been seen. Easy skip considering I got last year's Atlantis set. 

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Also, Mera’s hair is bright red so why did Lego give her an orange hairpiece??

Preliminary concept art from Warner Brothers, perhaps? After all, think back to the brick-built Ares figure we got for the Wonder Woman set last year. 

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Preliminary concept art from Warner Brothers, perhaps? After all, think back to the brick-built Ares figure we got for the Wonder Woman set last year. 

Maybe, but her hair in Justice League was also much redder than the color they chose. 

6 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

It's a good thing that the Poison Ivy minifigure from next year has the perfect hair to give to Mera.

True, and that is the first time we've seen a Bright Red recolor of that particular hairpiece in a normal retail set, minus the prints that is. Back in 2012, the SDCC exclusive Phoenix figure donned one without prints, while the Poison Ivy figure in that same year's Batcave set wore one with green leaf prints.

10 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

It's a good thing that the Poison Ivy minifigure from next year has the perfect hair to give to Mera.

Yup, especially since Ivy's hairpiece from TLBM is soooooo good.

Its kind of crazy they’re releasing it this late after BvS (and also how that plot point went nowhere really) but I love the new Batman, Joker card, and getting more Parademons. I wonder what the small build included is, looks like a laser or launcher of some sort.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Its kind of crazy they’re releasing it this late after BvS (and also how that plot point went nowhere really) but I love the new Batman, Joker card, and getting more Parademons. I wonder what the small build included is, looks like a laser or launcher of some sort.

It’s a Turret 

While I like this pack a lot I honestly find it very strange that Lego is releasing it. First reason being the BvS has been out for quite some time now, secondly because the scene where Batman wears this outfit was pretty grim and definitely not child friendly. It is also pretty baffling how this came out of nowhere. I really think that Lego should do a better job with how they advertise new releases.

Most of us only learn of new stuff coming up by having leaks etc. but nowadays it isn't uncommon for a new set to suddenly appear in stores with no single form of advertising it at all, you'd think people would want to know if a new set gets released in time so they can save up for it/children can put it on their wish lists.

This LEGO BVS pack is so random but actually amazing. That Batman minifigure is loaded with detail and I’m guessing has dual molded legs. I didn’t care for the movie but I’ll definitely pick this up. 

:wub_drool: I am drooling over that Knightmare Batman pack. I always loved the design (and I'm probably the only one here that actually loved the Ultimate Edition of the movie), and the fact that it comes with a cheap way to get two Parademons (traditional green ones too, instead of the weird yellow ones from the JL sets), and a small Joker card print, it's perfect.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

13 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

:wub_drool: I am drooling over that Knightmare Batman pack. I always loved the design (and I'm probably the only one here that actually loved the Ultimate Edition of the movie), and the fact that it comes with a cheap way to get two Parademons (traditional green ones too, instead of the weird yellow ones from the JL sets), and a small Joker card print, it's perfect.

Your not alone in liking the ultimate edition of bvs

I will be ordering this September 1st as soon as i get up.. I know bvs had flaws but i still love this scene

This is one of the strangest releases I've seen from Lego. Not complaining, because that Batman looks amazing, but everything about it seems odd. Wonder when it'll be on S@H.

10 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Your not alone in liking the ultimate edition of bvs

I will be ordering this September 1st as soon as i get up.. I know bvs had flaws but i still love this scene

Always nice to meet another fan.

And I noticed that this is the first time since the original Lego Batman line where we're getting a Joker card piece, the previous one only ever appeared in the first Batwing set (I don't count the one that the Jester had in the Minifigures Series 12 line). About time, that old one was getting expensive on Bricklink.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

10 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

This is one of the strangest releases I've seen from Lego. Not complaining, because that Batman looks amazing, but everything about it seems odd. Wonder when it'll be on S@H.

It’s one shop at home for a September release date

Didn't think we'd ever get a Knightmare Batman, let alone his gun with the obscure detail of a Joker card strapped to it. The detail on him is perfect, they even printed goggles on his cowl too.

Any chance of getting one of these for Suicide Squad next year? :tongue:

That's pretty neat. I'm glad that it's the green Parademons too; I only have the yellow ones from the Aquaman set.

2 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This LEGO BVS pack is so random but actually amazing. That Batman minifigure is loaded with detail and I’m guessing has dual molded legs. I didn’t care for the movie but I’ll definitely pick this up. 

My sentiments exactly. Though I do have a theory as to why it's popping up now. 

The Lego Movie Sequel. I've taken another look at Batman's 'knightmare', and . . well, it looks a hell of a lot like Apocalypseburg. We're just missing some giant Duplo monsters. And you can't deny that Knightmare Batman looks like he'd fit right in in Apocalypseburg. 

It might be a bit of a stretch, but it's all I've got. And I'll definitely at least consider getting it, because that Batsuit looks sick

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

This is one of the strangest releases I've seen from Lego. Not complaining, because that Batman looks amazing, but everything about it seems odd.

Hmmm, I'm sorta thinking that Lego only did this pack to get rid of some surplus Parademon figures they had left over from unsold Justice League sets. I guess then they also figured that the best way to get rid of them would be to place them in a cheap accessory pack with a highly desirable new figure, hence Knightmare Bats. 

As for what I think of this new Knightmare figure, yeah, I'm kinda digging him, especially with that newly printed cowl of his! Besides, a trenchcoated Batman figure is seemingly the closest thing we've got so far to a Gotham by Gaslight variant of Batman. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well: