Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

8 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

maybe hes teasing something for SDCC and using that as a stand in

Yes, I guess wouldn't discount that as a possibility either myself. :shrug_oh_well:

I hope not, it annoys me when characters are only available from comic-cons and a grossly inflated aftermarket. 

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I hope not, it annoys me when characters are only available from comic-cons and a grossly inflated aftermarket. 

Same here, or store exclusives from a place like Target (UK collector here). I was lucky to get Conner Kent for a reasonable price shortly after he was released.

I've always felt exclusives punish collectors rather than reward them. It assumes those who are interested are a) able to get to the desired place or b) know someone who could. The only exception is if it's a variant of a character who's already been released, or soon will. I wanted to get the Beerus Funko Pop from SDCC 2016, only to realise it was metallic, implying a normal one would be released at some point in the future. I was able to get the normal one, allowing me to have Beerus in my collection.

Back when I collected Minimates, I remember how all SDCC would be released on various online stores a few weeks later, meaning I could get them for a reasonable price which, again, felt fairer to me as I still had a chance to get what I wanted.

15 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It’s frustrating. COMMUNISM WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Like the solo sdcc set we saw yesterday, lego is doing one for aquaman. It comes with a aquaman figure and a couple animal builds 

39 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Like the solo sdcc set we saw yesterday, lego is doing one for aquaman. It comes with a aquaman figure and a couple animal builds 

It's interesting that this Aquaman figure dons a Draco Malfoy hairpiece instead of his typical Bright Yellow "skateboarder" hairpiece.

31 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's interesting that this Aquaman figure dons a Draco Malfoy hairpiece instead of his typical Bright Yellow "skateboarder" hairpiece.

I quite like it. Unless I’m sadly mistaken there is nothing unique about this set that can’t be replicated with regular parts. And we have Storm. If there is no other exclusive figure then even better.

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I think it's supposed to mimic his classic appearance from the old Filmation 1967 Aquaman cartoon/Super Friends cartoon, given that the box is supposed to be a VHS tape box that would be from around that period (though now that I look at it, Fred's hairpiece from Scooby-Doo would've fit a lot better).

Edited by MisterBatfleck

On 6/20/2018 at 3:46 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Me too.

21 hours ago, J4ck said:

It’s frustrating. COMMUNISM WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

I know, right?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Remote Controlled Batmobile seems to have an Arkham-verse inspired batsuit which is exclusive to the set. Pretty unfortunate that its so expensive...

55 minutes ago, ProfessorHawk said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Remote Controlled Batmobile seems to have an Arkham-verse inspired batsuit which is exclusive to the set. Pretty unfortunate that its so expensive...

The price isn not as bad as we initially thought.

$100 is alright.

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

$100 is alright.

300 pieces for £100? even with the motor functions and exclusive batman thats not alright

15 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

300 pieces for £100? even with the motor functions and exclusive batman thats not alright

Actually it is, brand new battery hub with built in Bluetooth AND two motors, with four big wheels.

The Batmobile would be much better without all of the new motor technology.  More affordable.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

The Batmobile would be much better without all of the new motor technology.  More affordable.

Then it misses the point of being app controlled, so they should have just have well made a regular Batmobile, which they can do anytime for less. I think given that it is minifigure scale - which it didn’t have to be - they have done a good job incorporating the power supply in the model. Plus we get the fig and the new bat elements in another colour.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Then it misses the point of being app controlled, so they should have just have well made a regular Batmobile, which they can do anytime for less. I think given that it is minifigure scale - which it didn’t have to be - they have done a good job incorporating the power supply in the model. Plus we get the fig and the new bat elements in another colour.

The bat pieces are in titanium metallic. Plus it has stud shooters so it’s automatically tonnes better.

First 2019 set has been revealed!!!

LEGO_SDCC_2018_Batman_vs_Ivy.jpeg?qualit

LEGO_SDCC_2018_Poisin_Ivy.jpeg?quality=8LEGO_SDCC_2018_Fire_Fly.jpeg?quality=85&LEGO_SDCC_2018_Batman.jpeg?quality=85&stLEGO_SDCC_2018_The_Flash.jpeg?quality=85

76117 – Batman™ Mech vs. Poison Ivy™ Mech

Launching January 1, 2019

Piece count 375

Price $39.99

Age 7+

• Includes 4 minifigures: Batman™, Poison Ivy™, The Flash™ and Firefly .
  • Batman™ Mech features an opening minifigure cockpit, posable arms and legs, gripping hands to grab a minifigure, dual stud shooter, spinning saw blade and a retractable net shooter
  • Poison Ivy™ Mech features a minifigure cockpit, stud shooter, posable branch ‘arms’, gripping poison ivy leaf ‘hand’ to grab a minifigure and collapse function.
  • Knock over the Poison Ivy™ Mech with the saw blade.
  • Includes 10 assorted new-for-December-2018 translucent-orange Power Burst elements to customize your builds, minifigures and tools.

Source: Batman News

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

23 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

First 2019 set has been revealed!!!

Well that was quite out of the blue! :oh3:

I'm still taking in all the details, but upon first impressions, it's a typical looking DC set by any standards I think (that mech's not bad looking), but it's nice to see them give Flash some dual-molded legs for that matter! Poison Ivy is surprisingly plain looking, and Firefly has a new helmet? Um, was that supposed to have been designed in mind for him, or someone/something else? Voltron pilots perhaps? :shrug_confused:

Batman’s mech is nice but I don’t like Ivy’s. It’s like they just gave her a bunch of plants and decided to call it a mech. I like that she’s getting a new figure but it looks plain without leg printing and I don’t understand why they’re using Mantis’s face and that hairpiece in regular red when they have one with the leaves printed on it for Ivy. I didn’t even think it was a real set when I saw it on Instagram. 

13 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I like that she’s getting a new figure but it looks plain without leg printing and I don’t understand why they’re using Mantis’s face and that hairpiece in regular red when they have one with the leaves printed on it for Ivy. 

To me, her simplicity seems to evoke her original debut minifigure from 2006. :shrug_oh_well:

Glad to see we're finally getting Firefly, but (and whilst I do appreciate the dual mold legs), why another Flash so soon? Could we not mix it up with either a new Leaguer or just a new variant of a previous one?