Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What the... *huh*

Does app enabled mean that this is an RC controlled Batmobile? Or is it something gimmicky like Nexo Knights or Ultra Agents?

Sounds like it's an actual remote control vehicle, but the remote has to be downloaded onto a portable device. As far as I'm aware this is the first time LEGO has done a RC vehicle outside of the City train or Technic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Sounds like it's an actual remote control vehicle, but the remote has to be downloaded onto a portable device. As far as I'm aware this is the first time LEGO has done a RC vehicle outside of the City train or Technic

Well, if that's the case, then that must mean that Lego would be introducing a Power Functions 2.0 this summer with Wi-Fi connectivity. Or, Lego has managed to incorporate reprogrammed Mindstorms/Boost components into a playset build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I shouldn't be surprised about more Batman sets, even this soon after TLBM wrapping up. Did not expect Arkham Knight though! I assume that means the Batmobile will be the one from that game. Comes as a shock to me. The Arkham games were really popular but they wrapped up years ago and are outside Lego's usual age range. Hopefully the RC function won't be too distracting from the actual build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Arkham knight actually comes with the royal talons sets. It would be cool to see how they do his figure. I wonder if it will come with court of owls 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What incredible news! Seeing as the Arkham games are my all-time favorite game series, I'd love to see Arkham Knight designs,  in the Batmobile, Batman's suit, or characters. I'd reaaaally like to see the Arkham Knight himself, since this would probably be the only point we'd get him. Of course, Talons are great too, and even make sense if it's with a remote controlled Batmobile: they could survive getting hit by it, due to their powers!

And Brother Eye sounds like a potential playset, so all power to that! OMACs could make great generic army-building 'figs, if included. Maybe we'd get a Ted Kord, if Lego's keeping up the dark sense of humor shown in the Vacation Joker. :wink:

Edited by PepperoniBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was unexpected. I didn't think we'd ever see the Arkham Knight Batmobile show up (though am I the only one who prefers the Arkham Asylum version more?).

And by Talon, are we talking about the assassins for the Court of Owls? Cause I always wanted one of those as a minifigure, and it looks like my wish is coming true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MisterBatfleck said:

This was unexpected. I didn't think we'd ever see the Arkham Knight Batmobile show up (though am I the only one who prefers the Arkham Asylum version more?).

And by Talon, are we talking about the assassins for the Court of Owls? Cause I always wanted one of those as a minifigure, and it looks like my wish is coming true.

Sounds like those Talons. :classic:

Arkham Asylum had a good Batmobile, but since it was a fairly standard design, it's so similar to others we have I doubt we'd ever see it as the basis for a new model. The AK version, by comparison, is still highly stylized and newer, so I can believe it. What surprises me most is that the main Batmobile in the Ultimate Batmobile is somewhat AK-ish in design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always saw the Asylum Batmobile as what would happen if you mixed the Burton Batmobile with The Animated Series Batmobile (and maybe a small bit of inspiration from Nolan's Tumbler with how rugged it looked), but I get what you mean about the AK version being chosen instead, it's very unique.

Now I wonder if this one will be able to convert into a Battle Mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I always saw the Asylum Batmobile as what would happen if you mixed the Burton Batmobile with The Animated Series Batmobile (and maybe a small bit of inspiration from Nolan's Tumbler with how rugged it looked), but I get what you mean about the AK version being chosen instead, it's very unique.

Now I wonder if this one will be able to convert into a Battle Mode...

Battle mode and if they would allow for the additional passenger seats right at the back. To do it right it would need to be 500 plus pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TT Games and Lego did make a really good recreation of it as a display model for LB3, maybe they'll use that as inspiration?

B2Z4i3YIcAAzKb_.png

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brickshow is at again: 

76111 Batman: Brother Eye Takedown: 2 different batman and a third figure, build is a batwing and a multi armed eye

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons: batman, possibly ace the bat hound, and 2 talons. Build is a side car type thing

Edited by Falconfan1414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons: batman, possibly ace the bat hound, and 2 talons. Build is a side car type thing

Ace the Bat Hound? Cool! :smug:

But, what's up with the build description? Is this "side car type thing" a side build to the Arkham Batmobile, or is the Batmobile being described there as such?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Ace the Bat Hound? Cool! :smug:

But, what's up with the build description? Is this "side car type thing" a side build to the Arkham Batmobile, or is the Batmobile being described there as such?

Separate sets I think. We don't really know anything that comes in the Arkham Batmobile yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brickshow is at again: 

76111 Batman: Brother Eye Takedown: 2 different batman and a third figure, build is a batwing and a multi armed eye

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons: batman, possibly ace the bat hound, and 2 talons. Build is a side car type thing

Interesting; I wonder what "2 different Batman" figures could be. Alternate suit? Another Bat-ally, such as Batwoman, the Signal, or Batwing (the guy, not the plane)? The multi-armed eye sounds exactly what I figured they would do for Brother Eye.

As for the other, I was wondering if they'd be doing an Ace the Bat-Hound, since they did Krypto as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Duncan Young said:

Separate sets I think. We don't really know anything that comes in the Arkham Batmobile yet

Oh, really? I was under the impression this whole time that it was the same set, based upon this post:

15 hours ago, latenightguy said:

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons (76112 is also listed as the Arkham Knight Batmobile)

 

Just now, PepperoniBricks said:

Interesting; I wonder what "2 different Batman" figures could be. Alternate suit? Another Bat-ally, such as Batwoman, the Signal, or Batwing (the guy, not the plane)?

Hmm, I could see Batwing being the "other Batman".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, really? I was under the impression this whole time that it was the same set, based upon this post:

 

Hmm, I could see Batwing being the "other Batman".

I had assumed that was just an error in the numbering of the sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I had assumed that was just an error in the numbering of the sets

Well, if that may be the case, then a large, UCS scaled model could make sense for a RC set. Presumably, I would guess such a set would be Technic constructed as opposed to System constructed for the sake of weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Interesting; I wonder what "2 different Batman" figures could be. Alternate suit? Another Bat-ally, such as Batwoman, the Signal, or Batwing (the guy, not the plane)? The multi-armed eye sounds exactly what I figured they would do for Brother Eye.

As for the other, I was wondering if they'd be doing an Ace the Bat-Hound, since they did Krypto as well.

Here is a question. Have there ever been 2 batman at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Here is a question. Have there ever been 2 batman at the same time?

Kind of. Batman Inc established "Batmen" all over the globe, and Dick Grayson was still Batman for a time after Bruce returned from the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Here is a question. Have there ever been 2 batman at the same time?

Just before the New 52 both Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson operated as Batman. Dick was the more “traditional” Batman, dealing with crimes around Gotham while Bruce worked closely with the Batman Incorperated organisation

Edited by Duncan Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Here is a question. Have there ever been 2 batman at the same time?

When Bruce took down Azrael Batman at the end of Knightfall. Granted only for a short spell. When Bruce got a dose of Omega Beam there was Battle for the Cowl with Dick, Jason and Tim arguing over who should be the next Dark Knight, and as @PepperoniBricks said, Batman Inc. had Bruce in overall command while Dick was Batman of Gotham. There may have been others but my books are up a whole flight of stairs.

I’ve been Citizened!

Edited by RedHoodPug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Signal, who is apparently Batman's daytime counterpart, is a pretty new character who would be cool to see as a minifigure. If we did, he'd probably don the short eared cowl recolored in Bright Yellow with prints, much like Lego did with Adam West Batman's cowl.

Edit: Oh yeah, such a figure could also potentially give us dual molded Black legs with Bright Yellow boots.

th?id=OIP.WtQ1pPRcFLSlBG7ywtTOQgHaE8&pid

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Signal, who is apparently Batman's daytime counterpart, is a pretty new character who would be cool to see as a minifigure. If we did, he'd probably don the short eared cowl recolored in Bright Yellow with prints, much like Lego did with Adam West Batman's cowl.

Edit: Oh yeah, such a figure could also potentially give us dual molded Black legs with Bright Yellow boots.

th?id=OIP.WtQ1pPRcFLSlBG7ywtTOQgHaE8&pid

I would be so down with Signal. Duke is one of my favorite new Bat-family members in such a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.