Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Now that I've put together Aquaman's set, I have to say, the minifigures are quite striking in hand. They catch the light just right, especially on Aquaman's armor scales and Mera, and Black Manta truly looks like the badass he is. And the set is solid too; the sub feels the part in-hand, and looks menacing. No stray colors creep through from interior bricks like the sets in this range often have to deal with. Well worth a pick-up.

Good to know.  I was thinking about getting it when I see it.  I definitely like the figs.  Hope to see it in stores soon.   

Just picked up the Brother Eye set today. Does anyone actually have a clue why Batwoman has a white head? 

Also I find it funny they include the original Batarang when the new Bat based pieces are introduced in this wave :laugh:

Batwoman is normally colored with really pale skin in the comics, especially her own title.

Batwoman_Final_blog_5b69d5bf54b1b9.91624

There isn't an in-universe reason as far as I know, but it makes for a really striking design. She's not the only one either; Katana and Raven sometimes have a similar complexion (as on both of their minifigures). I'm really excited for this figure, and the Brother Eye set as a whole. I wasn't around when these were revealed, but I'm getting the sense people aren't huge fans? I guess the subject matter is a little obscure, but I like the Batwing, Batwoman is gorgeous, and Brother Eye is a cool concept. This wave is riddled with some weird choices though....

Batwoman, Ace and Hellbat armor are good figs, but the new sets suck and the villain in brother eye is way too obscure in my opinion. We still are missing a lot of more popular villains. Still bought them of course

Edited by jackepicster

On 8/7/2018 at 12:33 AM, BaneShake said:

No stray colors creep through from interior bricks like the sets in this range often have to deal with. Well worth a pick-up.

Do you or anyone else know why LEGO puts in strange-coloured interior bricks in their builds? Thanks

So the Knightmare Batman Set was supposed to be released August 1st in the U.K. I haven’t seen it in any Lego stores yet

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

So the Knightmare Batman Set was supposed to be released August 1st in the U.K. I haven’t seen it in any Lego stores yet

its not on the website either, which sucks

2 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

Do you or anyone else know why LEGO puts in strange-coloured interior bricks in their builds? Thanks

Easier to see where to put a brick. On the printed instructions, putting black bricks on black bricks (etc) too hard to visually distinguish.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

It seems it is already out of stock : | I was able to get one on the 1st of August at shop at home. Type knightmare batman in the browser at lego store and it should appear

45 minutes ago, KZB said:

It seems it is already out of stock : | I was able to get one on the 1st of August at shop at home. Type knightmare batman in the browser at lego store and it should appear

I mean in store, I’ve been to multiple since then and it strangely hasn’t appeared.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I mean in store, I’ve been to multiple since then and it strangely hasn’t appeared.

In a bittersweet way I’m glad it’s not just me seeing this, but cheesed that it’s happened.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:04 AM, RobbieHxC said:

I think it's just to make it easier for kids to find all the pieces to put it together. Of course, since they're usually bigger 2x4 bricks, or something around that size, I'm not sure how hard they'd be to find, but who knows?

Found a speed build of the Knightmare Batman accessory pack and IMO it's worth it just for the Knightmare Batman minifigure alone, he's even got arm printing! And that Joker tile piece is perfect, even if it did take them 12 years to decide to make a new one.

Edited by MisterBatfleck

On 8/8/2018 at 12:43 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

Just picked up the Brother Eye set today. Does anyone actually have a clue why Batwoman has a white head? 

Also I find it funny they include the original Batarang when the new Bat based pieces are introduced in this wave :laugh:

I really don’t get what the new bat pieces are supposed to be. They all look weird and useless in builds to me. 

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I really don’t get what the new bat pieces are supposed to be. They all look weird and useless in builds to me. 

i think theyre all weird and useless either way,

Sadly, it won't let me put in a back order, so I'll just have to be patient.

The one thing I can't stand (and it was in the JL sets too) is that they just slapped a 1x2 tile over the wings of the Parademons instead of smaller circle plates, or even round studs. The big gray bar is just plain ugly.

Any UK peeps who are on the fence about the Batmobile, Amazon have it at £66.99 right now. Oh, and they have Rage of Atlantis for pre-order in October. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Hey guys how long is the knightmare pack available for on the website? 

Is it limited?

Usually, these types of packs are available for a while. As long as you order within a couple of months, they're usually available. I'll be ordering at first availability for myself.

Does anyone in the US know when the video game with the Lex promo is released?

8 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

Hey i ordered the new Lex Luthor Mech is it good? is it worth it?

It’s a really good mech, Batman’s jet pack is what it is, and all new/exclusive figures. No complaints here.