Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

This Aquaman movie looks like it could give Lego the ok to dig out the Atlantis figures. Some of the characters revealed really lend themselves to a minifigure. I do like the sub, even if they went with a generic shark to match the one in the poster.

@retrotaco nice Raven. Looks good.

Okay, seen the Aquaman set . . . I suppose, objectively, it's alright. Just . . I was hoping for some structure. Something that I could use to build up an Atlantis display. So this disappoints me . . but I'll have to get it anyway for Mera. Unless there actually is a second set coming? Here's hoping, 

Damn, not only is that a really good looking sub, but it has a TRANS-RED RECOLOR of that old Speed Racer windshield!!! :moar: Space Police I fans rejoice! :grin:

I also suppose others could repurpose the build as an Ogel submarine too. :shrug_oh_well:

Really like that sub. I hope there’s another set though as it’s odd we don’t have Ocean Master, considering he is a main villain in the movie

25 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Really like that sub. I hope there’s another set though as it’s odd we don’t have Ocean Master, considering he is a main villain in the movie

I wouldn’t count on it. Lego didn’t make the main villains of Civil War, Doctor Strange, or Guardians 2 for the MCU sets and I feel like we would’ve heard about a second Aquaman set by now. Oh, and Lego didn’t make Doomsday for BvS either.

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I hope there’s another set though as it’s odd we don’t have Ocean Master, considering he is a main villain in the movie

Perhaps they'll rather give us a comic-styled variant for 2019 in either a typical playset or a Mighty Micros set.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps they'll rather give us a comic-styled variant for 2019 in either a typical playset or a Mighty Micros set.

do you think they will show off any other sets for late 2018 / early 2019?

49 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I wouldn’t count on it. Lego didn’t make the main villains of Civil War, Doctor Strange, or Guardians 2 for the MCU sets and I feel like we would’ve heard about a second Aquaman set by now. Oh, and Lego didn’t make Doomsday for BvS either.

But unlike those (okay not Doctor Strange) Ocean Master has been said to be the main villain from day 1. I was worried Black Manta wouldn’t even be in it much until all the movie leaks recently.

EDIT: additionally; the 2017 Altlantian Soldier helmet is pretty much spot on for Ocean Master’s film helmet

Edited by Whovastron

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

But unlike those (okay not Doctor Strange) Ocean Master has been said to be the main villain from day 1. I was worried Black Manta wouldn’t even be in it much until all the movie leaks recently.

EDIT: additionally; the 2017 Altlantian Soldier helmet is pretty much spot on for Ocean Master’s film helmet

I still think we would’ve heard about a second set by now. I’m assuming they chose to make a set with Black Manta because they already had the helmet mold and they could make a submarine for him. I also think Black Manta is more popular and has more name recognition than Ocean Master but I’m not 100% sure. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I still think we would’ve heard about a second set by now. I’m assuming they chose to make a set with Black Manta because they already had the helmet mold and they could make a submarine for him. I also think Black Manta is more popular and has more name recognition than Ocean Master but I’m not 100% sure. 

Yeah it does seem like Lego are still being fairly cheap towards superhero sets, so that wouldn’t surprise me. This trend of ‘meh’ sets in the DC and Marvel lines will hopefully stop soon now that the Lego Batman Movie has disappeared 

The Aquaman set is up on S@H and costs a whopping €40 with the release on August first. I will wait for an inevitable discount. 

Having seen images of the characters, I'd love an Ocean Master minifigure.  It would be an instant buy if done well.  And maybe a Brine King bigfig?

Don't really care for the DCEU characters, but that Mera looks pretty comic accurate and I'm definitely down to snag that black helmet for Black Manta and those sub pieces. 

Just seen the aquaman trailer and there is a lot of sea-creatures there, so if they only release one set with a small shark that is a bummer :wacko: Can we expect more sets from the movie?

I have a question?

Are there going to be Shazam sets? 

Because that one looks to be like more kid friendly than Aquaman. I mean more it's more childish like Marvel movies

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I have a question?

Because that one looks to be like more kid friendly than Aquaman. I mean more it's more childish like Marvel movies

Possibly... I would say most likely but there is no info out about Shazam sets yet

57 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I have a question?

The film releases in April next year, quite a while away until we'd know about sets. But considering all other DCEU films (except Suicide Squad for obvious reasons) have had sets, I'm sure this will be no exception

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The film releases in April next year, quite a while away until we'd know about sets. But considering all other DCEU films (except Suicide Squad for obvious reasons) have had sets, I'm sure this will be no exception

Ohh I saw the trailer and there is a christmas theme going on so I thought the release date was this upcoming holiday season. But yeah, that's Aquaman's release date 

So, yeah, it's too early for that

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Just seen the aquaman trailer and there is a lot of sea-creatures there, so if they only release one set with a small shark that is a bummer :wacko:

Speaking of such, for those who haven't seen it...

That SDCC set has a much better sea creature and scenery ratio than the movie set, but I really like them both. Aquaman starting to claw back a reputation outside of the comics finally. 

Did anyone else watch the Shazam trailer and think that Lego would have to fork out for printed arms and printed or dual moulded legs?