Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I honestly thought the SDCC exclusive was going to be Samurai since he was the only one missing from The LEGO Batman Movie. 

But having characters from the DC TV shows is very fitting for the SDCC

Just so you know, Jessica Cruz (lantern) is also a SDCC exclusive polybag. 

Let me rephrase it, will be available in SDCC

AW COME ON, I ACTUALLY WANT THAT FIGURE. Sheesh.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

I have Black Vulcan from the cmf series as well (because he looks awesome of course). I just read on brickset that they are actually the same, but they didn't had the rights or something.

Yup. The writer had fairly recently come out with Black Lightning, and didn't allow permission to use him. So they made a similar expy and threw him on instead.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Just so you know, Jessica Cruz (lantern) is also a SDCC exclusive polybag. 

Let me rephrase it, will be available in SDCC

Based on the flyer, I assume it’s free at SDCC, but will be included with the movie?

Just now, KevinMD said:

Based on the flyer, I assume it’s free at SDCC, but will be included with the movie?

Still will be available with the movie, Amazon already announced it I think. 

9 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

So black lightning from the show is the exclusive figure, looks pretty mediocre in my opinion

I've never watched the show myself, nor had I ever paid much attention to any of the news or buzz around it at the time of its premiere; but, I do think its titular character looks pretty dang sweet as a minifigure, especially his head printing with those blue-tinted googles. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don’t understand why Lego hasn’t made even one regular Arrowverse set. The shows are pretty popular and if they made a $30-50 set during the November crossover time with several main heroes I’m sure it would fly off the shelves. 

The shows just haven't been merchandised to kids, which I think is more on Warner Brothers part than Lego's.

29 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've never watched the show myself, nor had I ever paid much attention to any of the news or buzz around it at the time of its premiere; but, I do think its titular character looks pretty dang sweet as a minifigure, especially his head printing with those blue-tinted googles. :thumbup:

The shows just haven't been merchandised to kids, which I think is more on Warner Brothers part than Lego's.

I guess, but shows like The Flash and especially Supergirl are a lot more light hearted and kid friendly than even the DCEU movies. 

I’m honestly quite surprised we don’t have sets from the current shows; They’re all quite light hearted now, I think Black Lightning’s a bit more adult but I haven’t actually seen it. Sets from those shows would probably sell reasonably well.

22 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I’m honestly quite surprised we don’t have sets from the current shows; They’re all quite light hearted now, I think Black Lightning’s a bit more adult but I haven’t actually seen it. Sets from those shows would probably sell reasonably well.

Black Lightning and Arrow are darker and more violent so I understand not making sets based off of them, but the other shows seem perfect for sets. 

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Black Lightning and Arrow are darker and more violent so I understand not making sets based off of them, but the other shows seem perfect for sets. 

Hasn’t Arrow become a lot more light hearted to match Flash and Supergirl though?

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Hasn’t Arrow become a lot more light hearted to match Flash and Supergirl though?

Definitely not. Seasons 5 and 6 were much more violent than Supergirl and the Flash have ever been. 

Has anyone used pieces of Raven from the Lego Dimensions Teen Titans Go pack to make a Raven who "matches" the standard Superheroes themed minifigs? Just found my Raven while moving, and would really like to fill out my Teen Titans lol 

No one mentioned that!? Two days ago, there was a leak on Instagram. Aquaman set is 76095 Black Manta Strike. 235 pieces. Builds are Black Manta's submarine and underwater treasure scenery. Minifigures are Aquaman, Mera and Black Manta.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's 30$.

Thanks for the response. Black Manta looks like a good fig, don’t really care for the rest. Hope the builds win me over.

6 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I miss the days leaked info would be here. Hope the set is $20 and not $30.

Yea. The days that we are ahead of the game. 

On 7/14/2018 at 2:19 PM, retrotaco said:

Has anyone used pieces of Raven from the Lego Dimensions Teen Titans Go pack to make a Raven who "matches" the standard Superheroes themed minifigs? Just found my Raven while moving, and would really like to fill out my Teen Titans lol 

Pretty much all you would need to change is the head. Personally, I have her in my normal DC display just showing the demon face, because that doesn't have the cartoony eyes. I can't think of a normal head for her with the shadows. If you just want to have her head all white, the Spooky Girl CMF has a good head for that.

May I ask where and how you got yours? It's hard to find in stores, and I don't want to overpay for the whole set when all I want is Raven.

52 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Pretty much all you would need to change is the head. Personally, I have her in my normal DC display just showing the demon face, because that doesn't have the cartoony eyes. I can't think of a normal head for her with the shadows. If you just want to have her head all white, the Spooky Girl CMF has a good head for that.

10 hours ago, linnormlord said:

May I ask where and how you got yours? It's hard to find in stores, and I don't want to overpay for the whole set when all I want is Raven.

I got the Team Pack for a gift about six months ago. She's going for around $10 on Bricklink right now, so it might make more sense just to buy the set. Check Ebay or Best Buy's website.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:18 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

I got the Team Pack for a gift about six months ago. She's going for around $10 on Bricklink right now, so it might make more sense just to buy the set. Check Ebay or Best Buy's website.

Yeah, what's up with Bricklink prices? Minifigs are way too expensive. I remember them being more affordable, but maybe my memory doesn't serve me well. Lately I have just been buying sets at discounts and the price is close (sometimes even less) than Bricklinking the figures. Not even worth the effort anymore except for big sets.

Aquaman set leak looks pretty cool. The sub reminds me of Kylo Ren’s ship from TLJ. Nice looking build although it’ll probably go into the parts bin eventually.

As we’ve already seen the figs in leaks I’m excited to get a Black Manta fig and the Mera looks very detailed. The Aquaman from last year is a bit better imo though.

18 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Aquaman set leak looks pretty cool. The sub reminds me of Kylo Ren’s ship from TLJ.

Agreed, the sub looks like a great vehicle. The set as a whole looks a bit more like a $20 USD set than $30 which I believe it is, but it’s still a better actual set than the Justice League Aquaman one.

I wonder if we’ll get another set with an Ocean Master minifigure, though, as he’s supposedly the main villain in the film.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:59 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Mmmm.  I had thought of the Spooky Girl and tried her, but something about her just didn't match what I was looking for, I was hoping people had tried other heads.  I actually went through my collection to look for something else, and I stumbled upon an extra Harley Quinn I had from the Batman/Harley/Deadshot set a while back, added in a Wonder Twin neck cowl, and a trans-purple chain to look like she's casting a spell, and voila;

Raven.jpg