Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Glad to see we're finally getting Firefly, but (and whilst I do appreciate the dual mold legs), why another Flash so soon? Could we not mix it up with either a new Leaguer or just a new variant of a previous one?

Also, while he has the new torso print introduced this year paired with the dual-molded legs, his expression looks to be from the older head. 

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well that was quite out of the blue! :oh3:

I'm still taking in all the details, but upon first impressions, it's a typical looking DC set by any standards I think (that mech's not bad looking), but it's nice to see them give Flash some dual-molded legs for that matter! Poison Ivy is surprisingly plain looking, and Firefly has a new helmet? Um, was that supposed to have been designed in mind for him, or someone/something else? Voltron pilots perhaps? :shrug_confused:

Firefly's helmet looks most certainly intended for Wasp and maybe Ant-Man in the Avengers 4 sets next year.

Well it's already time to start on 2019, time goes by fast. Firefly is a nice surprise, he makes me think the wave will focus more on villains to coincide with the villian video game. I will echo the fact that Flash could have been replaced by a new hero or one we have not gotten in awhile, like Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter. Poison Ivy could have also been replaced by someone new like Mad Hattern or Hush. I'm really getting sick of superhero mechs, they are so overused and almost always look bad. This one is no exception. Wish they would stop making mechs and vehicles and focus on things we have not gotten like the Hall Of Justice or Legion Of Doom. Overall Firefly is the only good thing for me, and he is not worth $39.99. Recently DC has dropped and in quality and I really don't know why. 

Edited by Khscarymovie4
Auto correct strikes again

Firefly looks pretty sweet with all those power blasters added on. Ivy just looks bad though. 

I’m probably the only person mad that Posion Ivy has never been the only villain included in a set. She always has someone else to accompany her. I’d like to see a substantial build for her, rather than just a small collection of plant pieces amongst something bigger. Like an enormous Venus fly trap or a greenhouse playset. Her “mech” is cute, but hardly comparable to Batman’s. I still prefer the 2015 one, but this looks good too.

Also, why is Lego not reusing molds from TLBM? Ivy got a gorgeous hairpiece and it just get so ignored for the same old boring and overused Elsa hair? It’s sort of a let down to think some of those molds will never see the light of day again.

Nice to have Firefly finally. His helmet would’ve been nice on The Wasp, but I pray if we ever get another Wasp fig, she gets her own unique helmet instead of that one being reused. 

i actually think the batman mech is one of the best mechs from the superheroes line, firefly looks great, i actually like the poison ivy, leg printing would be great though, flashs' legs are welcome and did they fix batmans skin tone?! 

this set will go nicely with the 2018 wave, hopefully therell be more good ones with it too

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!

And if you listen closely, you can hear the sound of Duncan Young finding out that Firefly has been rendered in Lego. There it goes...

Like the mech, it looks like Bats remembered his encounter with Luthor and built his own. Like the fact that Flash has boots, it’s about time. Really like the look of Firefly, especially with the power elements. Ivy is a bit of a letdown, really. The giant flytrap parts are screaming out to be used by her in a big old humanoid plant thing. Happy days.

Whoa Batman went full Nexo Knight there

Like the Nexo Dark Knight or something :laugh:

It looks like he is ready to say "Alfred, Nexo Knight!"

I like the Firefly and Poison Ivy minifigures, but I just think the mech is so extra

How come that thing comes and goes from Wayne Manor and no one notices it? 

It's almost a Transformers-size robot

Edited by Robert8

If Batman can fly off in his Batshuttle and no one takes notice, he can definitely sneak out in his mech.

I really like this set. Looking forward to it. Only Poison Ivy looks a little plain.

Awesome looking set. 

TBH, at first I didn't realise the mech belonged to Batman. For a minute I thought we might be getting a set with three villains ganging up on the Flash. Or that it belonged to Firefly and the picture just had him outside the mech for the sake of showing what was going on. 

I still think the mech looks pretty evil, IMO. It's just asking for Black Manta or someone to steal it. 

Speaking of which; I'm hardly complaining about getting leaks for 2019 this early, but why are we hearing about a 'generic' DC set before we hear about the Aquaman set that's supposed to come later this year? I've been looking forward to seeing that one . . , I want Atlantis . . .

Poison Ivy is disappointing, and I've wanted a Firefly to compliment Mr. Freeze ever since watching Gotham, but dual-modded legs for Flash gives me mixed feelings . . . on the one hand, it's accurate, on the other, now the Reverse Flash minifigure that I just got a couple of days ago won't match . .  he won't be a reverse. 

23 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Whoa Batman went full Nexo Knight there

Like the Nexo Dark Knight or something :laugh:

It looks like he is about to say "Alfred, Nexo Knight!"

"Nexo Power: Black Batarang!" 

But yes. That mech looks like the sort of thing Robin would build for his 'Black Knight' alter ego. Hell, just a few modifications and it might make up for the fact that I never got the Black Knight back in 2015.

Also, with the red it looks more like a hangover from The Lego Batman Movie than it does something that the actual Batman would use. Maybe it's borrowed from Lego Batman's garage?

This set is great. I'm tired of Mech's. Batman's is kinda cool, but Ivy's is bad. But minifigures! Flash is fantastic, Batman is awesome, Firefly is amazing, but Ivy lacks detailing. She looks bad.

I’m hearing a lot of complaints about the mech, but this particular design is from the comics and it’s his Thrasher mech so I really like that. Overall I really like the set! Firefly finally and dual molded flash! Poison Ivy is lackluster but her build is unique at least. Looking forward to see what other sets are in this comic wave!

17 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I’m hearing a lot of complaints about the mech, but this particular design is from the comics and it’s his Thrasher mech so I really like that. Overall I really like the set! Firefly finally and dual molded flash! Poison Ivy is lackluster but her build is unique at least. Looking forward to see what other sets are in this comic wave!

Thrasher . . wasn't that the special suit that Batman wears in the Talon attack set that's coming out later this year? The one with the dog? (Forgive me I'm a filthy casual)

I'm really digging this set! I fully expect Firefly's helmet to be reused with Wasp for the Avengers 4 sets.

I’m guessing that the flame power blasts coming out of Firefly’s gun are connected with this

Lego Bar Holder with Clip

in a trans orange. If it is then I will have to ask Mr @J4ck if this counts as a licensed part?

Also are the Bat elements in a new colour or the same as one the Batmobile?

Edited by RedHoodPug
Added a bit

9 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m guessing that the flame power blasts coming out of Firefly’s gun are connected with this

in a trans orange. 

It looks more trans yellow to me, but either way I didn't even notice the flames built in such a way, whichever part is used, it's pretty wavy

This Set looks fine. The mech is well built, but mechs just don’t seem Batman to me. The poison ivy build is nice.

but the Minifigures, they’re fine-good, but I look at these and then Star Wars and just don’t understand why these Minifigures get the shot end of the budget. Star Wars is for vehicles, even the new Harry Potter sets are more for the buildings and vehicles and beasts than Minifigures. Superhero sets are for the Minifigures; we get a batmech and ivy plant because they need to shoehorn the figures in a set. So why, oh why, are they so plain? One small character in solo gets a moulded head and arms and yet firefly gets what is obviously Ant-Man’s helmet for the Avengers 4 Sets? It works fine, but why can’t he have his own mound? And poison ivy...the hair from the Batman Movie is amazing, but here they couldn’t even be bothered to use the printed version of this piece?? And it re-uses mantis’ face? Why? This is somehow the worst poison ivy we’ve had, even comparing to the 2006 one.

i don’t like moaning like this, but when every Minifigure from solo seems to get new moulds and printing everywhere, why do superhero waves like infinity War (a film way bigger than solo) get such lackluster Minifigures?

okay, rant over. Despite my moaning, for the superhero line this is a nice set. Seeing as the only D.C. film next year is Wonder Woman; I predict a 3-6 Set Justice League wave, and then batman sets for the summer (with a Wonder Woman Set Or 2), pretty much a repeat of the 2015 and 2018 format 

5 hours ago, saysonder said:

Also, why is Lego not reusing molds from TLBM? Ivy got a gorgeous hairpiece and it just get so ignored for the same old boring and overused Elsa hair? 

Well, I will say though, I believe this may be only the second time we've seen that hairpiece in Bright Red without printing, with the first time being seen only for that 2012 SDCC exclusive Phoenix figure. So, if anyone's ever wanted that hairpiece in that color without printing... :classic:

5 hours ago, saysonder said:

Its sort of a let down to think some of those molds will never see the light of day again.

Yes, I guess I do have to agree with you in that respect... :sad:

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking of which; I'm hardly complaining about getting leaks for 2019 this early, but why are we hearing about a 'generic' DC set before we hear about the Aquaman set that's supposed to come later this year? 

I was originally figuring that we'd see that set before seeing anything from 2019, so hence my own surprise... :wacko:

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Dual-modded legs for Flash gives me mixed ings . . . on the one hand, it's accurate, on the other, now the Reverse Flash minifigure that I just got a couple of days ago won't match . .  he won't be a reverse. 

Dont mean to ruin things even more but the flash and zoom figures don't even have matching symbols.

7 hours ago, saysonder said:

I’m probably the only person mad that Posion Ivy has never been the only villain included in a set. She always has someone else to accompany her. I’d like to see a substantial build for her, rather than just a small collection of plant pieces amongst something bigger. Like an enormous Venus fly trap or a greenhouse playset. Her “mech” is cute, but hardly comparable to Batman’s. I still prefer the 2015 one, but this looks good too.

Also, why is Lego not reusing molds from TLBM? Ivy got a gorgeous hairpiece and it just get so ignored for the same old boring and overused Elsa hair? It’s sort of a let down to think some of those molds will never see the light of day again.

Nice to have Firefly finally. His helmet would’ve been nice on The Wasp, but I pray if we ever get another Wasp fig, she gets her own unique helmet instead of that one being reused. 

Agree with all this. I always loved the ridable, brickbuilt carnivorous plants she had in the first lego Batman game, and was so disappointed to see what her 'mech' looked like. The only flytrap we've had was the one in the jokerland set.

Firefly looks great, Ivy's new figure is better than 2012's at least, on par with 2006 but still a step down from TLBM.

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Speaking of which; I'm hardly complaining about getting leaks for 2019 this early, but why are we hearing about a 'generic' DC set before we hear about the Aquaman set that's supposed to come later this year? I've been looking forward to seeing that one . . , I want Atlantis . . 

There is probably an embargo on merch

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

okay, rant over. Despite my moaning, for the superhero line this is a nice set. Seeing as the only D.C. film next year is Wonder Woman; I predict a 3-6 Set Justice League wave, and then batman sets for the summer (with a Wonder Woman Set Or 2), pretty much a repeat of the 2015 and 2018 format 

We’re also getting Shazam! next year for the DCEU so we could see a set based on that in March. Given how big the first Wonder Woman movie was, I wouldn’t be surprised if they treated Wonder Woman 2 like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and give it 3 sets at low to mid-range price points.