Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 6.06.2018 at 4:08 AM, CommishGordon said:

Sorry to take us back a little bit, but regarding the three DC Superheroes sets released this year: does anyone know what the three canisters (one came in each set) are supposed to be? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Weird Mother Boxes?

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird Mother Boxes?

From the official description for 76097:

"The mech features... attachment points for 3 collectible Energy Infusers".

So, batteries for the mech, basically.

15 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Yes and when attached, at the top of the shoulder,  there is a decal that makes the canister look plugged in with some gold piping going to the mechs hands. I see that now thanks.

Wonder what the three different colors are meant to represent now.

8 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes and when attached, at the top of the shoulder,  there is a decal that makes the canister look plugged in with some gold piping going to the mechs hands. I see that now thanks.

Wonder what the three different colors are meant to represent now.

I think the colors match the Power Burst elements (except for in Lex’s mech where the Power Bursts are orange and the canister accent is red, which is kinda close).

Edited by The Pearson

4 hours ago, Felkin said:

From the official description for 76097:

"The mech features... attachment points for 3 collectible Energy Infusers".

Boom! Just what I was saying.

Hi does anyone know when we might get any info on the winter 2019 sets? 

Hoping for another comic book joker set :) 

OK... I am VERY out of the loop on Batman related sets but what set  is that new figure leak from? It almost looks Arkham Knight in it’s design.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

OK... I am VERY out of the loop on Batman related sets but what set  is that new figure leak from? It almost looks Arkham Knight in it’s design.

It’s from 76112, the App-Controlled Batmobile. Yes, it’s meant to be Batman’s Arkham Knight suit; Lego was never going to do a set based on those games, so including the design in this set instead is cool.

Not a fan of DC superheroes, but Alex Ross posted a pic of bunch of superheroes "New Kingdom Come" with the hashtag #SDCC

I don't know if it's legit. You should check it guys.

Given that there is also a hashtag LegoIdeas I do not believe this is anything official but rather a fan creation. The figures also look distinctively unlike real Lego.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

Superman uses spidermans legs with a different hip piece I think, that would be a giveaway that it's fake

Like what I've said, I don't have any idea whether it's real or fake. It's cool, but TBH it looks fake for me. 

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

The internet is so full of click bait. It’s disgusting and frustrating.

I fixed that for you.

Edited by KevinMD

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not a fan of DC superheroes, but Alex Ross posted a pic of bunch of superheroes "New Kingdom Come" with the hashtag #SDCC

Tell me, does this Instagram page belong to Alex Ross himself, the famous comic artist, or is it just a fan of his work? Either way, that sounds certainly enigmatic, but fake looking nonetheless in my opinion.

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Digger of Bricks it's his account. Both of his twitter and  fb page also upload this image. 

Strange. Though that definitely looks to be a custom lineup, why would he tag it with #SDCC? Perhaps he's simply promoting the customizer's work (whomever that may be anyway), if there's a chance that guy has a booth set up at the Con? :shrug_confused:

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Strange. Though that definitely looks to be a custom lineup, why would he tag it with #SDCC? Perhaps he's simply promoting the customizer's work (whomever that may be anyway), if there's a chance that guy has a booth set up at the Con? :shrug_confused:

maybe hes teasing something for SDCC and using that as a stand in

You know, it looks kind of real to me.  Its the kind of thing Lego would do for SDCC - something that might not be appropriate for generally available sets, but a nice toss-out to fans.  The designs look like what Lego would invest in for SDCC figures.  Using the Spider-man legs is a perfect use of off-the-shelf parts.  The only thing that would be a surprise is the new piece for Flash's helmet.