Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

14 hours ago, wesker said:

I thought this piece in green would be perfect. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity not to change the hairpiece on the classic Joker design.

Concept art for the Lego Batman Movie CMFs actually had Inmate Joker using that hair, so it's definitely crossed their mind at some point. Hopefully we'll see it eventually.

10 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

I think i saw this hair in green on a custom joker, wish they would release arkham sets, the batmobile is probs the closest thing we'll ever get, its even more unlikely as the arkham games are over

I think they haven't got license for that. Also, it's 16+.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

we're getting an arkham batman

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

but yeah it is a 16 plus, i bet if we see arkham figures theyd be SDCC exclusives

13 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

we're getting an arkham batman

but yeah it is a 16 plus, i bet if we see arkham figures theyd be SDCC exclusives

It's based off Arkham Batman, but I think it's not the same Batman. Or is it?

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It seems to be identical to the Batsuit in Arkham Knight

Just now, Duncan Young said:

It seems to be identical to the Batsuit in Arkham Knight

You're right. The helmet should be black, and arms should be gunmetal grey, but the rest of it is actually based on this suit.

I don't know why Lego versions never have Catwoman as an antiheroine. She hasn't been a full on villainess in the comics for almost 30 years. They started making her more of an antiheroine at some point in the mid 80s.

Am I the only one who is wondering what happened to DC Super Hero Girls?  There was supposed to be a set with Starfire in it, and a Supergirl dorm room.  I was really looking forward to them, but there's been no sign of them this year.

6 minutes ago, Elf Gal said:

Am I the only one who is wondering what happened to DC Super Hero Girls?  There was supposed to be a set with Starfire in it, and a Supergirl dorm room.  I was really looking forward to them, but there's been no sign of them this year.

It would appear that much like the show it got quietly shelved. 

23 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

It would appear that much like the show it got quietly shelved. 

Seriously, have we ever before seen preliminary catalog images of any playsets before their presumed cancellation? That's what I'd like to know, as there was at least one other 2018 set that we only heard rumors of from the City theme, only to never see it unveiled either. :look:

On 01/06/2018 at 10:04 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

the suit all the way down to the belt look almost exactly identical to the second arkham knight skin

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Seriously, have we ever before seen preliminary catalog images of any playsets before their presumed cancellation? That's what I'd like to know, as there was at least one other 2018 set that we only heard rumors of from the City theme, only to never see it unveiled either. :look:

There were also two Star Wars contraction sets that were in the prelims but since the line is all but dead, those appear to have been shelved as well.

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

There were also two Star Wars contraction sets that were in the prelims but since the line is all but dead, those appear to have been shelved as well.

Were those to be released this year? What were they to be of again? :shrug_confused:

in case I regretted it later on in life I picked up 76052 batman classic tv series batcave on sale for £160 from smyths also apparently the lego batman movie batwing was decreased to £40 but that quickly flew off shelves and ran out when I arrived

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Were those to be released this year? What were they to be of again? :shrug_confused:

It was a Super Battle Droid and a large AT-RT to scale with a buildable figure. I think Lego has done this in the past with cancelled Chima Speedorz as well, so I can believe those sets were canned, sadly.

5 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

in case I regretted it later on in life I picked up 76052 batman classic tv series batcave on sale for £160 from smyths also apparently the lego batman movie batwing was decreased to £40 but that quickly flew off shelves and ran out when I arrived

The Batwing is only available in store and there were about a dozen left in two stores. Dang it.

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

It was a Super Battle Droid and a large AT-RT to scale with a buildable figure. 

Ah, yes, now I too remember those two from their preliminary catalog images. So... :sceptic:

Sorry to take us back a little bit, but regarding the three DC Superheroes sets released this year: does anyone know what the three canisters (one came in each set) are supposed to be? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, CommishGordon said:

Sorry to take us back a little bit, but regarding the three DC Superheroes sets released this year: does anyone know what the three canisters (one came in each set) are supposed to be? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

I wondered  that myself, I assumed it was some sort of kryptonite gas or something, don't know for sure though. 

25 minutes ago, CommishGordon said:

Batteries for Lex's Exosuit.

9 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Batteries for Lex's Exosuit.

I think if that where the case, there would be a compartment for them to be installed in, which there isn't. They are different colors as well, even though they have similar markings, Lexcorp branded I believe.  

On 6 June 2018 at 1:10 PM, Johnny1360 said:

I think if that where the case, there would be a compartment for them to be installed in, which there isn't. They are different colors as well, even though they have similar markings, Lexcorp branded I believe.  

You clip them on the exterior.

Have the DC summer 2018 sets been released in the uk, nothing on Shop @ Home.

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

You clip them on the exterior.

Have the DC summer 2018 sets been released in the uk, nothing on Shop @ Home.

They release in August apparently. I found that out the hard way :cry_sad:

On 6 June 2018 at 3:58 PM, Duncan Young said:

They release in August apparently. I found that out the hard way :cry_sad:

Wat. This is the UK not US. DISGRACEFUL.

Edited by J4ck
1300 posts!