DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

5 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

is that killer frost or silver banshee?

so many awesome new figures, i hope they all end up in sets

the justice league will be in the game

Livewire I think

11 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

whos that?

Superman villainess with electricity powers. First appeared on Superman- The Animated Series

53 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Livewire I think

That would be my guess too.

Mercy Graves just got a big boost in visibility?

43 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Holy smokes the designs for the Injustice League are great and that new Catwoman... miauw :) Really hope that we'll get her in a set come 2019!

Great designs, yes! I think that Catwoman was also in LB3, though. If it's new, it's a subtle difference.

34 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Great designs, yes! I think that Catwoman was also in LB3, though. If it's new, it's a subtle difference.

They are different but like you said it is only minor. The biggest difference is the fact that this one has red eyes which I massively prefer compared to the yellow ones from LB3

Here is the LB3 design for comparison;

CatwomanNew52_02.jpg

It’s that time again when I covet figured we are unlikely to get. First off the bat, the Crime Syndicate. I agree with @Duncan Young, though, Riddler and Ivy can wait their turn. Joker torso is nice, Grodd is a great look.

SuperLex means that there is another (currently unknown) figure to come with the book, though.

https://chaos-is-coming.wbgames.com

So here is the official page. It seems like they're adapting Forever Evil, with the heroes disappearing and the Syndicate taking over. I'd say that this makes Crime Syndicate figs more likely but we didn't get Kang despite him being the main villain in LM2. Not to mention that there wasn't seven Kangs in that game. I'd welcome them though, despite the fact I'd want to replace Owl Man's cowl.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I'd want to replace Owl Man's cowl.

it looks like something a captain cold would wear in batman returns, just stupider

8 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

it looks like something a captain cold would wear in batman returns, just stupider

Yeah, I made an Owl Man fig using the Space Batman mask. Should they release this fig, that's what I'll be using instead

Told ya, Lex Luthor is exclusive game figure. 

I'm really hyped for this game! This whole 'create and play with your own supervillain' thing is super cool. I want this game Deathstroke as a physical figure. It's amazing. Also, I don't like the Joker they use for this game. This old design is boring.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, I don't like the Joker they use for this game. This old design is boring.

i wish they used his LBM hairpiece, it at least fits better than this vampire hairpiece

4 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

They are different but like you said it is only minor. The biggest difference is the fact that this one has red eyes which I massively prefer compared to the yellow ones from LB3

The belt buckle is a big difference, too.

1 minute ago, x105Black said:

The belt buckle is a big difference, too.

True but personally I don't really care about that aspect given that both look great in my opinion. I do truly hope we'll get a figure of her in the future.

I don't have an issue with anyone discussing this game here, in general, considering how little news there is to discuss in regards to DC Lego, but: 

Mind your expectations. 

In that, rarely if ever, do we see TT Games designed character materialize into physical minifigures. Excluding Dimensions and Pre-Order figures, we almost never get any of the character designs shown in the games. Even if we get the same characters--again the designs are often lesser or completely different. 

So long story short, don't expect to be holding these figures in your hands anytime soon. 

That said--looks like a great game! :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I don't have an issue with anyone discussing this game here, in general, considering how little news there is to discuss in regards to DC Lego, but: 

Mind your expectations. 

In that, rarely if ever, do we see TT Games designed character materialize into physical minifigures. Excluding Dimensions and Pre-Order figures, we almost never get any of the character designs shown in the games. Even if we get the same characters--again the designs are often lesser or completely different. 

So long story short, don't expect to be holding these figures in your hands anytime soon. 

That said--looks like a great game! :thumbup:

Agreed but there is one thing that I do find interesting, the figure designs in the game also lack the arm/leg printing that the real figures do lately. I mean for a game design they could easily add more detail. Also the fact that most of these figures seem to be based of their Rebirth designs could see them included in future sets just like we got with this years January wave of sets.

I was kinda looking forward to a better Joker design especially in the face, but he's just wearing a bad version of TLBM outfit. Still despise his voice though.

The game itself looks promising other than my irrational hatred for the Joker in these games since LB2.

Not too excited about some of the character redesigns to be honest. I think some of Joker's previous suits looked nicer while the Riddler already hit the peak of his design with the LBM figure.

I do like Poison Ivy's new face print though. Her costume isn't quite as detailed as previous figures and going back to the Elsa hairpiece (with no leaf printing) feels like a step backwards from her own unique hairpiece from the LBM sets - but that face print is by far the best one she's ever had!

Deathstroke looks great though and a classic Commissioner Gordan is long overdue so I'll be happy if those designs do make it into future sets.

4 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

i wish they used his LBM hairpiece, it at least fits better than this vampire hairpiece

I thought this piece in green would be perfect. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity not to change the hairpiece on the classic Joker design.

sw741.original.png

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I thought this piece in green would be perfect. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity not to change the hairpiece on the classic Joker design.

I've also proposed elsewhere that they should recolor that particular hairpiece for Joker. Personally, I think it would work quite well for a variant inspired after the one seen in the Rocksteady Arkham games. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, wesker said:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I've also proposed elsewhere that they should recolor that particular hairpiece for Joker. Personally, I think it would work quite well for a variant inspired after the one seen in the Rocksteady Arkham games. :thumbup:

sw741.original.png

I think i saw this hair in green on a custom joker, wish they would release arkham sets, the batmobile is probs the closest thing we'll ever get, its even more unlikely as the arkham games are over

40 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

I think i saw this hair in green on a custom joker, wish they would release arkham sets, the batmobile is probs the closest thing we'll ever get, its even more unlikely as the arkham games are over

I'd at least want to see a Bright Green recolor of that hairpiece for a new, generic comic variant, not necessarily an outright variant based upon the Arkham games.

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'd at least want to see a Bright Green recolor of that hairpiece for a new, generic comic variant, not necessarily an outright variant based upon the Arkham games.

it would fit yes, id like to see it in green, or a similar new mold for the jokers hair