Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

20 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I really hope you are wrong

I’m pretty sure he is right but we will know Wednesday when the trailer for the game drops 

Edited by Falconfan1414

22 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

If it weren't for the book exclusive then I'd agree. It seems strange that for a Villain Themed game, they'd choose a heroic version of Lex to be the exclusive fig

It isn't for a book. This seems like a good exclusive figure. I guess we have to wait till tomorrow :tongue:

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It isn't for a book. This seems like a good exclusive figure. I guess we have to wait till tomorrow :tongue:

I mean we know there is an updated visual dictionary coming this year. In the past books have given us Electro and Pirate Batmen, Convergence Wonder Woman and John Stewart.

Lex does seem the most likely option but that doesn't mean that it's a sure thing

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I mean we know there is an updated visual dictionary coming this year. In the past books have given us Electro and Pirate Batmen, Convergence Wonder Woman and John Stewart.

Lex does seem the most likely option but that doesn't mean that it's a sure thing

Well, we know there's a Jessica Cruz for the DVD and a Lex Luthor for something. What this means is possibly another unrevealed new figure!!!

12 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Well, we know there's a Jessica Cruz for the DVD and a Lex Luthor for something. What this means is possibly another unrevealed new figure!!!

Exactly! But personally I'd rather have Hero Lex as the book fig. When a game is revolving around villains, I'd rather have the exclusive fig to be a unique villain

Any chance the missing mini figure is Copperhead, yaknow the one that we supposedly should have got in the RC Batmobile.

6 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Any chance the missing mini figure is Copperhead, yaknow the one that we supposedly should have got in the RC Batmobile.

Unlikely. I assumed that Copperhead, Grundy and an additional fig were planned for the Batmobile but TLC simply decided not to include them (though I can't say I would understand why). It's not the first time this has happened. Remember the LBM CMF concept art? The one that had Gladiator Batman, Tarantula and Clock King. I also believe Gentleman Ghost was supposed to appear in the Scuttler only to be put in the Harley set. Maaaaybe like these examples, the rejected figs could still show up in a future set but that's pure guesswork on my part

Edited by Duncan Young

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Unlikely. I assumed that Copperhead, Grundy and an additional fig were planned for the Batmobile but TLC simply decided not to include them (though I can't say I would understand why). It's not the first time this has happened. Remember the LBM CMF concept art? The one that had Gladiator Batman, Tarantula and Clock King. I also believe Gentleman Ghost was supposed to appear in the Scuttler only to be put in the Harley set. Maybe like these examples, the rejected figs could still show up in a future set but that's pure guesswork on my part

Oh that’s true. Who was the additional mini figure, a hero or a villain?

I think adding these min figures into the RC Batmobile would be too distracting from the main attraction.

Just now, J4ck said:

Oh that’s true. Who was the additional mini figure, a hero or a villain?

I don't think any of us were told who they were, only that they existed. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Maaaaybe like these examples, the rejected figs could still show up in a future set but that's pure guesswork on my part

Fingers crossed, it would be a shame to see them discarded entirely. 

I’m going to throw my wild card in the ring and go with the Joker Batman that’s been seen in various forms of merchandise like Imaginext, Ooshies, and the like. I hope I’m wrong.

Why are we listing names and when did we decide Copperhead and Grundy were happening? 

Let’s keep the speculation to a minimum—so as to not get our hopes up or cause confusion when those hopes don’t happen. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, barneynedward said:

It could be the Atom.

From the LEGO Flash movie? Sure, I kinda could see that being a possibility for the DK book.

13 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

The thirteenth of February and twelfth of April respectively.

In more recent news that countdown for the Villains game find finished and.... It's the teaser for the actual trailer that most of us already saw several hours ago. I actually set an alarm for it too...

Edited by Duncan Young

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

But in more recent news that countdown for the Villains game find finished and.... It's the teaser for the actual trailer that most of us already saw several hours ago. I actually set an alarm for it too...

is the teaser the one with the graffiti superman statue, also with that statue, does this mean the game will take things from the DCEU? 

The teaser says trailer May 30th, so in a few hours i expect this thread to get way more active

Edited by MakkaG15

10 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

is the teaser the one with the graffiti superman statue, also with that statue, does this mean the game will take things from the DCEU? 

The teaser says trailer May 30th, so in a few hours i expect this thread to get way more active

That's the one. I do think that it will take influence from the DCEU in a few aspects but not many, just like how the first Marvel game had Stark Tower, I could see a few locations such as the statue be part of the open world. There is a chance that we get a Wonder Woman/BvS/Justice League bonus level or at least a DLC pack for Aquaman

30 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

That's the one. I do think that it will take influence from the DCEU in a few aspects but not many, just like how the first Marvel game had Stark Tower, I could see a few locations such as the statue be part of the open world. There is a chance that we get a Wonder Woman/BvS/Justice League bonus level or at least a DLC pack for Aquaman

this is probs wishful thinking but what if superlex came with the book and the game came with a DCEU character like deathstroke or the joker or maybe a squad member (or minifig ares!)

41 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

this is probs wishful thinking but what if superlex came with the book and the game came with a DCEU character like deathstroke or the joker or maybe a squad member (or minifig ares!)

Well not to get your hopes up but the trailer just dropped, showing off a new DCEU-inspired Deathstroke, complete with arm printing. Joker is also a new variant so I would expect to see him sometime next year

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Superman Lex Luther is indeed the figure from the video game 

Consider me disappointed. I can only hope that the book fig will be a well detailed fig or at least a new character

26 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Well not to get your hopes up but the trailer just dropped, showing off a new DCEU-inspired Deathstroke, complete with arm printing. Joker is also a new variant so I would expect to see him sometime next year

most figures from games end up in lego sets, not hope getting up but if i dont get a dceu deathstroke soon enough i will riot

about to watch trailer, will post thoughts after

wow, thats a good trailer

new designs look amazing, i need that grodd, deathstroke, forget it, i need it all! if it werent for eurobricks' stupid picture size limit i would post the poster

new joker looks amazing, the new deathstroke, amazing, wish he had a helmet piece but still amazing

wish there were a new harley, but the one used is still good, is the poison ivy new? she looks like she at least has a darker green

all in all, this for me hypes the game a little, but future sets a lot

what could be the stor for the game though? the villains just wreaking havoc, the villains being the heroes looks unlikely, i hope we get that gordon as a minifig, looks just like BTAS

27 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Consider me disappointed. I can only hope that the book fig will be a well detailed fig or at least a new character

please deathsroke please deathstroke, if not ill settle for the joker ( i missed out on the 2015 deathstroke and only have the LBM joker and the ne that came with bumper car)

1 minute ago, SgtKilr said:

I wonder if we get a wave based off the game with some of the crime syndicate members.

That would certainly be cool although I have to say that there's something off about Owl Man's cowl mould, the shaping is a bit strange.

I also noticed the new Ivy and Riddler variants. Hopefully they stay in game as I'm of the mind that we don't really need more of them

Edited by Duncan Young

5 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

That would certainly be cool although I have to say that there's something off about Owl Man's cowl mould, the shaping is a bit strange.

I also noticed the new Ivy and Riddler variants. Hopefully they stay in game as I'm of the mind that we don't really need more of them

riddler and  owl man? i didnt see them, in the poster, trailer or something else?