Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Do Batwoman's head piece or Ace's head not count? Or the moulds for Flash's helmet, the Atlantean Guards, Steppenwolf, Cyborgs arm and Aquaman's hair?

The bat emblem pieces as well :wink:

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Do Batwoman's head piece or Ace's head not count? Or the moulds for Flash's helmet, the Atlantean Guards, Steppenwolf, Cyborgs arm and Aquaman's hair?

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

The bat emblem pieces as well :wink:

Don't forget about Krypto too.

4 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

how come certain brands like HP and Avengers get so many new molds and dc doesnt

Avengers? Molds? Just look at Wasp or at Thanos. Main characters in movies.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Avengers? Molds? Just look at Wasp or at Thanos. Main characters in movies.

Meanwhile back in Man of Steel, there were 3 different Kryptonian armours with extensive detail, that were pretty cool, but maybe not necessary...?

When and why LEGO does and doesn't give us new moulds will never make sense to us mere mortals. From talking to designers I know that every theme and probably every wave within a theme gets a particular budget for things like new moulds, prints, and making parts in new colours. The designers themselves want to give us everything we want, but they're constrained a lot of the time and also probably cater to the market research and wealth of knowledge they have about what kids care about.

Still, things end up not making any sense a lot of the time, like why were there all those Kryptonian armors and even the Kryptonian guns that were kinda pointless, why did we get two colors of Ant-Man helmets for that first set but now no proper helmet for Wasp (I know that's Marvel, sorry), why briefly did some characters get dual-moulded legs at random, etc. We can hypothesize for years on end but ultimately it will never truly make sense because I don't think there's any true sense to be made of it. Even if LEGO transparently told us why certain decisions were made, it still wouldn't make sense.

I kind of feel like with some themes the designers push back more against the budget and say "but we really really want new hair moulds for everybody and a bunch of other things" and the higher ups say "well ok fine", whereas with other themes the designers go "eh stuff it, not worth the argument, here's Infinity War Spidey with no dual-moulded legs".

9 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

Don't forget about Krypto too.

That’s 13 pieces and probably more we haven’t mentioned.

DC was the first to get the Super Hero Power Up pieces.

So could add another 6-7? (I forgot how many different pieces are included).

28 minutes ago, J4ck said:

That’s 13 pieces and probably more we haven’t mentioned.

I’ll throw in an obvious one and go with the Batcowls, kiss-curl and tiara’d hair of the Trinity.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’ll throw in an obvious one and go with the Batcowls, kiss-curl and tiara’d hair of the Trinity.

3 batcowls to be precise. That sweet, sweet armour for Robin in the Joker manor set.

Oh! Can't forget the lemon piece (I know it's not a new mould :laugh:).

We could keep going but the point is DC has lots of cool new moulds.

On 5/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, MakkaG15 said:

how come certain brands like HP and Avengers get so many new molds and dc doesnt

Avengers? So many new molds? I have to laugh. 

And Harry Potter has a larger budget because it’s the first wave. All themes introduce plenty of new molds when they start up. 

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

Avengers? So many new molds? I have to laugh. 

I'm sorry i forgot about some things *cough* wasp and thanos *cough*

35 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

I'm sorry i forgot about some things *cough* wasp and thanos *cough*

Not to mention the infinity stones and gauntlet, iron spider neck bracket, cull obsidian, groot’s head, and proxima’s hairpiece all from IW.

Though I still think DC gets more. 

On 5/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, MakkaG15 said:

DC gets a lot of new molds and prints. It’s probably on par with the Marvel sets and Harry Potter has so many new molds because it’s a major theme revival and also took some of the budget from other themes like Jurassic World. 

Do we have any idea when the films/games/books that come with Jessica Cruz and Super-Lex will come out?

1 hour ago, Zilcho said:

Do we have any idea when the films/games/books that come with Jessica Cruz and Super-Lex will come out?

The Jessica Cruz figure will be packaged with the Lego DC Aquaman Rage of Atlantis film—which releases July 31st. 

Super Lex is most likely the pre-order figure for the Lego DC Villains video game—that does not yet have a release date, but presumably it’s late 2018. 

24 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

The Jessica Cruz figure will be packaged with the Lego DC Aquaman Rage orf Atlantis film—which releases July 31st. 

Super Lex is most likely the pre-order figure for the Lego DC Villains video game—that does not yet have a release date, but presumably it’s late 2018. 

so theres a book thats unnacounted for, is it to be minifigureless? 

4 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

I bet it will unless they're experimenting like they did with the Lego flash movie.

We'll know who's the exclusive minifigure in the game tomorrow. At least, I believe that's when we're getting our first trailer 

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

We'll know who's the exclusive minifigure in the game tomorrow. At least, I believe that's when we're getting our first trailer 

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that.

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

The cover has a space for a figure, but the identity is still under wraps.

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

It's for 99% Superman Lex Luthor.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's for 99% Superman Lex Luthor.

If it weren't for the book exclusive then I'd agree. It seems strange that for a Villain Themed game, they'd choose a heroic version of Lex to be the exclusive fig

3 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

If it weren't for the book exclusive then I'd agree. It seems strange that for a Villain Themed game, they'd choose a heroic version of Lex to be the exclusive fig

Maybe its part of the game? Villains becoming the heroes and the heroes the villains?