Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

New batman fig for the RC batmobile is incredible.

It has a very intricate detail with belt and armor plate all the way to the knees.

20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

No, by all means, thanks a lot for clarification! I just looked up the two brand logos featured on Wikipedia...

250px-Batman_Arkham_series_logo.png250?cb=20130228013519

Does it look like this canopy part to you? Because, if it was... :cry_sad:

Welcome! I can see why others were confused because it is identical. 

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think it was this one but with a modern hinge. I think what has happened (unless proved incorrect) is that they used this new piece but as we can see the design of the bat mobile changed altogether so they used a different canopy.

That would certainly be interesting if that were indeed the case, as I can't immediately think of such an instance myself where such an old mold was resurrected as a modernized carbon copy.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think we will see it in a later set. This has happened before, they create a piece but don't end up using but use it in a later set, can't think of the example off the top of my head.

Really? So there have been instances of leaked preliminaries showing a new part being utilized only to be instead used the year afterwards elsewhere? :oh3:

Batwoman's face is online (or at least one of them), it's pretty much the same as Nova's but the female version. Hoping the other side has a normal face

29 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Batwoman's face is online (or at least one of them), it's pretty much the same as Nova's but the female version. Hoping the other side has a normal face

Hmmm, interesting gunmetal goggle frame though.

46 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Looks a lot better than I initially thought it did. It'd work great for any of the female members of The Royal Flush Gang

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Both sides have the mask, one side has a slight smile, the other has an angry expression.

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

New batman fig for the RC batmobile is incredible.

It has a very intricate detail with belt and armor plate all the way to the knees.

Looks like he’s sporting a bit of Batstubble, too. Another great figure. Batwoman’s face also works really well. A really good line up coming our way.

Black Manta is great. Not too many details tho, front is good, but you can see only a little bit of back printing, and there is no printing anywhere else.

Batman, on the other hand, is extremely detailed. It's my favorite Lego Batman ever.

I love the Batwoman minifigure.  It will be great to have more females in my Bat faction.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That would certainly be interesting if that were indeed the case, as I can't immediately think of such an instance myself where such an old mold was resurrected as a modernized carbon copy.

I think so, I could be wrong, time will tell :wink:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Really? So there have been instances of leaked preliminaries showing a new part being utilized only to be instead used the year afterwards elsewhere? :oh3:

I think so if memory serves correctly, and isn't a year I don't think so, it was half year. Please keep in mind I might be wrong :cry_sad:

I love that Batwoman head; this way, it can still be used without the weird "headband" thingy that makes Batman heads nearly useless without the mask on.

Has anyone seen a higher-resolution image of the Arkham Knight Batman, or is all of this coming from the small image we do have? I'd be super interested in hearing or seeing more about him.

18 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I love that Batwoman head; this way, it can still be used without the weird "headband" thingy that makes Batman heads nearly useless without the mask on.

Could always use them on mini figures attending the gym or working out :laugh:

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Aquaman set set number is 76095, retailes for 29.99$, so 34.99€, contains 235 pieces.

That doesn’t bode well for any other figs unless there’s a second set.

26 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

That doesn’t bode well for any other figs unless there’s a second set.

Not entirely, Lego has had $30 licensed sets with 4 minifigures. Lego actually has had movie licensed sets that have come with 4 figures.

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Not entirely, Lego has had $30 licensed sets with 4 minifigures. Lego actually has had movie licensed sets that have come with 4 figures.

I was more concerned with the piece count, but you’re right 30$ doesn’t preclude 4 figs. Royal talon and hulk smash up booth qualify from my 30seconds looking. That would be a pretty impressive set if they have OM to go w the three already released.

Got a better look at Black Manta today, and I like it even more.  He will be great for Castle army building with his black and red armored look.

The first official look for Aquaman in his armor has leaked. Would you guys prefer to have gotten that instead of his classic suit in lego? I like the fig that we got but I think that if we gotten the armored look the fig would be much more detailed

9 minutes ago, BatofGotham said:

The first official look for Aquaman in his armor has leaked. Would you guys prefer to have gotten that instead of his classic suit in lego? I like the fig that we got but I think that if we gotten the armored look the fig would be much more detailed

Even better would be molded accessories to look like the armor.

17 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

Aquaman's armor from today's poster would look mych cooler... this one we got is okay, I guess, but not too much details.

23 hours ago, x105Black said:

Even better would be molded accessories to look like the armor.

I second that. A new mold for armor could have been better / Just like Ninjago mold these days. To make it look more bulkier.

16 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I second that. A new mold for armor could have been better / Just like Ninjago mold these days. To make it look more bulkier.

how come certain brands like HP and Avengers get so many new molds and dc doesnt

40 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

how come certain brands like HP and Avengers get so many new molds and dc doesnt

Do Batwoman's head piece or Ace's head not count? Or the moulds for Flash's helmet, the Atlantean Guards, Steppenwolf, Cyborgs arm and Aquaman's hair?