Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

It would be great if they did, but licensed pieces like these are rarely made available to purchase.

More licensed pieces are becoming available after each wave.

The assorted bat-emblem pieces are being made in 3/4 of the metallic colours, the only colour they won't be available in is "Silver Metallic".

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

It would be great if they did, but licensed pieces like these are rarely made available to purchase.

Maybe not on Bricks and Pieces, but they'll almost certainly be available on BrickLink. This is a set that begs to be parted out. At least half of the value is the electronics.

53 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Maybe not on Bricks and Pieces, but they'll almost certainly be available on BrickLink. This is a set that begs to be parted out. At least half of the value is the electronics.

That's a fair point.  Just wanted to buy direct.  I expect that there won't be many buying the set and selling off the pieces I want, so I assume the price would be lower from LEGO themselves.

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

That's a fair point.  Just wanted to buy direct.  I expect that there won't be many buying the set and selling off the pieces I want, so I assume the price would be lower from LEGO themselves.

If Lego store doesn't sell them, try calling up, they might even give them for free even if you aren't lying about the fact the pieces are missing.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

If Lego store doesn't sell them, try calling up, they might even give them for free even if you aren't lying about the fact the pieces are missing.

I've definitely tried that before on numerous items, but have always been told that they were not able to sell them to me (or give them).

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

I love the set.  The price (even at $100) is not so great.  I could care less about the RC functions.  I just want the Batman and Bat emblem pieces.

How can you just want the bat parts and care about the RC parts, that is a very contradictory statement.:wacko:

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

How can you just want the bat parts and care about the RC parts, that is a very contradictory statement.:wacko:

Not really.  I like the way that the set looks, all the black pieces.  I like the minifigure.  I like the bat parts.  The RC functions are irrelevant to me, so I'd prefer a version without those parts.  That would make the black pieces, the Batman minifigure, and the bat emblems much less expensive and easier to obtain.  Nothing contradictory there.

19 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What's up with that Batman logo in the Batmobile box? It is a new line of Batman stuff?

Nah, the normal DC Comics logo has just been religated to the bottom right-hand corner were the Batman logo should be instead. The Batman logo is branding for merchandise for the Rocksteady Arkham series of videogames, and I feel that they're just trying to emphasize that with the prominent branding to convince you that this is the Arkham Knight Batmobile. Because really, I wouldn't think that was the Arkham Batmobile unless they told me (claimed) it was. :hmpf:

20 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

Looks like it is indeed $99.99 USD

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/05/17/lego-announces-programmable-batmobile-thats-controlled-with-an-app-news/

[Note: an earlier version of this article quoted the price for App-Controlled Batmobile as $159.99 USD. LEGO has clarified that this was a mistake in their press release, and we have updated this article to reflect the correct price of $99.99 USD]

That was a pretty drastic press release mistake. *huh*

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

According to the Preliminary box art* of the RC Batmobile, it had 442 pieces, now it has 321 pieces.

Not only that, but the preliminary box art shows a pretty different looking build. Now I'm wondering if there was supposed to be a newly recolored Trans-Red canopy after all, because even that looks different I think. Am I just blissfully imagining that's a different canopy? :look:

16 hours ago, x105Black said:

I just want the Batman and Bat emblem pieces.

Sure, gunmetal grey Fright Knight shields. :wink:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Nah, the normal DC Comics logo has just been religated to the bottom right-hand corner were the Batman logo should be instead. The Batman logo is branding for merchandise for the Rocksteady Arkham series of videogames, and I feel that they're just trying to emphasize that with the prominent branding to convince you that this is the Arkham Knight Batmobile. Because really, I wouldn't think that was the Arkham Batmobile unless they told me (claimed) it was. :hmpf:

Not only that, but the preliminary box art shows a pretty different looking build. Now I'm wondering if there was supposed to be a newly recolored Trans-Red canopy after all, because even that looks different I think. Am I just blissfully imagining that's a different canopy? :look:

Nope, that Bat-logo is the one used in the comics since New 52 until now. There is actually a difference since the Arkham Bat logo doesn't use that font. Btw just saying

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You're telling me, glad it's been fixed though.

I think it is a different canopy. Don't worry you're not going crazy :wink:

I can't wait for the Copper Metallic bat pieces :laugh:

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

Not really.  I like the way that the set looks, all the black pieces.  I like the minifigure.  I like the bat parts.  The RC functions are irrelevant to me, so I'd prefer a version without those parts.  That would make the black pieces, the Batman minifigure, and the bat emblems much less expensive and easier to obtain.  Nothing contradictory there.

Yeah, that makes sense but in your previous post you claimed to care for the rc part and care only for the bat parts :wacko: I guess it was just a typo, my mistake.:shrug_confused:

7 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

Nope, that Bat-logo is the one used in the comics since New 52 until now. There is actually a difference since the Arkham Bat logo doesn't use that font. Btw just saying

No, by all means, thanks a lot for clarification! I just looked up the two brand logos featured on Wikipedia...

250px-Batman_Arkham_series_logo.png250?cb=20130228013519

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think it is a different canopy. Don't worry you're not going crazy :wink:

Does it look like this canopy part to you? Because, if it was... :cry_sad:

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah, that makes sense but in your previous post you claimed to care for the rc part and care only for the bat parts :wacko: I guess it was just a typo, my mistake.:shrug_confused:

Yes, my bad.  I think I meant "I couldn't care less" about the RC functions rather than "I could."  I mean, I don't care, but I suppose I could care a bit less...

On 5/17/2018 at 5:44 PM, Johnny1360 said:

So I assume that thing has skid steering, judging by how close together the wheels are? I did expect it to be a bit pricey, this just seems to be flat out ridiculous though and the excellent minifig just doesn't make up for it to me. Makes the Tracked Racer look like an exceptional bargain. I sure hope this isn't a prelude to PF-2 pricing. 

Glad LEGO heard me out and lowered the price to a more respectable $99.99.

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if this thing is skid steering, because if so that would mean there are multiple motors in the RC unit, right? 

why does the RC batmobile come with arkham batman? its obviously not an arkham based set, is it just to have a cool figure? why didnt they give us a bigger, arkham style batmobile, so the price wouldnt be so mind numbingly high

2 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

why does the RC batmobile come with arkham batman? its obviously not an arkham based set, is it just to have a cool figure? why didnt they give us a bigger, arkham style batmobile, so the price wouldnt be so mind numbingly high

100$ is not so bad. Minifigure is incredible.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Does it look like this canopy part to you? Because, if it was... :cry_sad:

No it doesn't actually, it looks like the one we have now but stretched out/longer in length.

4 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Glad LEGO heard me out and lowered the price to a more respectable $99.99.

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure if this thing is skid steering, because if so that would mean there are multiple motors in the RC unit, right? 

It actually has two motors and one battery hub.

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

No it doesn't actually, it looks like the one we have now but stretched out/longer in length.

Well, the only other canopy part I think of when looking at that preliminary box art is this one, which hasn't been seen since 2002 and therefore is presumably extinct. :def_shrug:

2507.png

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

It actually has two motors and one battery hub.

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, the only other canopy part I think of when looking at that preliminary box art is this one, which hasn't been seen since 2002 and therefore is presumably extinct. :def_shrug:

The canopy actually appears to be the piece that first appeared in General Grievous' Starfighter (2010 edition). It reappeared in red in The Coruscant Police Gunship

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

The canopy actually appears to be the piece that first appeared in General Grievous' Starfighter (2010 edition). It reappeared in red in The Coruscant Police Gunship

We know that, but @J4ck and I were trying to figure out what canopy part is instead seen in the preliminary box art he posted a page ago:

Doesn't look like the same part if you ask me. 

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

2507.png

I think it was this one but with a modern hinge. I think what has happened (unless proved incorrect) is that they used this new piece but as we can see the design of the bat mobile changed altogether so they used a different canopy. I think we will see it in a later set. This has happened before, they create a piece but don't end up using but use it in a later set, can't think of the example off the top of my head.