Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickSantorum said:

I know this is slightly off-topic, but since I'm responsible for the mistake, the article was from BrickFAN, not BrickSET. I don't want to slander anyone... especially when I'm complaining that they're not being up front with their corrections of misinformation!

I get ya, thanks for letting me know.

Edited by J4ck

In the video, the Talon set clearly has an undamaged mask for Batman, as I was hoping! And I'll just be ordering the Arkham Knight-styled Batman on his own, since I don't need the whole set; I love his look! Kind of surprised the Lego group was willing to adapt a look exclusively from an M-rated game, but no complaints here.

I’ve never bought a minifigure from a Super Heroes set on BrickLink and skipped the actual set, but there’s a first time for everything. I like the build and all, but I am not paying $160 for a build that small no matter how many electronic devices it has inside. If I ever see it knocked down to $80 or something maybe I will, but there’s no room in my budget this year for something so overpriced. At least it looks nice- I like how close together the wheels are and the red windshield looks awesome.

I will definitely arm sweep that batmobile at 70% off from walmart but man is it the epitome of lego markup otherwise. Not even with the now standard almost instantly 20% markdown would I touch that.

glad to see that blue cyclops is a SH fig and not Ninjago or something, it looks pretty awesome.

That Batmobile is a strong contender for the worst set ever produced. Not only does it look like a knockoff, it's...160 bucks? Power Functions aren't worth $130. :facepalm:

I'm disappointed at the lack of Grundy and Copperhead, I was looking forward to those two. Arkham Knight(?) Batman is a nice inclusion, the batmobile is a bit meh though. And it's probably to hide whatever power function it needs to be remote controlled but it just looks built too much like a blocky tank.

Maybe it’s that  the batman Lego movie sets have made my expectations much higher for batman sets, but these new reveals are terrible. I will be passing on every one of them (unless I see the one with the dog deeply discounted).

The only thing good about these sets are the minifigs. I bet they spent most of the money on an app for controlling the batmobile than the set itself.

Last year, I remember seeing the price-to-part ratio for Technic's 42065 RC Tracked Racer and thought that was rather silly, especially for such a sparse looking build. But, upon seeing the price tag for this... :distressed:

Still, even if I ignore that factor, it is a rather strange build aesthetically speaking. It's even stranger though when you consider that Lego is selling this as an RC Batmobile that is supposed to be representing the one seen in the Arkham Knight videogame. :wacko:

What's up with that Batman logo in the Batmobile box? It is a new line of Batman stuff?

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

That Batmobile is a strong contender for the worst set ever produced. Not only does it look like a knockoff, it's...160 bucks? Power Functions aren't worth $130. :facepalm:

It looks way out of proportion for a minifigure. It looks more like a tank

Looks like it is indeed $99.99 USD

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/05/17/lego-announces-programmable-batmobile-thats-controlled-with-an-app-news/

[Note: an earlier version of this article quoted the price for App-Controlled Batmobile as $159.99 USD. LEGO has clarified that this was a mistake in their press release, and we have updated this article to reflect the correct price of $99.99 USD]

Just now, TakeaBrick said:

Looks like it is indeed $99.99 USD

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/05/17/lego-announces-programmable-batmobile-thats-controlled-with-an-app-news/

[Note: an earlier version of this article quoted the price for App-Controlled Batmobile as $159.99 USD. LEGO has clarified that this was a mistake in their press release, and we have updated this article to reflect the correct price of $99.99 USD]

VICTORY IS MINE

Just now, TakeaBrick said:

I think I will get it if it is 99.99 USD. The pricing is reasonable. 

What's the GBP? £79.99?

I'm guessing the euro price is €99.99.

1 hour ago, TakeaBrick said:

Looks like it is indeed $99.99

That’s a relief. The other price was way too much.

According to the Preliminary box art* of the RC Batmobile, it had 442 pieces, now it has 321 pieces.

*J4ck in no ways possible endorses or supports the owner of the Instagram account posted above, visit the link at your own risk.

15 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

The RC Batmobile just got revealed via Lego's Twitter:

"Now you can power your way through Gotham City with a remote control LEGO Batman Batmobile! Pssst…you can also use your voice using a special app! Coming August 1st!"

Price: $159.99

I love the set.  The price (even at $100) is not so great.  I could care less about the RC functions.  I just want the Batman and Bat emblem pieces.

11 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I love the set.  The price (even at $100) is not so great.  I could care less about the RC functions.  I just want the Batman and Bat emblem pieces.

Might become available on Bricks and Pieces, I hope the copper metallic bat pieces become available.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Might become available on Bricks and Pieces, I hope the copper metallic bat pieces become available.

It would be great if they did, but licensed pieces like these are rarely made available to purchase.