Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

Without trying to perpetuate the off-topic leak argument; whatever your views on it, consider that without them these threads would be full of diddly squat, speculation, or nothing until the sets came out. All the time there are leaks, we are talking about impending sets. It is keeping us interested and it gives Lego a regular unofficial litmus test. There is a certain amount of control involved - they don’t want everything leaked, but no leaks dulls the excitement. Can we please get back on track before a grown up comes in and prods buttock?

Please end this discussion about leakers and what information they can give. Furthermore, treat others with respect.

To reiterate guidelines we have stated before - people with insider information are free to give what they want to or can give, and we ask others not to pester them for more. By the same token, we ask people who have some information not to toy with others and needlessly draw out the information that they are willing to give through guessing games or slowly dripping out one tiny morsel of info at a time.

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Please end this discussion about leakers and what information they can give. Furthermore, treat others with respect.

To reiterate guidelines we have stated before - people with insider information are free to give what they want to or can give, and we ask others not to pester them for more. By the same token, we ask people who have some information not to toy with others and needlessly draw out the information that they are willing to give through guessing games or slowly dripping out one tiny morsel of info at a time.

Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm a bit scared of what Batwoman's head looks like unmasked. Considering that she already has a white head, it'll look like she has no eyes...

4 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

lol thats what i thought, imo they shouldvegone thinner, red eyes

What if it uses the same technique as TLBM Batgirl / Scoobie doo baddies and also the new Ghost for Antman and the Wasp. Other print will be her full face.

Unless this Black Manta figure is based upon some initial concept art (a.k.a. Ares), he surprisingly has little deviation in design from comic based source material. But, hey, at least he gives us a Black recolor of the initial mask/airtank mold from 2015, as I do always welcome recolors of these specialized parts.

As for Batwoman, sure, a fine figure all in all; but, her minifigure just could've been a great opportunity to introduce some dual molded Black legs with Bright Red boots. 

That Black Manta is extraordinarily cool. Stylized, without losing the comic feel, and the recolored headpiece is great! I'd love to see the original silver head on the new torso. Batwoman is clearly a figure I will love when we get higher quality images; I can't exactly make out what the face is trying to do yet, but once I know for sure, I'll be very down for her!

Mera and Aquaman have leaked! Mera uses Jynn Erso's head and a turquoise body. Aquaman is looking a lot more comic accurate with a brighter green set of legs and gloves. They're a couple of really nice figs and if we can just get Ocean Master it could be one of the best DC sets this year

Love that Mera, this makes me jealous as a marvel fan. Both of this have leg printing. 

I'm not a fan of the new Aquaman kinda comic looking but I know we're all different. Cool figs.

Fingers crossed that’s a placeholder hairpiece for Mera, as a crowned head would be spot on. Aquaman’s suit is good enough a match to put with comic style head/hair. Assuming it’s only the one set, as@Duncan Young says, potentially one of the best of the year.

Dark Turquoise Mera? Wow, I like the figure for that color choice alone, and Aquaman is surprisingly more comic styled than his incarnation in Justice League. 

Unless these designs are off from what will actually be seen in the film, I guess this is the direction they're taking the DCEU, given the on-set photos we've seen of Shazam's costume earlier. By the way, anyone planning on using this Aquaman variant's printed legs to upgrade their comic variant? :wink:

Those minifigures look good.  Not great, but still very nice.  Black Manta is the best of the set, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Dark Turquoise Mera? Wow, I like the figure for that color choice alone, and Aquaman is surprisingly more comic styled than his incarnation in Justice League. 

Unless these designs are off from what will actually be seen in the film, I guess this is the direction they're taking the DCEU, given the on-set photos we've seen of Shazam's costume earlier. By the way, anyone planning on using this Aquaman variant's printed legs to upgrade their comic variant? :wink:

Yeah, they seems accurate from what we know from set photos- Mera will have a brighter costume. There was some kind of statue leaked last summer that depicted Aquaman in his more comic accurate colours. Honestly, I'm all for it! Especially as it means they fit better with comic mini figures.

As you said, those legs on Aquaman are certainly going to be useful and for those of you wishing Mera had her crown, I suggest using the DCEU Wonder Woman head. 

By the way, looking at Batwoman's figure again, I started to wonder if she has TLBM Robin's mid-length cape recolored in Bright Red. Does it look like that may be the case to anybody else, or is it perhaps just a case of skewed perspective on my part? :shrug_confused:

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Honestly, I'm all for it! Especially as it means they fit better with comic mini figures.

You know, if anyone wanted to, someone could give their comic styled Aquaman Mera's Dark Turquoise legs for a different look, and then swap out his Green hands with Turquoise ones sourced from some other figure. :shrug_oh_well:

Wow I actually like these figs. Usually not a huge fan of the DCEU sets but if they include Ocean Master I might pick up this set. They already have the helmet mold for him (Atlantean Guards). 

The torso-styling on Aquaman will have to grow on me, but it is nice to see that they're going for a more gold-scaled style of the comic version. And the color of Mera caught me off guard, but I'll take it; maybe, if we're lucky, there'll be a different hairpiece. If not, still no complaints here.

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

And yet even Condiment King gets dual molded legs, go figure. 

I think The LEGO Batman Movie line had higher budget 

Both look awesome and I love their printing, but Mera kind of looks like Lois Lane playing dress-up between the generic female face and the style/color of the hair. I would’ve liked longer hair for Mera and the crown would’ve been cool too.

I love Mera. Body is incredible, I love that color and printing, hair is one of the best choices and face fits Mera good enough.

Aquaman, this one is worse. Hair and face is amazing, I love it (I know it's a reuse but no need for new). Everything is amazing, byt that torso. It's awful. His golden belt looks like it's made of fur, and prints are so simplistic and undetailed. But I like this minifigure.

I might end up getting this set, after incredible Mera, great Black Manta and good Aquaman. Probably last minifig will end up being Ocean Master. Or maybe we are getting two sets.

Hi does anyone know when brother eye takedown and attack of the talons be released in June or late July?

P.S. does anyone think we will ever see anymore joker sets such as a D2C (COMIC BOOK BASED) Joker funhouse or carnival likely the killing joke or Arkham City??

14 minutes ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi does anyone know when brother eye takedown and attack of the talons be released in June or late July?

P.S. does anyone think we will ever see anymore joker sets such as a D2C (COMIC BOOK BASED) Joker funhouse or carnival likely the killing joke or Arkham City??

I believe the batman sets are coming in August 

Aquaman looks great in in his new costume, the legs could even be used for his comic variant. I like the printing and blue-green color they used for Mera, she may not have her crown but that's accurate to the still we've seen of her outfit in this movie, only thing is her hair is actually red and I'd use a different piece, and Manta looks cool in an all black with red suit. I hope we get Orm with these three as well.

7 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

All the time Batman sets are being made there is the possibility that Joker will turn up again. However he has so many villains that fans are clamouring for that Lego are starting to use again. Joker was the antagonist of the TLBM and got the biggest Batman set. He also got Jokerland, which is the only large “building” for a villain. Killing Joke they would never use by name and nature - it’s R-Rated as a story. The all but visually confirmed RC Batmobile has the Arkham tag, but there is no word of Joker being in it. In my opinion there are more characters to embrace before we go revisiting the Joker again.