Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

6 hours ago, Ultron said:

These bat vehicles are so lazy and bad :sick: Batwoman is awesome though! Brother eye build isn't bad. I like it well enough

I don’t know, the trike we haven’t seen before; and the Batwing is a nice play on the idea that some of his vehicles transform, given its similarity to the Batski from the Freeze/Aquaman set, and it’s nowhere near as lazy as the 2nd gen Batwing. On a side note TLG have been churning out massive sets as of late and have felt the repercussions of that as the world faces austere times. It’s nice to get a couple of cheap sets with a decent figure range. Figure design is arguably the most important aspect of licensed sets, and you have two new moulds and four new characters over two small licensed sets, as well as the new Batsessory pack. If they sacrifice leg printing or dual moulding for character variation, and top level builds for playability, I say carry on.They will never please all of their fans all of the time, but they can’t be accused of not trying with this and the previous wave. Sorry, doing it again.

26 minutes ago, steveholt said:

would have been the perfect set to give us some dual molded Black/Red legs ?

I believe dual molded legs in regular Superhero sets are a thing of the past. Might get it from another figure in the future :)

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

42 minutes ago, steveholt said:

would have been the perfect set to give us some dual molded Black/Red legs ?

Agreed.  I'd love to see them spend a little more for small touches like this that have a huge impact.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I can't even tell why they made all those bat pieces. 

Fun?

Attack Of The Talons is a bland set too me. I guess the new bat pieces are cool but they come in the Brother Eye set too. I think Ace looks cool, that's about it for what I like. The build is ugly, nothing new, and I don't care for the new villains all that much, at least there new, but I would have performed someone like Hush or Mad Hatter who we still have not gotten for 12 years. Now the Brother's Eye set on the other I think looks really cool. I like the little Batwing, It feels like a while since we got a comic style one, The eye build though is my favorite part of the set, I just think it looks so cool and unique. Batwomen is a nice surprise and so is OMAC. Who I admit I had to google, (My DC knowledge doesin't go far out from the movies and Lego games). Overall I think the Brother's Eye set is awesome and don't care about the Talon one. The upcoming Arkham Batmobile is of no interest too me other then the fact that it could include Grundy so if I do get a set from this wave (which is to be honest not that likely) then it will be the Brother's Eye.

Edited by Khscarymovie4

14 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Just saw the sets on Brickset. Pretty disappointed. The vehicles are lazy, and I can't even tell why they made all those bat pieces. 

On 21 April 2018 at 9:16 AM, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t know, the trike we haven’t seen before; and the Batwing is a nice play on the idea that some of his vehicles transform, given its similarity to the Batski from the Freeze/Aquaman set, and it’s nowhere near as lazy as the 2nd gen Batwing. On a side note TLG have been churning out massive sets as of late and have felt the repercussions of that as the world faces austere times. It’s nice to get a couple of cheap sets with a decent figure range. Figure design is arguably the most important aspect of licensed sets, and you have two new moulds and four new characters over two small licensed sets, as well as the new Batsessory pack. If they sacrifice leg printing or dual moulding for character variation, and top level builds for playability, I say carry on.They will never please all of their fans all of the time, but they can’t be accused of not trying with this and the previous wave. Sorry, doing it again.

^ I think they're pretty cool, not fussed about the villains but the heroes are nice!

On 4/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, KevinMD said:

Batman’s dog looks like it uses the same mold as Superman’s dog. That seems kind of lazy

Is this a serious comment? This is the company that’s been using the same human mold for 40 years. But using the same dog body twice is lazy? Do you even Lego, bro?

1 hour ago, crockalley said:

Is this a serious comment? This is the company that’s been using the same human mold for 40 years. But using the same dog body twice is lazy? Do you even Lego, bro?

Exactly man the complaining on these forum's is unbelievable sometimes.  I think sometimes we afols forget these are sets targeted for kids.  I mean come on I think the sets are fine and my youngest likes all the bat parts case closed kids like it.  

9 hours ago, crockalley said:

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Exactly man the complaining on these forum's is unbelievable sometimes.  I think sometimes we afols forget these are sets targeted for kids.  I mean come on I think the sets are fine and my youngest likes all the bat parts case closed kids like it.  

Both of you are my heroes.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, crockalley said:

Three times. They also made Scooby-Doo!

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

Both of you are my heroes.

Thanks man glad somebody gets it.  

On 4/25/2018 at 8:29 PM, zoth33 said:

Exactly man the complaining on these forum's is unbelievable sometimes.  I think sometimes we afols forget these are sets targeted for kids. 

For me, when Lego fails to reuse a mold beyond its originally intended purpose, it's a damn shame. :sad:

On 4/27/2018 at 9:05 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

For me, when Lego fails to reuse a mold beyond its originally intended purpose, it's a damn shame. :sad:

Get ya but I grew up with limited lego colors and very few variations on lego minifig heads and i made it work as a kid and on into my teen years.  The amount of new molds and new colors and fig heads they make now is insane so I'm ok with what we get  I mean the possibilities are endless and they keep getting better compared to when I was younger I made things work with limited parts, colors, and figs.  I think we get a little to spoiled sometimes and expect to much.  If lego was this advanced when I was a kid i would have shat myself.  Being a kid now and into lego would be awesome.  But maybe that's just me.  

Hi does anyone know/think we will ever see a rerelease of the Heath Ledger Joker Figure in a more affordable set? 

Also if there are any customizers on here I am willing to pay $30usd if you can make a Heath Ledger Joker based on the design in 76023? 

54 minutes ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi does anyone know/think we will ever see a rerelease of the Heath Ledger Joker Figure in a more affordable set? 

Also if there are any customizers on here I am willing to pay $30usd if you can make a Heath Ledger Joker based on the design in 76023? 

You can Bricklink it for less than $30: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sh133#T=P

In February, in LEGO NYTF promo text  we had rumor about Aquaman movie sets?

Is something changed? Does any of useres knows about this sets? Are they going to happen?

2 hours ago, adam1210leg said:

In February, in LEGO NYTF promo text  we had rumor about Aquaman movie sets?

Is something changed? Does any of useres knows about this sets? Are they going to happen?

As far as my knowledge goes Nothing has changed and there is stuff coming. The aqua man movie is due out in December and based on how they did wonder women we will probably get only one exclusive set in August so we won’t see anything about the set for another month or two 

I know this year is booked as far as DC Comics goes, but I thought I'd just share this here:

P.S. Nicolas Cage is voicing Superman while Will Arnett is voicing Deathstroke (a.k.a. Slade Wilson).

I can't stand that animation style and the Dimensions Teen Titans minifigs were horrible.

6 hours ago, Sammael said:

I can't stand that animation style and the Dimensions Teen Titans minifigs were horrible.

I love it, and them.