Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What do you mean by "in response to TLBM"? :shrug_confused:

I thought the inclusion of a new Batgirl meant that Lego wanted to build on the popularity of the TLBM Batgirl from the movie. 

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

I have a question that maybe someone who knows more about Lego's design process could answer; currently the storyline in Detective Comics is dealing with Brother Eye/OMAC and in that story Batwoman is a pivotal character so it cannot be a coincidence that we now get a set like this. So my question is this; does Lego get information from DC about future storylines featured in their comics?

But I think this guy ^ might be on the money instead. 

Also, no word on the identity of Mr. Blue in Brother Eye?

I love the new batarangs, but a whole new bat shapes pack like the blasts seems excessive. Ace is alright and I like the batwoman but the other new figs are too obscure to be too much a pull. I might get these if there on sale on aazon prime day or something like that but they don't appeal compared to the winter wave as of yet.

21 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I thought the inclusion of a new Batgirl meant that Lego wanted to build on the popularity of the TLBM Batgirl from the movie. 

But I think this guy ^ might be on the money instead. 

Also, no word on the identity of Mr. Blue in Brother Eye?

Batwoman is a different person to Batgirl. Lego has a working relationship with DC, so it would be remiss of both parties not to utilise that. The blue figure is an OMAC, a group of cyborgs that spread a virus turning people into more OMACs. The Brother Eye is the satellite that controls them, originally a Batman creation.

19 minutes ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

;)

Sorry, I don't speak "leaker". What does this mean?

Oooooh, Grundy is long overdue... Here's hoping I'm reading these hints correctly.

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get Batman Beyond, although this Batgirl figure does look great. So I'll have to keep debating whether to get a custom or not...

Also great additions to the Batman collection! Looking forward to adding Ace to my colleciton too!

Batman’s dog looks like it uses the same mold as Superman’s dog. That seems kind of lazy

56 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Batman’s dog looks like it uses the same mold as Superman’s dog. That seems kind of lazy

Both Krypto and Ace are reusing one of Scooby Doo's bodies. The only new molds are their heads.

Grundy and Copperhead are two villains I think we've been wanting for a while, can't wait to see those two. Only Giganta and Toyman are left, actually a normal Bizarro too, and we can complete the original Legion of Doom

Batwoman, OMAC, Ace, and the Talons will all be nice minifigures to have.

Grundy would be an excellent and long overdue choice to include in a set.  I just hope that LEGO would make him a bigfig.  Copperhead would also be a great choice, though I wonder which version would be most likely for LEGO to make.

2 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Both Krypto and Ace are reusing one of Scooby Doo's bodies. The only new molds are their heads.

Grundy and Copperhead are two villains I think we've been wanting for a while, can't wait to see those two. Only Giganta and Toyman are left, actually a normal Bizarro too, and we can complete the original Legion of Doom

Untrue. Scooby’s body was in a slightly different pose and had his collar molded into the body. Krypto and Ace’s have a collar molded to the head and a plain body. 

Had TLG known they’d produce these two characters so shortly after Scooby’s production, I’m sure they’d have made all three share the same body. 

42 minutes ago, saysonder said:

Untrue. Scooby’s body was in a slightly different pose and had his collar molded into the body. Krypto and Ace’s have a collar molded to the head and a plain body. 

Had TLG known they’d produce these two characters so shortly after Scooby’s production, I’m sure they’d have made all three share the same body. 

Ah, you're right. I wrongly thought they were trying to get as much use out of Scooby's body.

4 hours ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Only Giganta and Toyman are left, actually a normal Bizarro too, and we can complete the original Legion of Doom

Hopefully we get a brick-built Giganta soon. Ideally in a set with Wonder Woman's invisible jet, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy and perhaps Steve Trevor? I'd happily swap Trevor for Cassie Sandsmark or Artemis.

Hi does anyone know if we will get anything with the joker in the summer wave I missed out on getting the Jokerland which I regret passing up. I know we have seen TLBM joker. but I mean a Comic book Version fun fact: this year will mark the 10 year anniversary of The Dark Knight and and the 30th anniversary of Batman The Killing Joke so if there was ever a time to do a joker set I think it would be know. please let me know joker is my favorite villain of all time thanks and can’t wait to get this years sets. 

P.S. I know we have the juniors set but I am not into buying those.

Been away from this thread for quite awhile but seeing Kathy Kane in lego form is a delight. Not to confuse her with Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) because Batwoman is a completely different character. A nice addition to the bat family especially she's one of the stars of Detective Comics. I'm glad Lego made a new mold for her cowl

1 hour ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi does anyone know if we will get anything with the joker in the summer wave I missed out on getting the Jokerland which I regret passing up. I know we have seen TLBM joker. but I mean a Comic book Version fun fact: this year will mark the 10 year anniversary of The Dark Knight and and the 30th anniversary of Batman The Killing Joke so if there was ever a time to do a joker set I think it would be know. please let me know joker is my favorite villain of all time thanks and can’t wait to get this years sets. 

P.S. I know we have the juniors set but I am not into buying those.

Nope nothing Joker related coming. The Juniors Joker figure is exactly like the regular set Joker but even has a new expression so if you really want a comic version of Joker I would highly suggest you just pick up the Juniors set.

Brother Eye currently appearing in Injustice 2 comic run. Batman currently has control.

As for sets. The Batwing is a knock off of the mr frezze set and the 3 wheel bike is nice. Overall i will again be throwing my money at lego.

No images for the remote control Batmobile?

sad we didn't get a court of owls member, but pretty happy with these sets.

will be army building some omacs and talons

Edited by steveholt

10 hours ago, x105Black said:

All of the Bat symbols and such are going to be great for my Castle builds and Bat faction.

Hey, brilliant! :thumbup: :smug:

I suppose they could be reused as shields perhaps? :shrug_oh_well:

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, brilliant! :thumbup: :smug:

I suppose they could be reused as shields perhaps? :shrug_oh_well:

One of them actually is a shield.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Even better.

I'm kinda reaching here, but what if these "bat parts" were instead made in mind for a Fright Knights reboot? :sarcasm_smug:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm kinda reaching here, but what if these "bat parts" were instead made in mind for a Fright Knights reboot? :sarcasm_smug:

That could actually be cool.

These bat vehicles are so lazy and bad :sick: Batwoman is awesome though! Brother eye build isn't bad. I like it well enough