Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

22 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Yeah, all the bat elements look great!

While I didn't initially understand the point of them, I'm now wondering if they were made with the intention of being utilized for Batman BrickHeadz sets. :shrug_confused:

25 minutes ago, x105Black said:

And the dog!

Including Batwoman, now we're two members closer to a bigger Lego Bat-Family! :grin:

Whoop. Just the third set left now. 'Big' surprises and all. >_>

The Batman in Talons is/was supposed to be Thrasher suit by the way. And I've been looking forward to Batwoman for so long. She looks pretty good! 

Edited by Catanas

Wow, Batwoman! Was definitely not expecting that. Looks like a great addition to the Bat-Family. Talon set is okay I guess nothing really impressive but at least we get Ace which is always fun.

1 hour ago, Catanas said:

You just love teasing us don't you... :P

I don’t care that these sets are Bat-centric, they are awesome, and Batwoman! I had a feeling it would be her rather than Beyond. And new elements as well as the lineup. Happy days :grin:

I can totally see how Batwoman was mistaken for Terry, her and Bathound are my favorites of this mini wave, and Brother eye looks decently built. Though I feel like the bat accessories are a bit of a waste, especially don't like the nolan symbols.

Those sets look much better! I'm not sold on the OMAC or those new Bat-Pieces but those Talons are excellent, gotta army build those!

When are we expecting the third set to be leaked? A Monday perhaps?

2 hours ago, Catanas said:

25 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

? better not be a cryptic wind up!

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. Although I like Marvel more than DC I like Bat-fam more than Marvel. I'm so excited that DC Superheroes seems to take a lot from the comics (wish the Marvel Superheroes did this more) and I cannot wait to get those Talons. I hope at some point we get a plain white owl mask mini figs too. 

35 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Grundy? If so that would certainly be an interesting choice.

3 hours ago, Catanas said:

The Batman in Talons is/was supposed to be Thrasher suit by the way. And I've been looking forward to Batwoman for so long. She looks pretty good! 

Can you give us a tease on the minifigures? :wink:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I think Duncan young already did

The word was surprises :wink: although frankly at this stage if there is a non Bat-fig, or even a new one on top of that, it’s gravy. The massive hint we already have is Gold.

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think Duncan young already did

It just seems too good to be true :laugh: but if the bat mobile is the Arkham version than it would be an Arkham Grundy? 

I have been debating buying a custom Batwoman for some time-- super glad I didn't now! I'm sooo glad to see the Rebirth Batman is appearing again; it's about time we had a new "standard" fig as I have way too many black suited and New 52 Batsuits.

The Talons are perfect; I'll be tempted to get several more for an army. And Ace is looking rather fun too.

While the Bat elements seem odd for play functions, I bet they'll be useful in MOCs.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

The word was surprises :wink: although frankly at this stage if there is a non Bat-fig, or even a new one on top of that, it’s gravy. The massive hint we already have is Gold.

Well, Grundy's name is Cyrus Gold. So there you go.

5 hours ago, Catanas said:

New Trans-Red canopy recolor? Bluetooth enabled Power Functions? :grin:

Sets look great, and I'm guessing the Batwoman fig is in response to the Lego Batman Movie? That'll be cool. 

Who's the blue fig in the Brother Eye set?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

15 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Sets look great, and I'm guessing the Batwoman fig is in response to the Lego Batman Movie? That'll be cool. 

What do you mean by "in response to TLBM"? :shrug_confused:

Didn't know Batman has a Bat-dog... I've always thought of him more as a cat person

And Batwoman looks excellent!

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

What do you mean by "in response to TLBM"? :shrug_confused:

I'm guessing she/he means thay people took well to the batgirl character promting this figures addition. I don't believe so myself though. I think that Lego DC has always given us B, C and even D list characters in the sets.

I have a question that maybe someone who knows more about Lego's design process could answer; currently the storyline in Detective Comics is dealing with Brother Eye/OMAC and in that story Batwoman is a pivotal character so it cannot be a coincidence that we now get a set like this. So my question is this; does Lego get information from DC about future storylines featured in their comics?