Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some recent reports do indicate that Black Manta's movie design will stay close to the source material, so you're probably right in assuming that the minifig will be pretty similar (unless they want to include a minifig head beneath the helmet, in which case a new mould would be required).

What I find really strange is the fact that the Aquaman set(s) aren't featured in the leaked catalogue even though Aquaman was explicitly mentioned in the NYTF press release... So it's either a retailer-exclusive set (like the Wonder Woman set which was TRU- exclusive IIRC) or doesn't get released this year, which would be really weird since movie-tie-ins usually get released two to three months ahead of the respective movie and the NYTF certainly isn't the place to announce sub-themes that wouldn't be introduced until the year after :grin:

Just like Ant-Man and The Wasp. But you can notice that there were only three super heroes sets after March, and we have got two movies, and probably a comic wave for Marvel too.

Having looked at the cover again, the figure is inside Sinestro’s ring blast. I’m calling Atom for the shape or a Lantern or Lantern deputy for the minifig.

17 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Kinda dissapointed that the Batman on the cover is the new 52 version and not the rebirth one

It's also the New 52 Wonder Woman and, interestingly, the OG Lego Batman line Harley Quinn instead of the newer Super Heroes version. Probably nothing to read into that, other than that the visual designer liked the way these figures looked best for the cover.

12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Having looked at the cover again, the figure is inside Sinestro’s ring blast. I’m calling Atom for the shape or a Lantern or Lantern deputy for the minifig.

Interesting detail. I bet it's just to look good and has no relation to the figure itself, though.

22 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Atom would be great.

24 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

So leaks show Super Hero Girls is not dead.

Those leaks are better quality images of a catalogue that came out in August. They say the sets come out in January. I’m also 90% sure they are canceled sets 

Edited by Falconfan1414

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Those leaks are better quality images of a catalogue that came out in August. They say the sets come out in January. I’m also 90% sure they are canceled sets 

Fair play. To be honest at this stage I would be more surprised if the theme was still going. There’s been no mention of it, but the only pictures there have been are old catalogue pages. Ah well, time will tell, but don’t get your hopes up, I guess.

That’s annoying considering they’ve already been designed and everything and were intended to be released. Seemed like they were gonna be very cool sets. 

On 3/2/2018 at 3:15 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I would like to see these but I can't find them. Any idea what site is hosting the images?

I'd be more surprised if it were cancelled given Brain Drain & another LEGO DCSHG film in May. One film being released, maybe but two films suggest it's still alive

On 3/2/2018 at 2:15 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

Unless they've been pushed back, it definitely sounds like that this theme is dead. :sceptic:

Come to think of it, how often has that happened, if at all? Have we ever had leaked catalog preliminaries of unreleased playsets surface before their planned release date? Typically, I think we usually come to knowledge of canceled sets way after the fact. :def_shrug:

On 3/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, linnormlord said:

I would like to see these but I can't find them. Any idea what site is hosting the images?

I never saved the image myself, but I remember seeing them originally posted by a particular Instagram user who was one of our first leakers (that at least I knew of) of 2018 set images.

I really hope we get more than one Aquaman set,because if we do get one it's highly likely to be an exclusive and I hate those.Last year that Wonder Woman set wasn't available in Greece and it probably never will.

So fingers crossed for atleast two Aquaman sets.

Edited by LOTR34

A Lex Luthor Superman leaked. I’m not sure if he comes with the flash movie or the new dc book. But overall looks like a pretty decent figure 

@Falconfan1414 I really hope that is commercially available. I know it’s unusual to see a SDCC leak but I have no interest in them. Most likely would be the game, that’s villain based.

If I had to guess, I'd lean toward being the video game preorder bonus, since there's no indication of him being in Flash's movie like that, and no indication of a caped figure for the book's silhouette (not that the silhouette is necessarily accurate, since we have no clue).

Take note people: This is the first time Lego has given Lex leg printing!

Great fig, I'd love to see more Rebirth styled characters: Jessica Cruz, Superman and Firefly come to mind

Wow. That's kinda cool, even though I'm not familiar with the story arc that figure would be based upon. The only thing I find strange though, is that he has New 52 Superman's emblem, even though we don't yet have a 52 styled Superman. :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

If I had to guess, I'd lean toward being the video game preorder bonus, since there's no indication of him being in Flash's movie like that, and no indication of a caped figure for the book's silhouette (not that the silhouette is necessarily accurate, since we have no clue).

Videogame? Are we expecting a fourth LEGO Batman videogame, or something similar? 

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow. That's kinda cool, even though I'm not familiar with the story arc that figure would be based upon. The only thing I find strange though, is that he has New 52 Superman's emblem, even though we don't yet have a 52 styled Superman. :sceptic:

Videogame? Are we expecting a fourth LEGO Batman videogame, or something similar? 

He puts on the suit in Rebirth to put out public image as a hero. The New 52 Superman had died publicly, and the current Superman is an older post-Crisis Superman reintroduced in the timeline.

As for the game, yes. A DC Villains game has been leaked by a fairly respectable source alongside word of the Incredibles game.

1 minute ago, PepperoniBricks said:

As for the game, yes. A DC Villains game has been leaked by a fairly respectable source alongside word of the Incredibles game.

Ah, okay, now I remember that rumor. Still a strange sounding idea though. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Great fig, I'd love to see more Rebirth styled characters: Jessica Cruz, Superman and Firefly come to mind

I would be ever so slightly vexed if we were to see Cruz and/or Baz before Guy. Happy to see them, but still.

20 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I would be ever so slightly vexed if we were to see Cruz and/or Baz before Guy. Happy to see them, but still.

I would be vexed to get more Green Lanterns before any other Corps

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Wasn't the figure a generic looking style? Just head, torso, legs, cos if so that could easily be a standin

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I would be vexed to get more Green Lanterns before any other Corps

Wasn't the figure a generic looking style? Just head, torso, legs, cos if so that could easily be a standin

It was generic. That's why I'm not ruling out the book possibility.