Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Given the Arkham-based look

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

isn’t the Copperhead of  that world a woman

But lego always be mix of universes. It's not necessary. 

1 hour ago, ZoKpooL said:

But lego always be mix of universes. It's not necessary. 

True, after all, they seem to be including a 'Krypto the Superdog' based Ace in the same set as the New 52 Talons. IF it were Copperhead, it would make more sense to go for the more colourful and memorable costume than the muted Origins look 

Edited by Duncan Young

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

True, after all, they seem to be including a 'Krypto the Superdog' based Ace in the same set as the New 52 Talons. IF it were Copperhead, it would make more sense to go for the more colourful and memorable costume than the muted Origins look 

I would rather the trad suit as well, more in keeping than a character from a universe that hasn’t had representation before. @ZoKpooL yeah, they went above and beyond in the movie, and have blended Teen Titans, Young Justice, New 52, Rebirth, and classic suits and characters. I’m not anti the gender swap, I’m just being highly selfish in only wanting the John Doe variant :laugh:

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m not anti the gender swap, I’m just being highly selfish in only wanting the John Doe variant

This.

Original PostCrisis Copperhead very, very cool. 

For me it's a huge relief Lego are finally going back to comic based Batman sets.  It was great to get some obscure Batman villains from the Lego Batman movie line, but there was just some awful designs of some characters imo.  

I do hope Lego will keep up with the obscure characters though.

I wasn't a fan of a lot of the A and B listers in the Lego Batman Movie, but all the obscure villains seemed mostly spot on.

Wasn't a fan of Bane or Killer Croc. Wish they used the LB3 video game designs as they were perfect.

43 minutes ago, steveholt said:

I wasn't a fan of a lot of the A and B listers in the Lego Batman Movie, but all the obscure villains seemed mostly spot on.

Wasn't a fan of Bane or Killer Croc. Wish they used the LB3 video game designs as they were perfect.

Same here, I just gave all the A-Listers their standard heads and hairpieces, although the bigfigs have grown on me. Not entirely sure why Killer Moth had an exposed mouth, that was more Firefly's thing

The new Lego flash movie has ace the bat hound in it, I really hope that's the version we'll be getting in the upcoming set.  I'd love to see that zatanna,Dr fate and atom show up sometime soon too

Edited by SgtKilr

Sounds like we'll be getting at least one set for Aquaman:

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes returns with new building sets inspired by DC's comic books and the Warner Bros. Studio's theatrical releases, including Superman, Justice League, and the upcoming release of Aquaman. New Mighty Micros feature DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains plus their mini vehicles.

https://brickset.com/article/34369/lego-at-nytf-2018

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sounds like we'll be getting at least one set for Aquaman:

LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes returns with new building sets inspired by DC's comic books and the Warner Bros. Studio's theatrical releases, including Superman, Justice League, and the upcoming release of Aquaman. New Mighty Micros feature DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains plus their mini vehicles.

https://brickset.com/article/34369/lego-at-nytf-2018

Awesome.  2 sets would be better. 

I'm surprised that Lego hasn't officially revealed the App Controlled Batmobile at Toy Fair, it seems like the kind of set they'd want retailers to see.

When should we expect official images for the summer sets? We've normally relied on Toy Fairs in prior years

I got the new catalogue the other day and since I don't really pay much attention to the licensed sets, it wasn't until I read through the catalogue that I learned that there's going to be a set featuring Lobo and his bike.

Since the Main Man is one of my favourite comic book characters, I'm legit hyped for this set.

Edited by ZORK64

It is? According to the catalogue, it's scheduled for a release this March, and I thought that's at least the German release date - however, the set is also already available in the online store.

Well, once I have the time, I'll pay my local LEGO Store a visit, I guess. :wink:

13 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

I got the new catalogue the other day and since I don't really pay much attention to the licensed sets, it wasn't until I read through the catalogue that I learned that there's going to be a set featuring Lobo and his bike.

Since the Main Man is one of my favourite comic book characters, I'm legit hyped for this set.

It’s a great set! It was actually announced with official images last July. 

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great that we are getting Aquaman set or sets, I hope there will be Mera, Ocean Master and Black Manta.

We already got a Black Manta in 2015, and honestly I think its the best figure we could get of him. Unless the Aquaman movie costume is really different I don't think they'll update the figure much.

1 hour ago, notulisse said:

We already got a Black Manta in 2015, and honestly I think its the best figure we could get of him. Unless the Aquaman movie costume is really different I don't think they'll update the figure much.

Some recent reports do indicate that Black Manta's movie design will stay close to the source material, so you're probably right in assuming that the minifig will be pretty similar (unless they want to include a minifig head beneath the helmet, in which case a new mould would be required).

What I find really strange is the fact that the Aquaman set(s) aren't featured in the leaked catalogue even though Aquaman was explicitly mentioned in the NYTF press release... So it's either a retailer-exclusive set (like the Wonder Woman set which was TRU- exclusive IIRC) or doesn't get released this year, which would be really weird since movie-tie-ins usually get released two to three months ahead of the respective movie and the NYTF certainly isn't the place to announce sub-themes that wouldn't be introduced until the year after :grin:

1 hour ago, RobLego said:

Atom, Zatanna, Samurai, Dr. Fate, Red Tornado would alll be great options for the book minifigure.

What about the Flash movie? Is it coming with a minifigure?

@Lionbear8 still nothing, really hoping that they throw us a bone.

@RobLego the cover has been leaked, and the space for the fig is decidedly headgear-less. Either that is just a placeholder or we are looking at someone like Atom.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Lionbear8 still nothing, really hoping that they throw us a bone.

@RobLego the cover has been leaked, and the space for the fig is decidedly headgear-less. Either that is just a placeholder or we are looking at someone like Atom.

I think (but I could be wrong) that previous placeholder pics have been like that too, with just a generic minifig silhouette.

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I think (but I could be wrong) that previous placeholder pics have been like that too, with just a generic minifig silhouette.

It’s odd, because the image is now on Amazon, but no details of the book, suggesting the figure is mentioned by name.