Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Are you positive it’s a Court of Owls set or just and educated guess?

Its definitely Court of Owls based given the name of the set though there won't be any members of the court just 2 talons.

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

1 minute ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Its definitely Court of Owls based given the name of the set though there won't be any members of the court just 2 talons.

Thanks! That’s a bit strange. 

14 minutes ago, froggy95 said:

Thanks! That’s a bit strange. 

Not really, Talons are where the action is.

12 minutes ago, DrasticPlastic said:

The app controlled batmobile looks like nothing and has no figures. Shame, a cockpit and figure would surely have been easy additions.

The impression given is that it is bigger than minifig scale.

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Not really, Talons are where the action is.

Hopefully they look like this!

0c6413571e31c3a85d3b2857cd14ae3f.jpg

According to the prelims, the Talons are green. One has two sabers and the other one has I'd say claws, but it's hard to see

Edited by Shahennian

2 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

According to the prelims, the Talons are green. One has two sabers and the other one has I'd say claws, but it's hard to see

They’re just using Ra’s Al Ghul’s torso as a stand-in, just as Zebra Man is being used to represent the OMAC. 

I wonder what they’re going to do for the Talon’s masks. New mold or a reuse of the Black Panther piece?

Brother Eye looks very similar to Sauron from the Lego Batman Movie. His main "body" is made from four of part 88293, it seems. From what I've seen of the blurry preliminary images, he's the only good build of the wave. Batman's massive 3 wheeler looks weird, his downsized batwing looks weedy and like it was thrown in as an afterthought. The RC looks like it was compressed lengthwise.

10 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Who are the minifigures in the Brother Eye set? I can’t tell.

Batman, Batman Beyond and an OMAC (Zebra is being used as a placeholder)

11 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Who are the minifigures in the Brother Eye set? I can’t tell.

Batman, Batman Beyond, and an OMAC soldier, I think.

EDIT: Never mind...

Edited by Felkin
Ninja'd

52 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

They’re green actually. Look like League of Assasins members more than anything.

Have you actually seen the figures or are just basing that on the prelim back art? 

Is anyone else sort of disapointed with the DC superhero sets focus returning to batman?

We just had a whole theme where he was the main focus and we where getting more different DC superheroes in the DC superheroes line. But now that Lego Batman is finished it looks like they are just putting their rejected ideas into the DC sets. This wave could have had the Justice League Dark, Plastic Man with the new long armed body piece, Booster Gold, an easier way of getting Bizarro or Shazam. But instead we're getting more Lego Batman. :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, notulisse said:

Is anyone else sort of disapointed with the DC superhero sets focus returning to batman?

We just had a whole theme where he was the main focus and we where getting more different DC superheroes in the DC superheroes line. But now that Lego Batman is finished it looks like they are just putting their rejected ideas into the DC sets. This wave could have had the Justice League Dark, Plastic Man with the new long armed body piece, Booster Gold, an easier way of getting Bizarro or Shazam. But instead we're getting more Lego Batman. :sceptic:

It appears that the pattern will continue to be:

Justice League sets in the winter wave  (As seen in 2015/18)

Batman sets in summer (As seen in 2015/16/18)

This of course, changed in winter 2016, due to the Batman v Superman sets, and in 2017, due to the Lego Batman Movie, Wonder Woman and Justice League sets 

3 hours ago, ItamatTheGreat said:

To be honest - it looks kinda boring. The bat-plane (whatever it'll be) looks blocky and old. The eye looks cool, but the rc batmobile is meh. The third set is reallu to blury to say anything. Could be nice though.

Totally agree with this. I like the Court of Owls so hopefully the last set will be good.

2 hours ago, froggy95 said:

Hopefully they look like this!

On this prelim if look on names of characters in corner of box it's look separate names, and not "Talon x2". 

It's look like it will be 'greatest' Talons, not random who look like this.

48 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It appears that the pattern will continue to be:

Justice League sets in the winter wave  (As seen in 2015/18)

Batman sets in summer (As seen in 2015/16/18)

This of course, changed in winter 2016, due to the Batman v Superman sets, and in 2017, due to the Lego Batman Movie, Wonder Woman and Justice League sets 

There might also be the element of design. Batman is easy as to create a set for. Think of an extravagant vehicle and he probably had one, as did his rogues. Without building the LoD Darth Vader house or Hall of Justice for boys, the build choices are limited. We’ve had the invisible light aircraft, another - admittedly better - Lexmech, apparently Killer Frost moonlights clearing snow, and Atlantis is in ruins again. Mind you, I quite liked the microbuild submarine for Aquaman that Dimensions produced. It would be nice upscale, if, you know, pointless. They dabble with the most vibrant characters in the Lanterns. Maybe alternating between Bats and everyone else is a way of spreading the love a bit further.

22 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Are we sure the app controlled Batmobile is Arkham Knight based? All I see is the New 52 Batman logo, no Arkham branding.

They wouldn’t brand it as Arkham knight as that’s a mature game.

however I don’t think it is the Arkham Batmobile, it looks completely different. I’m not sure what batmobile it’s trying to be but it’s definitely. Not Arkham Knight.

7 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

They wouldn’t brand it as Arkham knight as that’s a mature game.

however I don’t think it is the Arkham Batmobile, it looks completely different. I’m not sure what batmobile it’s trying to be but it’s definitely. Not Arkham Knight.

It doesn't look like the Arkham logo to me: I think it's just the word BATMAN in white against a black Bat symbol. Similar style, but not the same. The other summer Batman sets don't have that logo, but there's space for it, so I assume they will all be branded as such, to distinguish them from the Justice League sets that have just come out.

Just now, Felkin said:

It doesn't look like the Arkham logo to me: I think it's just the word BATMAN in white against a black Bat symbol. Similar style, but not the same. The other summer Batman sets don't have that logo, but there's space for it, so I assume they will all be branded as such, to distinguish them from the Justice League sets that have just come out.

It’s the New 52 Batman symbol.