Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

@SpiderJazz does the Talon set look army builder size or bigger? Thinking of potential numbers here. I mean you can’t have a Night of Owls with two Talons. OMAC sounds army builder size, but I’m not sure if I want an OMAC army. Ace, cool. Beyond suit, cool.

2 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

I’m just worried for Firefly, The Hatter and Hush (who is not that obscure haha) because if they weren’t released in the Lego Batman Movie, why weren’t they? Most A, B, Z list batvillains were. 

As well as a Hawkman/girl villain and a Green Arrow villain.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego doesn’t really care about informational leaks they care more about unofficial pictures leaking more than anything 

Are you sure bro? (No doubting just wanting to confirm).

21 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Are you sure bro? (No doubting just wanting to confirm).

Well yea there have info about sets that have leaked half a year to a year ahead of there realease dates. Think about the Thor ragnorck Sets info for them was released December 2016 and Lego doesn’t really care other all they can do is try harder to stop the leaks from happening but they do. They care about official images being released before hand so knock off brands don’t rip them off 

44 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Hawkman/girl villain

But Gentleman Ghost IS Batman Villain. 

As well Clock King. 

Truly, Hawks ARCH-nemesis of Kraddock, but Gentleman Jim have very long history with Bats, first fights with him even before  first appearance of Croc or Magpie or many others. 

Clock King fights with Batman in comics as well. 

Not to mention movie like a tribute different versions of Bat-Myth itself, and Clock and Ghost be prominent in Brave and Bold cartoon series. 

2 hours ago, J4ck said:

As well as a Hawkman/girl villain and a Green Arrow villain.

Don't forget the Flash villain too. Seriously, I only found like three instances where Batman fought Captain Boomerang, and there was only one 80's comic while the rest is modern Suicide Squad comics and Assault on Arkham.

Him being in the TLBM just adds to my conspiracy that Lego is turning Digger into a Batvillain, ever since LB2. On Lego's website they don't even mention the Flash in his bio, at least Gentleman Ghost's mentions Hawkgirl.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

@SpiderJazz does the Talon set look army builder size or bigger? Thinking of potential numbers here. I mean you can’t have a Night of Owls with two Talons. OMAC sounds army builder size, but I’m not sure if I want an OMAC army. Ace, cool. Beyond suit, cool.

I'm not really a Batman guy, but I think @Falconfan1414 can answer your question. 

I dunno which is which. If the Talon set is the 2nd one, absolutely it's bigger and not like an army builder set.

I can see the prices being $20 and $25-30

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Like @SpiderJazz said I have seen the sets and can answer any questions you guys have 

Besides the two playsets, have you also seen the purportedly "app controlled" Batmobile?

7 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides the two playsets, have you also seen the purportedly "app controlled" Batmobile?

Yes I have seen that set as well

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes I have seen that set as well

What particularly suggests that this set is "app controlled"? Does the preliminary artwork feature any icons or text that communicate that?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

What particularly suggests that this set is "app controlled"? Does the preliminary artwork feature any icons or text that communicate that?

They show pretty much a iPhone controlling it. On the box art they are pushing up on the controls and it shows the wheels moving

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They show pretty much a iPhone controlling it. On the box art they are pushing up on the controls and it shows the wheels moving

Alright then, thanks! :classic:

As for the Batmobile's design, does it really resemble the Arkham Knight one, or only vaguely?

Alright then, thanks! :classic:

As for the Batmobile's design, does it really resemble the Arkham Knight one, or only vaguely?

It resembles it well but it’s more compact than the actual video game one if that makes sense. The Arkham logo is on the box too. They use a new wheel mold too for it

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They use a new wheel mold too for it

Really? That's pretty cool, but is it a new tire mold, a new wheel mold, or both?

Also, is the Batmobile presumably Black, or perhaps is it some sort of shade of dark grey, much like the vehicle in the actual game?

Really? That's pretty cool, but is it a new tire mold, a new wheel mold, or both?

Also, is the Batmobile presumably Black, or perhaps is it some sort of shade of dark grey, much like the vehicle in the actual game?

Looks like both can’t tell for sure. It’s all in black

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like both can’t tell for sure. It’s all in black

Well okay then, thanks for all the information! That's probably all I can think of to ask currently. :classic:

Well here is just a general recap for everyone. There in total will be 3 different batman this wave and two of them will be stand outs. Ace the bat hound is coming. I can see the smaller set being 20-25 the larger set being 25-30

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It resembles it well but it’s more compact than the actual video game one if that makes sense. The Arkham logo is on the box too. They use a new wheel mold too for it

Do you know if it transforms into a combat mode like it does in game?

Just now, Duncan Young said:

I have only seen the front of the box but it doesn’t give any indication like it can. I just would call it a basic remote control Lego car

2 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't think so, too blocky if you ask me. 

3 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Is the Batman Beyond minifigure the same design from the Lego Batman Movie (with the Type 2 Cowl and red cape) or different?

I don’t know the final design the images are priminaries but the figure is coming i am 99.99999% sure of it. Most likely more of a comic book look than lbm movie design

56 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm not really a Batman guy, but I think @Falconfan1414 can answer your question. 

I dunno which is which. If the Talon set is the 2nd one, absolutely it's bigger and not like an army builder set.

I can see the prices being $20 and $25-30

Thank you anyway, its all bonus information that you don’t have to give out. Always grateful for it. And thank you to @Falconfan1414

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know the final design the images are priminaries but the figure is coming i am 99.99999% sure of it. Most likely more of a comic book look than lbm movie design

Thank you for the info!  Considering how the TLBM Batman Beyond is very close to the comic version, I'll almost certainly end up buying it when its released either way.  Hopefully some pictures will be released to the public before too long.