Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

From what we've heard so far, it doesn't sound like there will be any other summer sets beyond the three we've heard of, but nonetheless, this is the first trailer for the cinematic Teen Titans Go movie.

*snip*

Well, that was awful. I hope Lego doesn't waste their time making sets for that.

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Well, that was awful. I hope Lego doesn't waste their time making sets for that.

TTG is pretty divisive, to be honest. I really didn’t like it when I first saw it but my son watched it enough and I gradually got the joke. I would also say that like the Powerpuff Girls, Lego would want to make the most of the franchise (I know its DC, but they will have invested in the show as well), having made a new head for Beast Boy, and given the game, probably conceived a few other parts. Don’t be surprised if they make something based off of the movie, even if the spoiler trailer looks pants.

On 10 January 2018 at 10:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Besides, an RC Lego Batmobile is a cool enough idea with or without minifigures. 

Agreed.

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

TTG is pretty divisive, to be honest. I really didn’t like it when I first saw it but my son watched it enough and I gradually got the joke. I would also say that like the Powerpuff Girls, Lego would want to make the most of the franchise (I know its DC, but they will have invested in the show as well), having made a new head for Beast Boy, and given the game, probably conceived a few other parts. Don’t be surprised if they make something based off of the movie, even if the spoiler trailer looks pants.

Divisive, yes.

I'm of the opposite opinion @ood0.  I love TTG.  My kids love it as well.  It's meta as heck, and as a old timey comic book fan, I love all the references and easter eggs.  I'd love to see a couple LEGO sets from the movie.  Maybe we could get Aqualad or Terra or the Fearsome Five (all speculation, no spoilers - I have no idea who else is in the movie beyond the main TTG cast of 5).

6 hours ago, ood0 said:

Nether do I, as it would only give us horrid looking figures that many fans wouldn't want anything to do with anyway. The only thing I liked about the trailer was the self deprecating tone bookending its beginning and end. Other than that, the central gist of the trailer was a lame fart joke. :hmpf:

But, this movie is apparently the third major Teen Titans related production coming out this year, with a live action TV show adaptation of the comics and the third season of Young Justice both premiering later in 2018. So if anything, all three of those may help make the Teen Titans more relevant in pop culture, therefore increasing the potential possibility of future comic based Teen Titans sets in the near future.

Wow, I wasn't aware the show was this divisive, all I really see about it online is criticism. I will admit, it's not the worst thing that's currently on Cartoon Network (unless Supernoobs was cancelled), and it is sometimes fairly enjoyable, but it is usually pretty bad.

Back on topic, @Digger of Bricks raises a good point- the figures would probably look like/be the ones from dimensions, and therefore I'd consider it likely that they wouldn't sell very well. They don't really blend in with normal DC figures, which, to me at least, makes them undesirable.

They could do what they did with suicide squad and include the characters in the generic DC sets, I'd love a set with Raven, some sort of Green animal for beast boy and a teen Titans cyborg figure.  They could fight ravager or another Titans villains we haven't gotten yet

9 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

They could do what they did with suicide squad and include the characters in the generic DC sets, I'd love a set with Raven, some sort of Green animal for beast boy and a teen Titans cyborg figure.  They could fight ravager or another Titans villains we haven't gotten yet

That's what in was thinking could be a possibility, as 2016 gave us two comic based sets which featured Suicide Squad members around the same year the DCEU movie was relevant. With 2018, there will be three separate media productions focused on the Titans that may make such comic based sets a possibility.

16 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

They could fight ravager or another Titans villains we haven't gotten yet

Did Titans villains ever released? Em, only Slade?..

1 hour ago, ZoKpooL said:

Did Titans villains ever released? Em, only Slade?..

I know very little about the Titans and their rogues gallery but I think it would only be Slade released so far.  A Trigon figure in giant man style could be cool though

3 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

I know very little about the Titans and their rogues gallery but I think it would only be Slade released so far.  A Trigon figure in giant man style could be cool though

That would be awesome, if only because we’d finally get a proper Raven! Brother Blood, HIVE, the Brain, Terra... there’s a lot of material for potential sets. I don’t know how well the DCEU sets are selling (what with the mixed reaction to the films), but I’m hopeful we’ll get more comics-based sets, and Teen Titans would be good for the summer sets after the Justice League sets that have just come out.

4 hours ago, Felkin said:

the Brain

Add to you cool-lection French fascict brain in jar, his Gorilla lover and they so-called family with British woman who rapes her victums, French alcoholic and Swiss living goo who kills by touch. 4+ 

Brother Blood

Add to you collection cultist who killed his own father and fetichseized the blood itself!

Terra...

Add to you cool-lection...

But Lobo ever released... why not? 

I'm really surprised we haven't heard much anything about those three DC SuperHero Girls sets since that last catalog preliminary leak. It seems like it's this year's least inquired about theme for 2018. :shrug_confused:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm really surprised we haven't heard much anything about those three DC SuperHero Girls sets since that last catalog preliminary leak. It seems like it's this year's least inquired about theme for 2018. :shrug_confused:

The theme is getting its own D2V movie as well, the release date may coincide with that. As for the popularity, I can only speak for myself and say that I’m glad that DC and Lego have another theme, even though I don’t like the minidolls, and I know that Friends and Elves are reasonably popular. SHG seems to be a hit, so theoretically there is no reason why it should be unpopular.

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I don't think its a hit with sales!!

What he said. From what I've seen and heard, it has sold poorly. My local Walmart already has the newest SHG sets released on clearance, to put it in perspective.

19 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

What he said. From what I've seen and heard, it has sold poorly. My local Walmart already has the newest SHG sets released on clearance, to put it in perspective.

They are sets from last year.

20 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I've collected the whole line, and I've never paid more than 70% of retail price for any of them. And I haven't had to wait more than a month or two from their on-sale dates. I love the concept, and I'm totally in favor of it, but I've never seen a theme get discounted more steeply or more quickly.

I don't know if I am allowed to post stuff like this here but since we are getting sets based on OMAC and Brother EYE I figured that I would tell those interested that Comixology currently has a sale going on with regards to that story just look for the OMAC project and you should find it.

I’m a little sad we can’t quite finish the rogues gallery just yet. My main basis for even getting into Lego was The OG Lego Batman game! I now have almost every villain, except The Mad Hatter and Hush! Also in the DS version was Zsasz, Firefly and The Ventriloquist. Once we get those 5 figures I’ll be MORE than happy!

However, having read up on the Brother Eye story, I am quite interested and excited to see how the sets look irl!

7 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

I’m a little sad we can’t quite finish the rogues gallery just yet. My main basis for even getting into Lego was The OG Lego Batman game! I now have almost every villain, except The Mad Hatter and Hush! Also in the DS version was Zsasz, Firefly and The Ventriloquist. Once we get those 5 figures I’ll be MORE than happy!

However, having read up on the Brother Eye story, I am quite interested and excited to see how the sets look irl!

There's no way we won't get them. Lego made us wait so long for other desired figures, like a classic Justice League roster, so you know they're making Mad Hatter and the like extremely desirable to sell sets.

9 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

Hush

2 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

There's no way we won't get them

Yup, i'm think we gonna have Mad Hatter (and Firefly too), but not Hush. Other villains trough the years becomes far more popular - and Hush fallen in real obscurity. Maybe, if we have another big screen Lego DC movie, but not in regular sets. He is even not 'toy'-etic - he is just guy in bandages with two pistols. Kids and parents who buy sets for kids will choose a far more popular villains or even villains they never heard but they look real cool. 

Edited by ZoKpooL

No figs for that Arkham Knight RC Batmobile.

3 figs (2 of them are batmen) for Brother eye set

4 figs with another DC set that I can't bearly see. too blurry.

I'm sorry, I can gave out info. But not allowed to show pics. I hope you guys understand how it works just like in Infinity War sets.