Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

4 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I would be so down with Signal. Duke is one of my favorite new Bat-family members in such a long time.

Ditto. The rest of the Gotham Knights would be peachy, but I would consider Signal a good start.

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, if that may be the case, then a large, UCS scaled model could make sense for a RC set. Presumably, I would guess such a set would be Technic constructed as opposed to System constructed for the sake of weight.

A set like that would be a D2C and we’ve already got a list of the 2018 D2C sets that doesn’t include a DC one. It’s Marvel’s turn this year. 

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Comic based

Good, I am a much bigger fan of the comic based Batman sets rather than the movie ones.

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

A set like that would be a D2C and we’ve already got a list of the 2018 D2C sets that doesn’t include a DC one.

Well, perhaps it wouldn't necessarily be a D2C, but one that is distributed on a retail wide basis beyond just brand stores, much like 2017's 75187 BB-8.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 05/01/2018 at 11:55 PM, latenightguy said:

The Brick Show website has added two more Batman sets, or 1 alongside the Batmobile.

76111 Batman: Brother Eye Takedown

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons (76112 is also listed as the Arkham Knight Batmobile)

The latter sounds interesting and appealing to fans of the recent darker Batman media. Yet, I feel as if the former may be a Justice League set with Batman, considering the nature of Brother Eye.

I just hope we see Black Mask and Ventriloquist at some point soon.  We have had some very obscure characters over the last year or two so those two shouldn't be a problem.  I believe Ventriloquist is a popular request from fans (probably because he is so different imo) that they can't miss out making him at least. 

55 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I just hope we see Black Mask and Ventriloquist at some point soon.  We have had some very obscure characters over the last year or two so those two shouldn't be a problem.  I believe Ventriloquist is a popular request from fans (probably because he is so different imo) that they can't miss out making him at least. 

And Mad Hatter, now that we have a perfect hat piece.

Target finally stocked the new sets. Got the Speed Force Pursuit, and I have to say, I really like the helicopter, mainly due to how unique it is from most others we get. The ice buggy thing looks even worse in person, though.

1 hour ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Target finally stocked the new sets. Got the Speed Force Pursuit, and I have to say, I really like the helicopter, mainly due to how unique it is from most others we get. The ice buggy thing looks even worse in person, though.

Agreed. The chopper was surprisingly decent. And yeah, the less said about the ice buggy, the better.

I've posted a bit about the app controlled batmobile (76112) in the Technic 2018 thread, but I'll toss some info in here as well.
It won't be a large UCS set, it's relatively small, about 12 studs wide with the wheels protruding a stud or two extra on each side, hard to say how long it is but I'd guesstimate ~30 studs.
It says nothing about Arkham Knight, all it says is "76112 App-Controlled Batmobile".
Take a look at the last 2 pages of the 2018 Technic thread for some more info...

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

I've posted a bit about the app controlled batmobile (76112) in the Technic 2018 thread, but I'll toss some info in here as well.
It won't be a large UCS set, it's relatively small, about 12 studs wide with the wheels protruding a stud or two extra on each side, hard to say how long it is but I'd guesstimate ~30 studs.
It says nothing about Arkham Knight, all it says is "76112 App-Controlled Batmobile".
Take a look at the last 2 pages of the 2018 Technic thread for some more info...

So, do you know if this is either a Technic or System construct?

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, do you know if this is either a Technic or System construct?

Can't see any visible technic parts, I can't say about the inside of it but my guess would be the main structure is made up of the control unit, something the like of the Boost one, and then the rest is brick built around that.

It's small enough that you wouldn't need a technic interior for stability, regular system bricks will be solid enough.

7 minutes ago, degenerate said:

Can't see any visible technic parts, I can't say about the inside of it but my guess would be the main structure is made up of the control unit, something the like of the Boost one, and then the rest is brick built around that.

It's small enough that you wouldn't need a technic interior for stability, regular system bricks will be solid enough.

So it's a System construct. Thanks!

Now even though the box doesn't mention the Arkham Knight videogame, does it look like the Batmobile from that game? Or, perhaps is it based upon another design, original or inspired?

BLY23_PoP_15_002_AC_w900.png

At most I would say it is very loosely inspired by it, but it doesn't look that much like it.

It looks very blocky and butt ugly imo :laugh:

3 minutes ago, degenerate said:

At most I would say it is very loosely inspired by it, but it doesn't look that much like it.

It looks very blocky and butt ugly imo :laugh:

Are there any figures

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Are there any figures

Not on the box, honestly doubt there even is a space to fit a minifig in it.

4 minutes ago, degenerate said:

Not on the box, honestly doubt there even is a space to fit a minifig in it.

With motorized elements possibly taking up most of the price tag, that's what I'd imagine. Besides, the RC component of the set would make it enough of a sell to both parents and kids with or without minifigures.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With motorized elements possibly taking up most of the price tag, that's what I'd imagine. Besides, the RC component of the set would make it enough of a sell to both parents and kids with or without minifigures.

We as fans could modify it to create space for a minifigure (courtesy of the TBLM minifigure series 2 :wink:) as that is what Lego is all about, using your imagination! We could put in Bat Fan Batgirl, that would probably work really well! IMAGINATION!!

49 minutes ago, J4ck said:

We as fans could modify it to create space for a minifigure (courtesy of the TBLM minifigure series 2 :wink:) as that is what Lego is all about, using your imagination! We could put in Bat Fan Batgirl, that would probably work really well! IMAGINATION!!

I believe this Batmobile will end up being too large to scale for minifigures, but that wouldn't bother me anyway. Besides, an RC Lego Batmobile is a cool enough idea with or without minifigures. 

Can someone explain Brother Eye to me in a basic way? Comic sites are so confusing. I thought I was a big fan and I haven’t heard of him ahaha

Still waiting on The Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and Firefly, but I’m sure they will come in time. I just have to be patient 

4 hours ago, Themadpatter said:

Can someone explain Brother Eye to me in a basic way? Comic sites are so confusing. I thought I was a big fan and I haven’t heard of him ahaha

Still waiting on The Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist and Firefly, but I’m sure they will come in time. I just have to be patient 

Looooong story short: Batman creates an AI surveillance system satellite, Brother Eye, in a (rather justified) bit of not trusting the other heroes. A villain takes over Brother Eye and uses it to turn people into automated OMAC soldiers to hunt down superheroes. Then an alternate universe Luthor gave Brother Eye capabilities for full sentience. 

From what we've heard so far, it doesn't sound like there will be any other summer sets beyond the three we've heard of, but nonetheless, this is the first trailer for the cinematic Teen Titans Go movie.