Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I hope is more Justice League based DC sets, finally ever since 2012 I have been waiting for them, thankfully the lego batman series 2 and the Justice League Anniversary Party filled in my CMF thirst for some superfriends nostalgia, all we are missing is Samurai and Cyborg(the movie reprint with the visible legs) 

I agree kind of bummed out legs prints are non existent, but all I can think of is Lego doing budget cuts lol

When was the first superman comic? 1938, 1939 or 1940? I can imagine Lego doing a special set to celebrate it, the super mobile, the only vehicle superman has ever had, minifigure scale would be pretty cool.

80 year anniversary...

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

When was the first superman comic? 1938, 1939 or 1940? I can imagine Lego doing a special set to celebrate it, the super mobile, the only vehicle superman has ever had, minifigure scale would be pretty cool.

80 year anniversary...

June 1938

Perhaps this has already been contemplated before, but after watching Jang's review of the three DC Mighty Micro sets, I sort of appreciate the simplicity of the figures' torso designs. In a way, despite their cartoonish proportions, their simplistic designs evoke the look of minifigure designs pre-1990.

So, I suppose if you pair some classic minifigure heads with a particular character's signature hairpiece, then change the short legs with some normal, unprinted ones, then you could have a vaguely classic styled superhero minifigure. 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

80 year anniversary...

You mean like the one that was already exclusively released?

4641415-cihw0nhucaafmw-.jpg

17 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

June 1938

Could be a set in summer that's released, 80 year anniversary of Superman.

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

You mean like the one that was already exclusively released?

4641415-cihw0nhucaafmw-.jpg

Nah I think Lego will do a set to celebrate.

7 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

What could a bat shooter be? (40301 - Brick Set)

Going by the set numbers around it and the number itself, I would guess at it being a poly bag or other promotional item. As for what it is exactly, not a Scooby.

Just now, BrickMan7 said:

I can confirm we are getting an app-control Batmobile.

As in a new batmobile design for summer sets? 

maxresdefault.jpg So, I have just had a look at these sets in hand, and although not built them myself, my views sit around this:

Lobo set - The Main Man with his Motorcycle is brilliant.  Although I would have expected a use of the Nexo Knights Axel torso to have made a brilliant show here, I think a Big Fig would have been too big, and the mini-fig feels a bit too small, similar to the Mutant Leader.  Krypto was awesome, although now I am annoyed that I bought 41233 to have a Krypto for my collection, he will be well received.  Superman, well, it is Superman, had many of him before, will surely have many more.

Lex Mech Set - Lex really needs to give up on the Mechs, this is his 3rd mech and although it looks like it can do some work, Lex mechs are killing me...  This is the 5th Lex Luthor figure we have had, and I would really have preferred to have seen something else this time around.  Also, why is Lex in a fight with Wonder Woman and Firestorm, he is not their enemy.  If we needed to have a Lex Mech, it should have been a Mech vs Mech set Lex vs Cyborg to work a decent angle...   This would have actually been the better set to include Killer Frost to combat Firestorm.  Throwing Batman in there seems to really muddy the water, he also has no real link to these guys.  Wonder Woman and Cheetah work, but the background chaos is distracting. 

Speedster Set - Flash and Zoom together in a set is great.  However, again surrounding it is chaos.  Another helicopter.  Another bloody helicopter...  How many helicopters can one company throw at us?  As already stated, Cyborg would have been a great fit with Lex. Frost would have been great with Firestorm...  If they wanted to have the two sets to be bought together then that might have helped, but the helicopter has been done to death. Come on!

Edited by Krikkit

5 minutes ago, BrickMan7 said:

I can confirm we are getting an app-control Batmobile.

That sounds very interesting, do you know about any other sets or perhaps the minifig selection in this one (preferably some new Batman villains)

3 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

As in a new batmobile design for summer sets? 

Yes. It's app-enabled, set 76112, and has the Arkham Knight logo on it and the batmobile looks like the Arkham Knight version.

Just now, BrickMan7 said:

Yes. It's app-enabled, set 76112, and has the Arkham Knight logo on it and the batmobile looks like the Arkham Knight version.

How big is it? Minifig scale? I love that Batmobile design so hopefully it’s in scale with the other system Batmobiles. I’d love it even more if it included a Scarecrow or Arkham Knight 

Why would lego make a set based on arkham knight? Firstly, it came out 3 years ago, and secondly, lego's target audience are children. Arkham knight was not intended to be played by children. It makes no sense to me.

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

Why would lego make a set based on arkham knight? Firstly, it came out 3 years ago, and secondly, lego's target audience are children. Arkham knight was not intended to be played by children. It makes no sense to me.

Eh, kids probably won’t know where the inspiration for the set came from, all they’ll know is that it (hopefully) looks cool. As for dates, it took Lego 4 years to make New 52 Figs and even then they didn’t make Superman

Just now, robertgorman2505 said:

The Batman 1966 show came out 52 years ago, it still got its own set. And likely a small percentage of kids watch that show in this modern time, especially with all these new cartoons of Batman they can watch

An Arkham Knight Batmobile? That's unexpected.  Presumably they'll at least include the Arkham Knight Batman, but who else could potentially be included? Scarecrow? Arkham Knight? Oracle? Azrael? Firefly? It's probably a safe bet that we won't be seeing Professor Pyg, at least.

The Brick Show website has added two more Batman sets, or 1 alongside the Batmobile.

76111 Batman: Brother Eye Takedown

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons (76112 is also listed as the Arkham Knight Batmobile)

The latter sounds interesting and appealing to fans of the recent darker Batman media. Yet, I feel as if the former may be a Justice League set with Batman, considering the nature of Brother Eye.

Just now, latenightguy said:

The Brick Show website has added two more Batman sets, or 1 alongside the Batmobile.

76112 Batman: The Attack of the Talons (76112 is also listed as the Arkham Knight Batmobile)

The latter sounds interesting and appealing to fans of the recent darker Batman media. Yet, I feel as if the former may be a Justice League set with Batman, considering the nature of Brother Eye.

Wow those sound amazing, especially for army building (asssuming we get a couple of OMACs and Talons each). Maybe Brother Eye Takedown is set in the JLA Watchtower? Perhaps even set in an Injustice 2 inspired Batcave? Boy, I can’t wait for more details! I could maybe see us getting a Maxwell Lord fig considering his role in Brother Eye’s creation

Edited by Duncan Young

I completely understood why we got the most obscure of villains (Zebra Man, Condiment King, Kite Man, Crazy Quilt, Mime and Polka Dot Man) in the LBM line, but if 76111 has OMAC, I... I would be amazed. He's such a G list character. As for Talon, considering LBM filed in some spaces that the Batman rogue gallery still had (like Clayface and the prior mentioned obscurities) it would be nice to see a villain who's not an A lister, but is still a pretty cool bad guy

Edited by Quicksilver838

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I completely understood why we got the most obscure of villains (Zebra Man, Condiment King, Kite Man, Crazy Quilt, Mime and Polka Dot Man) in the LBM line, but if 76111 has OMAC, I... I would be amazed. He's such a G list character. As for Talon, considering LBM filed in some spaces that the Batman rogue gallery still had (like Clayface and the prior mentioned obscurities) it would be nice to see a villain who's not an A lister, but is still a pretty cool bad guy

Not OMAC as in the singualr hero but rather the organic drones created by Brother Eye to elimate Meta-Humans during Infinite Crisis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMAC_(comics)

Edited by Duncan Young

16 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Not OMAC as in the singualr hero but rather the organic drones created by Brother Eye to elimate Meta-Humans during Infinite Crisis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMAC_(comics)

Ohhh. Interesting. My only knowledge of OMAC is his appearance from Brave and the Bold. It would be cool to get a couple of those drones

1 hour ago, latenightguy said:

Hopefully the Brother Eye Takedown includes some Justice League members that haven't been made yet.  It seems rather odd that the Talons set and the Arkham Knight Batmobile are both listed under the same number.

2 hours ago, BrickMan7 said:

What the... *huh*

Does app enabled mean that this is an RC controlled Batmobile? Or is it something gimmicky like Nexo Knights or Ultra Agents?