Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

I really wouldn’t read too much into the designs of Lego film figures, or their film inclusion being a foreshadowing of physical versions coming down the line...

...if any of that were the case, I’d have my damn Giganta by now! :grin:

Took a look at the Winter 2018 sets and I am in love with the Lobo set. The green effect pieces could make for good Green Lantern constructs. 

The Reverse Flash set is decent enough though Killer Frost's plow is a little goofy. 

Lex's mech is such a vast improvement over the 2012 set so I'll definitely pick that one up. Good value too all things considered. 

Just got Lex Luthor Mech Takedown in the mail today. A huuuuge step-up from Lex's mech we got at the beginning of the theme. All five figs are great, with their clean and vibrant designs. Really like Firestorm; I was worried the flames might be off-center on the head, like the Ghost Rider fig I have, but it's perfectly centered. I'm not a huge fan of Wonder Woman's new head (same as the one from the book WW) or Lex still having the Bruce Wayne head, but all in all a solid set, with great figs.

6 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

I don't know. I don't know how popular the theme has been since the sets have been on a constant clearance. I just heard things and relayed them here. It is a new brand so they would normally have a 2-3 year cycle planned anyway I would imagine.

And I didn't know there were prelim photos out there for new sets.

I meant the overall DCSHG brand, not specifically Lego. You can't really tell how successful the Lego series is by its discounts, since I see Elves discounted almost universally yet they keep creating new sets for it.

I haven't been keeping up with the super heroes lines ever since the Batman movie, but I waltzed in my local toys r us store and saw the whole purpose of me collecting DC minifigures, the new Justice League line, I stopped what I was doing and bought all three sets,I have a question with anyone with Krypto, does it come with the S emblem?  I just got the head with the yellow collar and a white spot where the S should be, I am wondering if it's broken and contact Lego or if they flat out rolled them out like that due to budget cuts hahaha,  I know they are cutting back big time on printing but man, who knows.

Here's Jang's review of the Lex Mech Takedown set. It's funny to see him freaking out over the build quality of the mech, but I too am equally impressed. :oh:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's Jang's review of the Lex Mech Takedown set. It's funny to see him freaking out over the build quality of the mech, but I too am equally impressed. :oh:

*vid snip*

Oh yeah. I built it yesterday, and it's that impressive.

10 hours ago, eldiano said:

I haven't been keeping up with the super heroes lines ever since the Batman movie, but I waltzed in my local toys r us store and saw the whole purpose of me collecting DC minifigures, the new Justice League line, I stopped what I was doing and bought all three sets,I have a question with anyone with Krypto, does it come with the S emblem?  I just got the head with the yellow collar and a white spot where the S should be, I am wondering if it's broken and contact Lego or if they flat out rolled them out like that due to budget cuts hahaha,  I know they are cutting back big time on printing but man, who knows.

Sounds like a printing error. 

You should contact Lego to get a replacement. :thumbup:

11 hours ago, eldiano said:

You should try selling that on eBay

Some people like to collect misprinted pieces for whatever reason.

Thanks guys, I contacted Lego but since the set is not due until January, the website can’t find the set, I sent them a custom generic request I will see what works.

Anyone seen the lego movie minifigures series 2 out in the wild? i checked Target and Toys r Us and nothing

I did spotted the new might micro sets at Toys'R'Us. Along with some of the new Justice League sets. (I decided not to get any of the sets.) 

On 12/21/2017 at 9:09 AM, eldiano said:

Anyone seen the lego movie minifigures series 2 out in the wild? i checked Target and Toys r Us and nothing

I did get two of the LEGO Batman movie series 2 at Toys'R'Us. 

Finally got a good look at the Mighty Micros, never do pay them much mind, and saw the Kandor cylinder ...what a great piece!

Edited by Vindicare

Got the Nightwing and Joker Mighty Micros set for Christmas. It was the one I liked the least but now I gotta say it is a really solid little set. Already had the superior Nightwing from the movie but this one is great and Joker is really cool too. Nightwing's car has some cool shapes for such a small space and the Joker ice cream truck is super satisfying for some reason. 

If only Lego made the SDCC Shazam figure in a set instead of being an exclusive that goes for hundreds of dollars, it looks so much better than that weird custom figure.

At least we'll get a DCEU version with the movie (I hope), or a New 52 version with the hood (which I'm surprised hasn't been made yet).

Edited by MisterBatfleck

I just build all the new sets, the builds are all very fun.

The Minifig selection is superb, the quality... not so much. The printing ist either absent (legs...) or really bad on darker backgrounds. Flash's and Wonder Woman's Skintone are really pinkish, while Lobo, who has a white face and arms somehow has a grayish chest.

The play value is great, Lobo's Bike and Cyborg's Heli are very swooshable and Luthor's mech is just straight up cool.

Alltogether a worthy addition to the forces of the Justice League and the Secret Society of Supervillains.

9/10, more please.

Edited by DarthBrickus

On 19/12/2017 at 11:10 PM, Captain Nemo said:

I really wouldn’t read too much into the designs of Lego film figures, or their film inclusion being a foreshadowing of physical versions coming down the line...

...if any of that were the case, I’d have my damn Giganta by now! :grin:

Yes! Someone else who wants a Giganta! One of my favourite DC villains!

back on topic, I’m (ironically) warming up to the hairstyle on Killer Frost. I’ll pick her set up first. 

Edited by Themadpatter

5 hours ago, DarthBrickus said:

Flash's and Wonder Woman's Skintone are really pinkish, while Lobo, who has a white face and arms somehow has a grayish chest.

Hawkgirls torso printing is pretty bad too, though oddly the same colors of printing on the legs looks superb. I feel like whatever they're doing with the printing on the legs they need to be doing with the torso's. Is Lego just forgetting to put down a white layer before printing the other colors?