Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

And some for the main 3 sets.

Cool. Thanks. 

Do you also have bigger pics of the lego batman movie sets and the marvel mighty micros?

Well that sorts out how the Superman jail attaches to the Luthor mech. I was stoked for these sets before. The box art is good and I like the Metropolis background and the new logo. I can almost forgive the lack of extremity printing. Roll on 2018.

15 hours ago, Borex said:

Do you also have bigger pics of the lego batman movie sets and the marvel mighty micros?

TLBM - no, Marvel MM - yes.

Those figures are astonishingly bland, I just don’t get it - lego knows figures sell sets, so why would they be so lazy. It’s not as if the builds will save these sets...

Edited by DrasticPlastic

1 hour ago, DrasticPlastic said:

Those figures are astonishingly bland, I just don’t get it - lego knows figures sell sets, so why would they be so lazy. It’s not as if the builds will save these sets...

Are you referring to the Micros or the main set figures? Because the main set figures are very accurate to the characters, which I find highly desirable for minifigures.

6 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Are you referring to the Micros or the main set figures? Because the main set figures are very accurate to the characters, which I find highly desirable for minifigures.

But that’s simply not the case, you can’t exclude the legs and arms and still claim ‘accuracy’. A lot of these figures are half finished - if ‘accuracy’ was intended at all. 

17 hours ago, DrasticPlastic said:

But that’s simply not the case, you can’t exclude the legs and arms and still claim ‘accuracy’. A lot of these figures are half finished - if ‘accuracy’ was intended at all. 

Except there are plenty here who don't need it or would have been considered perfectly fine in previous years. Jason Rusch's Firestorm essentially wears solid red pants and sleeves. Lex Luthor is no more simplified than previous armored Lex figures, and matches up pretty closely to his Forever Evil suit. Cheetah wearing full black leather pants is not the most common look, but it is one I have seen multiple times, so is still in-line with one of her styles; and sure, it is a shame that she and Wonder Woman don't get arm printing, but none of the comic-based WW figures have before, only the movie look. Batman is given plain legs and arms all the time. Flash could have continued the thin lines, boots, or armbands, but never had boots and armbands in the previous comic look either. 

Sure, there are details that weren't shown, but this is the precedent. Lego doesn't adapt all details; they rarely do. I would consider these figures at the same level of quality as the last time they did comic-based Justice League sets a couple of years back. And Lego did not have the strongest financial year, remember; doing every single thing further would be much more expensive, leaving less profit margin if they do even half of these. So no, these are not "half-finished." They are, at worst, the standard level of detail we've gotten in the past. Sure, it's fun when they go above and beyond that, but it's not necessary.

10 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Except there are plenty here who don't need it or would have been considered perfectly fine in previous years. Jason Rusch's Firestorm essentially wears solid red pants and sleeves. Lex Luthor is no more simplified than previous armored Lex figures, and matches up pretty closely to his Forever Evil suit. Cheetah wearing full black leather pants is not the most common look, but it is one I have seen multiple times, so is still in-line with one of her styles; and sure, it is a shame that she and Wonder Woman don't get arm printing, but none of the comic-based WW figures have before, only the movie look. Batman is given plain legs and arms all the time. Flash could have continued the thin lines, boots, or armbands, but never had boots and armbands in the previous comic look either. 

Sure, there are details that weren't shown, but this is the precedent. Lego doesn't adapt all details; they rarely do. I would consider these figures at the same level of quality as the last time they did comic-based Justice League sets a couple of years back. And Lego did not have the strongest financial year, remember; doing every single thing further would be much more expensive, leaving less profit margin if they do even half of these. So no, these are not "half-finished." They are, at worst, the standard level of detail we've gotten in the past. Sure, it's fun when they go above and beyond that, but it's not necessary.

Spot on. It's odd that you have to explain this, but hey, "opinions" I guess.

anything new with 2018 dc super hero girls sets in north america, there are supposed to be 3 sets for them? I hope lego did not axe them, even though the theme did not sell well. they are supposed to be janurary releases.

9 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

anything new with 2018 dc super hero girls sets in north america, there are supposed to be 3 sets for them? I hope lego did not axe them, even though the theme did not sell well. they are supposed to be janurary releases.

Prelims, though hard to find, have been out for awhile. I don't think we've seen anything else.

4 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Prelims, though hard to find, have been out for awhile. I don't think we've seen anything else.

I knew about the prelims though.

Don't the superhero girls sets come in January?  I'm surprised there are no pictures yet.  Friends and Disney princess sets are already uploaded to the LEGO website.

All I remember is a super girl dorm room but what were the others?

Edited by Elf Gal

On 12/8/2017 at 11:32 AM, Elf Gal said:

Don't the superhero girls sets come in January?  I'm surprised there are no pictures yet.  Friends and Disney princess sets are already uploaded to the LEGO website.

All I remember is a super girl dorm room but what were the others?

a batgirl cycle and a star fire jet with wonder woman.

Just now, jake0324demo said:

a batgirl cycle and a star fire jet with wonder woman.

Thanks for the reminder!  I'm hopeful for a Starfire mini-doll figure.

So we know the new Juniors Robin will have an open smile as the primary face. Has anyone seen the alternate face, assuming there is one? I'd love a neutral or grumpy looking face, but I feel like we'll get yet another scared Robin expression.

51 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

So we know the new Juniors Robin will have an open smile as the primary face. Has anyone seen the alternate face, assuming there is one? I'd love a neutral or grumpy looking face, but I feel like we'll get yet another scared Robin expression.

Judging by the pictures on the back of the box, he has one face with a smile, and the alternate face is a big grin with his teeth showing.

The Brick Fan has reported the normal and Micros DC sets popping up at some Toys R Us locations and online. I checked mine, although nothing yet. Has anyone else seen anything yet?

Edit: Online, you can go under New Lego Sets and see them available.

Edited by PepperoniBricks
Update

Well,the unprinted Arms and Legs are definetely a Bummer.I wonder if at least the backs are printed,at least the characters that should have something going on on the back like Cyborg, Cheetah and Lobo.

I will get Superman & Krypto Team-Up and Speed Force Freeze Pursuit for sure (mostly for the Minifigs and the Parts).

Elves pictures have been added to the website and apparently they're coming in January instead of March like usual . . . is it possible that dc superhero girls are coming in March instead of January?  Like maybe they swapped the releases of the two themes for some reason.

13 hours ago, Elf Gal said:

Elves pictures have been added to the website and apparently they're coming in January instead of March like usual . . . is it possible that dc superhero girls are coming in March instead of January?  Like maybe they swapped the releases of the two themes for some reason.

Explains why we haven't got pictures for DC super hero girls...

There were rumors afloat that DC Superhero Girls was cancelled? I don't know any inside information, just what was talked about on the interwebs.

2 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

There were rumors afloat that DC Superhero Girls was cancelled? I don't know any inside information, just what was talked about on the interwebs.

I thought those rumors were from before anyone saw the preliminary pictures.  Has that ever happened before, when there were prelims that never came to fruitition?

19 hours ago, TheLegoDr said:

I can't imagine why they'd cancel it when it is such a successful brand. 

I'm also surprised Artemiz (the Female Fury) isn't in any of the DC SHG sets since she's the only unmade Fury that appears in the Lego movies. I still really want a Stompa but I feel like they are hesitant to make her due to her body size. Didn't stop Ursula though! 

I don't know. I don't know how popular the theme has been since the sets have been on a constant clearance. I just heard things and relayed them here. It is a new brand so they would normally have a 2-3 year cycle planned anyway I would imagine.

And I didn't know there were prelim photos out there for new sets.