Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

On 8/25/2017 at 9:34 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm pretty sure that Black Widow hairpiece has come in blonde before. I think in a Friends set once? I'm not 100% sure. 

Ah, that makes sense! I don't keep up to well with the Friends sets. Either way, it's a cheap alternative.

Something interesting I just noticed: unlike the Scooby-Doo figure, Krypto's collar seems to be part of his head mold (the cape goes underneath it) which would imply to me that they intend to use that dog body for other dogs. I know it was mentioned somewhere that DCSHG would be getting Ace this summer, and an LBM set is getting Wonder Dog (although Wonder Dog in the movie uses a more classic dog mold). Seems like we might see more super-dogs in our future?

On 27-8-2017 at 8:50 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Something interesting I just noticed: unlike the Scooby-Doo figure, Krypto's collar seems to be part of his head mold (the cape goes underneath it) which would imply to me that they intend to use that dog body for other dogs. I know it was mentioned somewhere that DCSHG would be getting Ace this summer, and an LBM set is getting Wonder Dog (although Wonder Dog in the movie uses a more classic dog mold). Seems like we might see more super-dogs in our future?

*Fingers crossed for DCSH Ace the Bat-Hound* Krypto also started with DCSHG so who knows.

Btw is it true they use the minidoll cape on the new Krypto? Or isn't it sure yet? 

I already have the older Lex mech set, but this new one is very appealing. The speed force set is also pretty cool and I don't think I can resist buying it! Love the minifigures too.

Does everyone think we will be getting batman themed sets in the second half of 2018? As it states "no classic batman in 1H18 to cannabalise market" . I'm hoping for more batman vehicles to be honest.  An underwater DC Superhero's theme with batman vehicles and batman villains only. That can hopefully look good on display with aquaman sets. Thoughts?

Edited by Lionbear8

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Does everyone think we will be getting batman themed sets in the second half of 2018? As it states "no classic batman in 1H18 to cannabalise market" . I'm hoping for more batman vehicles to be honest.  An underwater DC Superhero's theme with batman vehicles and batman villains only. That can hopefully look good on display with aquaman sets. Thoughts?

To be honest I'm still mentally preparing myself for the financial hernia that is January! I would be happy to see other heroes and villains. Don't get me wrong, there are still some spaces left at the Bat rogues table, and like I've said before there is always room for extended Batfamily members. There is however a mightily untapped vein of the DCU that always be welcome on my shelves. Also I'm not sure what other water based Batvillains there are to use. 

14 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Does everyone think we will be getting batman themed sets in the second half of 2018

Yep, because it sells. 

Wonder, if we had a chance to get Firefly or Mad Hatter. 

22 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I wouldn't really be happy about more Batman sets. Since this year we pretty much took a break from the DC Superhero line except for Justice League and that one WW set. I wouldn't mind if these were LBM sets but I want to see LEGO start to focus on other heroes for once.

14 hours ago, The Lupinator said:

I wouldn't really be happy about more Batman sets. Since this year we pretty much took a break from the DC Superhero line except for Justice League and that one WW set. I wouldn't mind if these were LBM sets but I want to see LEGO start to focus on other heroes for once.

I think August 2018 we could be getting Aquaman sets for his movie in December 2018.

21 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I think August 2018 we could be getting Aquaman sets for his movie in December 2018.

I think there's the 3 month rule for Cinematic Universe movie sets. So if we follow that I think it is most likely, September. 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:02 PM, Lionbear8 said:

I'd say not, since the Lego Batman Movie will still have Batman-heavy sets on the shelves, and they have every reason to make a wider range of sets now. The Justice League movie, and the new Justice League cartoon are doing a lot to make non-Batman DC heroes marketable, so I'd expect this experiment to last a touch longer than one wave. If we get Batman sets, expect them to be team-up sets like Aquaman on Ice or Harvest of Fear. 

Hi just curious if the juniors batman and robin vs joker set if the joker will be a redesign or just a repack of the one from 76035 or will it be a 2012 version please and thank you.

3 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi just curious if the juniors batman and robin vs joker set if the joker will be a redesign or just a repack of the one from 76035 or will it be a 2012 version please and thank you.

The leaked picture showed the old one, but Mr freeze had a new variant in this year's junior set so you never know :classic:

Does anyone think we will see any more The Dark Knight sets since it  turns 10 years old next year such as a cheaper release of the Heath Ledger Joker minifig?

I dunno if it's been posted, and also if it's for 2018 release. But I saw a picture of 

BrickHeadz series 2 Justice League:

Cyborg

Aquaman

Wonderwoman

Flash

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Aquaman looks like he has a mustache and cyborg looks dull, hopefully they use shiny bricks for him 

Ha! It really does look like a mustache! Cyborg doesn't impress me much, and I'm really bummed that Flash doesn't impress me more. Those reds are too dark, and there's definitely not enough variation in the color. Wonder Woman looks great, though!

22 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Little tiny preview of Nightwing

That should probably go in the Dimensions thread, since that's where it's from.

41 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Little tiny preview of Nightwing

Was this supposed to be a tease for the Micro Fighters? Because that's a screen grab from Dimensions... 

Edited by Ashnflash

3 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

That should probably go in the Dimensions thread, since that's where it's from.

:iamded_lol:

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Micro Fighters?

Mighty Micros to be exact