Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Me too! I think it's just corny enough for a toy Superman. I'm glad we have the more stern option, but I'd much rather my Superman smile. I think it would be a little creepier if he didn't look as angry with the laser eyes, honestly :grin: I think it would be nice to get a print that looks like he's using his often-ignored freeze breath, just so we have the full gambit!

It's kinda weird to me that we haven't had a bank vault robber in this theme yet. Marvel got an ATM robbery, and we had the Two-Face set where he's stealing a safe from a bank, but no love for the time-honored tradition of supervillains robbing actual vaults of valuables. That needs to change.

I'm curious as to how they'll make a third unique Batman for the Mighty Micros line, but I'm really excited to see the Nightwing v Joker set. I can't imagine Joker not looking pretty fun, and I bet Nightwing will have some neat prints to work with!

Yes! I want a Superman with his freeze breath. It annoys me to no end how much that power of his is glossed over. Even just an ice block to trap a villain and the box art showing Superman freezing them would be a nice inclusion, if we can't get a new face. I hate how the DCEU movies ignore that ability and Supergirl has used it sparingly on her TV show. 

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'm curious as to how they'll make a third unique Batman for the Mighty Micros line, but I'm really excited to see the Nightwing v Joker set. I can't imagine Joker not looking pretty fun, and I bet Nightwing will have some neat prints to work with!

As far as a MM Joker goes, I'd imagine he'd be pretty wild looking in a cartoonish style, if he wasn't crazy looking enough already. :wacko:

Now I'd be interested to know what sort of hairpiece he will be doning, if it will be a new recolor or a preexisting one. I almost imagine they will just give him TLBM Joker's hairpiece, which is probably cartoonish enough to fit the bill.

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as a MM Joker goes, I'd imagine he'd be pretty wild looking in a cartoonish style, if he wasn't crazy looking enough already. :wacko:

Now I'd be interested to know what sort of hairpiece he will be doning, if it will be a new recolor or a preexisting one. I almost imagine they will just give him TLBM Joker's hairpiece, which is probably cartoonish enough to fit the bill.

I think it would be pretty cool to see them use the LBM hair but in a different shade of green. I'd put money on the usual Joker hair in its usual color (or maybe the '66 Joker hair, if they've still got some of those laying around)

Actually, I bet the head print on that figure might make for a nice bomb or weapon or something for the usual Joker, like those old Joker Gas bombs from the classic Batman line!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

On 27 July 2017 at 3:22 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

Kids love Batman. I can easily foresee him being included in every wave. Same with Spider-Man over on the other side. That isn't inside info, just an outlook based on years of "evidence".

I guess so, at least put some new Batmen stuff in, such as Azrael, Jason Todd, Scarecrow, Firefly etc.

Edited by J4ck

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

I guess so, at least put some new Batmen stuff in, such as Azrael, Jason Todd, Scarecrow, Firefly etc.

I agree.  There is certainly a few Batman villains I am still waiting for. 

Is it DC's turn for a D2C set this year? 

35 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I hope so, that other set that I won't mention is looking to be a bit out of my price range. Wayne Manor would be perfect, but I fear it will be TLBM based if it is done. :/

34 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I don't know whose turn it is but I do know this:

Wayne Manor is becoming a D2C set next year via the batcave TLBM theme of sets. 5 sets + Series 2 of CMF AND D2C set

49 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

DC gets so many D2Cs and big sets, which I love, but it ticks me off that Marvel only has one D2C and the biggest retail set is $100. 

On 7/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, Sir von Lego said:

20 minifigures in that series.

Batman vs Harley Quinn

nigthwing vs Joker

supergirl vs Brainiac

Spider-Man vs Sandman

Starlord vs Nebula

Thor vs Loki

Another Batman and Spidey!?! They should change it up with a Batman Beyond Batman and a Black suit Spidey.

Hopefully we can get a Superman with the red boots from TLBM Series 2.

2 hours ago, The Lupinator said:

Another Batman and Spidey!?! They should change it up with a Batman Beyond Batman and a Black suit Spidey.

Hopefully we can get a Superman with the red boots from TLBM Series 2.

Or it could well be a sort of Ben Reilly sort of Spiderman. But who knows? And the Batman could well be a sort of all black variant!

Edited by Catanas

On 8/9/2017 at 8:17 PM, The Lupinator said:

They sell. They're each the most popular character of their company, so I'd be surprised if we didn't see them in every MM wave.

So, they are using The Batman Movie Joker vs "regular" Nightwing?

Also, Suicide Squad Harley Quinn is back!

57 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Preminary images of the Mighty Mircos are up on the usual places :wink:

Yo, @J4ck:wink:

Well, I should say, there is nothing particularly unique about the vehicle builds in these; but, these sets are "vehicles" for minifigures. I was kind of hoping for something novel like Thanos' Gauntlet-mobile.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Nightwing vs. Joker is cute. I guessed correctly that Joker would be based on his TLBM look. Batman vs. Harley is just meh. I love Brainiac's car and the little Kandor piece in the Supergirl vs. Brainiac set.

A new DC Junior Set has Leaked! It includes Joker, Batman and Robin (who seems to be Damian). Build is a Batwing, another Batcave section and a car for Joker :classic:

6 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

A new DC Junior Set has Leaked! It includes Joker, Batman and Robin (who seems to be Damian). Build is a Batwing, another Batcave section and a car for Joker :classic:

Robin looks identical to the previous Juniors Robin

Just now, The Pearson said:

Robin looks identical to the previous Juniors Robin

He does however have black arms this time, something unique to the Damian Wayne incarnation of the character. However these are still prelims so nothing's set in stone

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yo, @J4ck:wink:

Well, I should say, there is nothing particularly unique about the vehicle builds in these; but, these sets are "vehicles" for minifigures. I was kind of hoping for something novel like Thanos' Gauntlet-mobile.

You sir are a legend for tagging me! I'm assuming Duncan Young is referring to website R?

Just now, J4ck said:

You sir are a legend for tagging me! I'm assuming Duncan Young is referring to website R?

I saw them on Instagram from user lego_peru.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

He does however have black arms this time, something unique to the Damian Wayne incarnation of the character. However these are still prelims so nothing's set in stone

When I first saw it I thought it sort of looked like the Robin from the Deathstroke set.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love Harley Quinn's hair! Not sure about Supergirl's though. I do like Braniac and I'm excited for that Kandor piece!

It really is a great piece, used before in the Deadshot set from last year. 

Fun Fact: Supergirl and Thor's vehicle are the first MM to have all four wheels to be the smaller wheels.

i must say it looks quite good, I'm impressed with this choice. Wheels matter a LOT.