Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a green lantern vs sinestro mighty micro as well according to J4ck?

Twas rejected by Banjo, then later on he said that his "source" is unreliable so, yea no GL and Sinestro. 

1 hour ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Well to be honest, has J4ck ever posted any set information? I never knew he said this, but I'm sure that he's never had insider information.

He had but turns out to be fake.

Just to be clear, I'm not rubbing it or putting gasoline to the fire. This is what I remember.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, Sir von Lego said:

20 minifigures in that series.

Batman vs Harley Quinn

nigthwing vs Joker

supergirl vs Brainiac

Spider-Man vs Sandman

Starlord vs Nebula

Thor vs Loki

Cheers Captain! Another spider man *bursts out laughing* I don't collect the Marvel MMs though so I am ok.

Seriously? Again with the batman themed MM, in my opinion the Joker is the most overrated overused villain but I was surprised to be honest when they didn't make him in the first wave and then again surprised a second time when they didn't make him with the 1966 batman MM! But it would be nice to see Poison Ivy in the MM since she is my favourite DC female villain. Just realised it said Batman vs Harley Quinn someone on Reddit said Batgirl :sad:

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Twas rejected by Banjo, then later on he said that his "source" is unreliable so, yea no GL and Sinestro. 

He had but turns out to be fake.

Just to be clear, I'm not rubbing it or putting gasoline to the fire. This is what I remember.

That's exactly how it was, don't worry.

Edited by J4ck
Edited For Clairty

14 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Black Canary is confirmed to appear in the Lego Batman Movie CMF Series 2 as far as I know.

New info! I'm curious about what that Nightwing would look like. Rebirth or New 52.

14 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

I'm going to bet that it'll be blue Nightwing/Rebirth. Lego is starting to slowly push away from the New 52 costumes.

It's Mighty Micros. It'll be a black torso with the simplest blue or red design on his torso

2 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

So when can we expect some images from Comic-Con to appear online given that they are supposedly on display there?

They were revealed prior to SDCC last year and then displayed at SDCC last year. Since they haven't been revealed yet this year, who knows?

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

They were revealed prior to SDCC last year and then displayed at SDCC last year. Since they haven't been revealed yet this year, who knows?

He's talking about the regular DC sets which are on display, not the Mighty Micros. 

11 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Yeah, we really needed those new grins for The Flash. It fits his personality better than the last iteration.

Woah woah woah. You trying to say not every face needs a battle grimace? Bah! Next thing you'll say is that Braniac should have had a neutral face! Absolute bonkers!

Seriously, though, Lego does seem to be getting better at appropriate facial expressions, even from just a couple of years back. Remember how Superman could only scowl or look really smug in the original wave?

11 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Seriously, though, Lego does seem to be getting better at appropriate facial expressions, even from just a couple of years back. Remember how Superman could only scowl or look really smug in the original wave?

As opposed to now, when his current head has the red eyes of skyscraper-destroying heat vision, or a wide grin that would look wacky even on a Might Micro?! What possible scene would call for two such different faces? "I just murdered a thousand innocent bystanders... and I couldn't be happier!"

Does anyone know why Lego make the new piece for Firestorm's feet? I know it's to hold the new flame piece, but couldn't they have used the round 1x1 plate with the hole in the middle, either in solid red to match Firestorm's feet, or in trans-orange to match the flames (and would allow Firestorm's feet to move independently, unlike the new piece). At first, I thought it was because transparent colours might not be strong enough to make such a delicate brick, but looking at Batman's glider in the set, I just noticed that it uses that piece, and it's trans-orange! So why go to all the cost and effort of making a brand new piece?!

48 minutes ago, Felkin said:

As opposed to now, when his current head has the red eyes of skyscraper-destroying heat vision, or a wide grin that would look wacky even on a Might Micro?! What possible scene would call for two such different faces? "I just murdered a thousand innocent bystanders... and I couldn't be happier!"

My thoughts exactly! I hate that smiley face Sups even his comic book version looks horrible with that expression, and don't even get me started on DCEU version with that face!

58 minutes ago, Felkin said:

4 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

My thoughts exactly! I hate that smiley face Sups even his comic book version looks horrible with that expression, and don't even get me started on DCEU version with that face!

Whaaaaat? I thought that smile was perfect for especially comic Superman, it's like he's smiling at civilians after saving the day! Although the fact that it's paired with the angry laser face is a bit funny, but it does make sense when kids play with it and they want Kal's expression to quickly change from fighting a villain using laser vision to just happy.

2 minutes ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Whaaaaat? I thought that smile was perfect for especially comic Superman, it's like he's smiling at civilians after saving the day! Although the fact that it's paired with the angry laser face is a bit funny, but it does make sense when kids play with it and they want Kal's expression to quickly change from fighting a villain using laser vision to just happy.

It works well for comic version, but not for BvS/JL. The MoS head worked well, as he next to never smiles in the movies

I just wish they'd include some small building sometimes instead of some vague or weird vehicle.

Would be so cool to have Lex Luthor punch Superman through a wall or some villain breaking in to a large vault. Just a small build in a 20 and 30 euro/usd set.

1 hour ago, Cobb said:

I just wish they'd include some small building sometimes instead of some vague or weird vehicle.

Would be so cool to have Lex Luthor punch Superman through a wall or some villain breaking in to a large vault. Just a small build in a 20 and 30 euro/usd set.

One day my friend, one day...

On 23 July 2017 at 7:35 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

He's talking about the regular DC sets which are on display, not the Mighty Micros. 

Oh right. Cheers :)

It sucks we're getting a third batman for the Mighty Micros, it better be a different bat suit again!

7 hours ago, Felkin said:

Does anyone know why Lego make the new piece for Firestorm's feet? I know it's to hold the new flame piece, but couldn't they have used the round 1x1 plate with the hole in the middle, either in solid red to match Firestorm's feet, or in trans-orange to match the flames (and would allow Firestorm's feet to move independently, unlike the new piece). At first, I thought it was because transparent colours might not be strong enough to make such a delicate brick, but looking at Batman's glider in the set, I just noticed that it uses that piece, and it's trans-orange! So why go to all the cost and effort of making a brand new piece?!

I think it was designed for that purpose, but perhaps designers had an ulterior motive in making such a part. I'm not sure exactly what that would be, but the blogger over at the New Elementary blog is sure excited about it.

http://www.newelementary.com/2017/07/new-2018-lego-part-spotted.html

8 hours ago, J4ck said:

It sucks we're getting a third batman for the Mighty Micros, it better be a different bat suit again!

Darn right he'll be sporting a new look. I'm more worried about Spider-Man in the marvel thread...

8 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Darn right he'll be sporting a new look. I'm more worried about Spider-Man in the marvel thread...

That sounds about right, since they barely changed him up last time. Still a shame though.

5 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

That sounds about right, since they barely changed him up last time. Still a shame though.

I wish they would move away from the batman themed MM's and move into Justice League MM's such as Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg etc.

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

I wish they would move away from the batman themed MM's and move into Justice League MM's such as Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg etc.

Kids love Batman. I can easily foresee him being included in every wave. Same with Spider-Man over on the other side. That isn't inside info, just an outlook based on years of "evidence".

1 hour ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Kids love Batman. I can easily foresee him being included in every wave. Same with Spider-Man over on the other side. That isn't inside info, just an outlook based on years of "evidence".

Well, as far as Batman goes, boy with the most toys wins. :sceptic:

I hadn't even noticed before, but the Lex Mech comes with two recolors of part no. 27262 in Dark Purple on the sides of the cockpit. That's nice to see, since the Lobo set also gave us two Trans. Light Green recolors of the same part.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what color the tailfin/axhead pieces come in? Is it either Trans. Light Green or Trans. Florescent Green?

35406341973_1c14eaa4a0.jpg 6166852.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I hadn't even noticed before, but the Lex Mech comes with two recolors of part no. 27262 in Dark Purple on the sides of the cockpit. That's nice to see, since the Lobo set also gave us two Trans. Light Green recolors of the same part.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what color the tailfin/axhead pieces come in? Is it either Trans. Light Green or Trans. Florescent Green?

6166852.jpg

99% sure that it is Trans-Bright Green.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:51 PM, Raptor of Vengeance said:

Me too! I think it's just corny enough for a toy Superman. I'm glad we have the more stern option, but I'd much rather my Superman smile. I think it would be a little creepier if he didn't look as angry with the laser eyes, honestly :grin: I think it would be nice to get a print that looks like he's using his often-ignored freeze breath, just so we have the full gambit!

On 7/25/2017 at 2:47 PM, Cobb said:

It's kinda weird to me that we haven't had a bank vault robber in this theme yet. Marvel got an ATM robbery, and we had the Two-Face set where he's stealing a safe from a bank, but no love for the time-honored tradition of supervillains robbing actual vaults of valuables. That needs to change.

I'm curious as to how they'll make a third unique Batman for the Mighty Micros line, but I'm really excited to see the Nightwing v Joker set. I can't imagine Joker not looking pretty fun, and I bet Nightwing will have some neat prints to work with!