Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

7 minutes ago, LegoTFGuy said:

Sadly I think the fire bits just attach via bars through open studs.

Too bad, I really got my hopes up there for a split second. :sceptic:

On this topic of dual sided plates, I remember @Darkdragonmentioning on @Bonaparte's New Parts and Colors thread that apparently Megabrands has a patent on dual sided parts, so if that's the case, we probably would never see such parts from Lego any time soon.

But, @badgerboy has asked on @Jim's Questions for creator Expert Designers about dual sided plates as a question for Creator Expert designer Michael Psiaki, so maybe he might be able to shed some light on that particular issue.

56 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Too bad, I really got my hopes up there for a split second. :sceptic:

On this topic of dual sided plates, I remember @Darkdragonmentioning on @Bonaparte's New Parts and Colors thread that apparently Megabrands has a patent on dual sided parts, so if that's the case, we probably would never see such parts from Lego any time soon.

Don't discount a part's existence just because another company has a similar piece- the 1x2 plate with rounded edges is almost an exact copy of a KRE-O piece.

@Digger of Bricks I'm a bit disappointed by the news that Megabrands might have a patent on dual sided plates... tbh I'd like to see LEGO release them profusely through their entire wave of sets in a "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!" kind of way. See if Megabrands actually has the audacity to begin a lawsuit, if LEGO have struggled to enforce their patents in the past, why would Megabrands/Mattel have any more luck? From my understanding of patents, the patented item must have a new or novel application, a back-to-back plate shouldn't qualify.

Back on topic though, I could use a stack of those 1x2 plates with open studs. I like these sets too, look like some interesting builds!

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yes Krypto is an entirely new mold:thumbup:

Krypto does not use a recolored version of Scooby--they are in fact very different both in overall shape and pose. 

But they go together nicely!

14 minutes ago, badgerboy said:

tbh I'd like to see LEGO release them profusely through their entire wave of sets in a "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!" kind of way. See if Megabrands actually has the audacity to begin a lawsuit, if LEGO have struggled to enforce their patents in the past, why would Megabrands/Mattel have any more luck?

Now that would be awesome!

After the amazing detail put into the Lego Batman movie minifigs, I'm really disappointed with the half-@$$ed effort put into these 2018 minifigs. Considering the level of detail put into the custom and knock off minifigs over the past couple years, I hoped Lego would step up their game.  I was really hoping we'd at least get minifigs faithful to the Lego DC Batman video game designs. What we get is so plain... and Killer Frost's hair? Really?  

I'm assuming that these character selections are sorta based on the Cartoon Network's Justice League Action line-up of heroes and villains. I really appreciate that Lego is offering such a diverse array of characters, and that it's not like the Batman and Friends ideation that we had previously.

As always, I like the evolution of building techniques we're seeing with the vehicle builds. However, I think we have enough helicopters to last for awhile. 

15 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No. It's Aquaman's hair recolored

Ah, yes. Of course. Though, technically that's still a rather new hairpiece :tongue:

Thanks, though!
Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, Colossus said:

After the amazing detail put into the Lego Batman movie minifigs, I'm really disappointed with the half-@$$ed effort put into these 2018 minifigs. Considering the level of detail put into the custom and knock off minifigs over the past couple years, I hoped Lego would step up their game.  I was really hoping we'd at least get minifigs faithful to the Lego DC Batman video game designs. What we get is so plain... and Killer Frost's hair? Really?  

I'm assuming that these character selections are sorta based on the Cartoon Network's Justice League Action line-up of heroes and villains. I really appreciate that Lego is offering such a diverse array of characters, and that it's not like the Batman and Friends ideation that we had previously.

As always, I like the evolution of building techniques we're seeing with the vehicle builds. However, I think we have enough helicopters to last for awhile. 

The The Lego Batman 3 designs are pretty much outdated if we're talking about the comics. Really glad that they used some characters from Justice League Action and used their comic book designs. 

Is it because they're putting more effort in the Infinity War sets? I dunno because some characters really need leg printing and I dont know why they didn't gave them

1 hour ago, BatofGotham said:

Is it because they're putting more effort in the Infinity War sets? I dunno because some characters really need leg printing and I dont know why they didn't gave them

I doubt that. Marvel and DC are treated separately, so each one should have its own budget for design.

2 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

The The Lego Batman 3 designs are pretty much outdated if we're talking about the comics. Really glad that they used some characters from Justice League Action and used their comic book designs. 

It's probably due to the new molds for the blasts and for Krypto

8 hours ago, Hexagonical_waffles said:

ARE THE megablocking SETS BEING RELEASED ON JANUARY FIRST

Why don't you check the front page instead of posting again and again about it? 

Seriously I don't get why some people can't just look up a little bit of simple information, in the Forbes article that first showcased the new sets it clearly states: "Due out in January of 2018". That is all the information we have at the moment. Given the past it is very likely (almost dead certain) that the official release date for these sets is indeed January 1st.

29 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Seriously I don't get why some people can't just look up a little bit of simple information, in the Forbes article that first showcased the new sets it clearly states: "Due out in January of 2018". That is all the information we have at the moment. Given the past it is very likely (almost dead certain) that the official release date for these sets is indeed January 1st.

Seriously I don't get why some people can't just reply with a simple yes or no. I said "the sets are being released Jan 1 RIGHT?" Just confirming. No reply. Ask again. No reply. Clearly just being ignored.

Just now, Hexagonical_waffles said:

Seriously I don't get why some people can't just reply with a simple yes or no. I said "the sets are being released Jan 1 RIGHT?" Just confirming. No reply. Ask again. No reply. Clearly just being ignored.

No one could confirm that they are released on Jan 1st because it is not yet known. All we know is January, no specific date. There is no need to start "swearing" and using caps in order to get attention.

I'm loving all the new molded "energy" pieces.  Hopefully plenty of those crossover into the Marvel line.

Cheetah and Reverse Flash have to be my favorites.  I love having more of Flash's rogues, and its about time we got one for Wonder Woman (other than the DCEU Ares).

Just now, Hexagonical_waffles said:

Whores

Haha oh man, its been nice seeing you around this forum. Guess this is goodbye. :laugh_hard:

45 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I'm loving all the new molded "energy" pieces.  Hopefully plenty of those crossover into the Marvel line.

Cheetah and Reverse Flash have to be my favorites.  I love having more of Flash's rogues, and its about time we got one for Wonder Woman (other than the DCEU Ares).

I love the new pieces too. The shield would work perfectly for Scarlet Witch! 

Completely forgot about this, but I remember wishing Flash would have yellow power blast accessories to represent his lightning throwing like in the TV show. Glad I got my wish :laugh:

I actually really like Flash's design, first glance I thought it was a 2014 rehash but I love the lightning across his torso. Can't remember if that's the New 52 or Rebirth design, but I'm a big fan

9 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Related to the blast accessories, when they were introduced I heard complaints from people that they could cause damage to a minifigure, is this true?

Nah, I think peeps are complaining with Super Jumpers not that Power Blasts it's minifigure friendly. Proven and tested 100%~ 

18 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Related to the blast accessories, when they were introduced I heard complaints from people that they could cause damage to a minifigure, is this true?

I think that is was thought that using them too much could break a minifigures hand, but I've not heard of any issues with them thus far

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nah, I think peeps are complaining with Super Jumpers not that Power Blasts it's minifigure friendly. Proven and tested 100%~ 

Glad to hear it.

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

I think that is was thought that using them too much could break a minifigures hand, but I've not heard of any issues with them thus far

Yes, I believe that it was indeed something about the hands, glad to hear that this is not the case.

Honestly you should keep in mind that whenever cyclic stress is applied to a material over a long time, microcracks can develop into cracks and make it fail by fatigue. If you do it often enough, probably swapping out legs out and back into a minifigure torso can crack it. So if you want to be 100% that your figures won't suffer that fate, you have to avoid playing with them as much as possible. If you want to enjoy them more fully, then the possibility of fatigue is something that you should accept.